• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 point quarter for the Warriors. No big deal.

That's some All Star Game shit right there.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Clippers just beat the Warriors already? I really loathe them

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mecca I hope you're not watching the game. I didn't think it was possible to score 50 points in one quarter. Yet, here we are.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie Cauley-Stein scores 29, Kings win by 16.
Demarcus Cousins scores 27, Pelicans lose by 30.
:yes:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bold prediction in the offseason - Doc's getting fired after failing to get the Clips past the 2nd round.....again.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small victories, @Bolts . They're more valuable than you know.
A loss would have put the Kings in better position to keep both 1st round picks, but I'm not at all disappointed after watching that game. The team had fun and played hard. Can't ask for much more than that right now.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Warriors man. They are losing to the Clippers, blow them out with a 50 pt quarter to cruise to an easy victory, but end up winning by 10 and thus blowing the 12 pt spread. :L

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Warriors man. They are losing to the Clippers, blow them out with a 50 pt quarter to cruise to an easy victory, but end up winning by 10 and thus blowing the 12 pt spread. :L

Love them or hate them the Warriors are playing literally the highest level of team excellence in the modern NBA era. This is just a fact. Even if you hate them for how they got here (adding Durant), that they are here is a simple fact.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are good. Not saying they will be GS and SA but I really like that team

I just do not like Harden's game, but I have to agree. And then adding Lou Williams? As a Warriors fan I'm REALLY hoping the Spurs and Rockets are the 2 and 3 seeds in the West.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clearly mistaken. Wiggy has assured us that Gilbert will spend every dime he has and end up homeless and living in van down by the Cuyahoga River to make sure the Cavs have everything Lebron wants.

No way Gilbert wouldn;t spend that money. He knows Lebron would be deeply disappointed in him. :dhd:
Defending Champs

Highest payroll in the HISTORY of the NBA

Hopefully adding Deron Williams.

it was a freaking awesome day to be a Cavs fan!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James was flanked by a couple of alternative pickups: Kyle Korver and Derrick Williams, who combined for 30 points on 11-for-20 shooting. They joined the plus-sized second unit coach Ty Lue continues to experiment with -- with James, Korver, Williams, Richard Jefferson and Channing Frye, all measuring 6-foot-7 or taller -- and Thursday saw the group once again wreak havoc on its opponent.

Just fit in perfect,” James said of the pair. “Vets. No ego. Just want to do whatever it takes to help us win. And D-Will adds something that we were looking for in an athletic wing -- he can play both sides of the floor, he can defend, he can rebound. Make shots. And Kyle gave us another knockdown shooter, so it’s just perfect for our team.”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah hard to see him playing in the playoffs unless it is a route. Assuming the cavs are healthy, I would guess their bench rotation looks like this in the playoffs:

Shump
Korver
RJ
Frye
Deron Williams (assuming they sign him)

Hard to see them using a 11 man rotation in the playoffs
ill guarantee you that Derrick Williams sees playoff minutes. Like i said- he gives them something they could really use--- an athlete that can finish the pick and roll rolling to the basket.

was listening to the RJ and Frye podcast today and they said they were amazed at Williams athleticism- they had thought he was a great athlete- but seeing him up close they were really

IF the Cavs do end up getting Deron Williams as planned- I LOVE how Griffin has restocked the team

Deron Williams, Derek Williams and Kyle Korver? -- great job of restocking. I cant guarantee you- but i dont think any clowns out there would POSSIBLY argue that Delly Mozgov > then Korver, Williams and Williams (and maybe even Bogut)

Griffin- once again- did a great job ignoring the noise and delivering exactly what the Cavs needed- and of course

you got big Dan Gilbert backing it up shelling dollars for the highest payroll in the HISTORY of the NBA.

These next few months are gonna be a helluva ride and a helluva lot of fun!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say--- if Deron Williams ends up in Cleveland--- ya gotta wonder if Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban are good buddies...

at the beginning of last year Cuban let Jefferson walk out of his contract to go to a contender----- now- it looks like both Bogut and Deron Williams will be available in the free agent market.

if the Cavs can just get 1 out of those 2 it would be a great move to strengthen their bench.

this from Jason Lloyd of the ABJ:

Cavs 119, Knicks 104; Jason Lloyd's final, Final Thoughts

Williams was released by the Mavericks in another good-faith move by owner Mark Cuban. When DeAndre Jordan’s free agency unraveled on Cuban prior to last season, he let Richard Jefferson out of his agreement to return to Dallas so Jefferson could pursue an opportunity with a contender. He wound up getting a ring out of it in Cleveland.

4. Now the Mavericks have released Williams – with full pay – so he can also pursue a ring. It’s common following the trade deadline for a veteran to have to give back a portion of his salary in the form of a buyout to be released. Not so with Williams, who gets to keep the whole thing.

5. Williams, 32, fits perfectly into the Cavs’ biggest need as a backup point guard and playmaker. He’s still highly productive, averaging 13.1 points and 6.9 rebounds. Now they just have to get him. There’s no guarantee, after all, the clears waivers.

6. The Jazz were rumored to be interested in Williams and they’re still $4 million below the salary floor. They can easily fit his $8 million into their cap and Williams, who began his career in Utah, still has a home there. Provided Williams gets through waivers, he’s likely Cleveland-bound. But that’s not a sure thing at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Cavs let 5.4M trade exception EXPIRE.

Can you image if Arison did that?

@WiggyRuss would have typed so much shit he'd need prosthetic fingers.
LOL

dude- if Mickey Arison ever ran the HIGHEST PAYROLL IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA- of course i wouldnt criticize his cheapness. He was never even TOP 2 in the league- lol.

like i have said- when you have a historic talent- you have an obligation as an owner to spend on a historic level. The Cavs are #1, #1 and #2 and payroll in LeBrons 3 years here... IN Miami- 22, 5, 3, 3 if i am not mistaken. a huge reason why he is in cleveland- the Cavs are in 1st, and he is not in Miami- and the Heat are in the lotto.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ill guarantee you that Derrick Williams sees playoff minutes. Like i said- he gives them something they could really use--- an athlete that can finish the pick and roll rolling to the basket.

was listening to the RJ and Frye podcast today and they said they were amazed at Williams athleticism- they had thought he was a great athlete- but seeing him up close they were really

IF the Cavs do end up getting Deron Williams as planned- I LOVE how Griffin has restocked the team

Deron Williams, Derek Williams and Kyle Korver? -- great job of restocking. I cant guarantee you- but i dont think any clowns out there would POSSIBLY argue that Delly Mozgov > then Korver, Williams and Williams (and maybe even Bogut)

Griffin- once again- did a great job ignoring the noise and delivering exactly what the Cavs needed- and of course

you got big Dan Gilbert backing it up shelling dollars for the highest payroll in the HISTORY of the NBA.

These next few months are gonna be a helluva ride and a helluva lot of fun!

So the cavs are going to an 11 man rotation in the playoffs? Sure

Only way i see hom playing in the playoffs (assuming they're healthy) is in a blowout or if someone gets in early foul trouble.

You do realize rotations shrink in the playoffs, not expand right?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

dude- if Mickey Arison ever ran the HIGHEST PAYROLL IN THE HISTORY OF THE NBA- of course i wouldnt criticize his cheapness. He was never even TOP 2 in the league- lol.

like i have said- when you have a historic talent- you have an obligation as an owner to spend on a historic level. The Cavs are #1, #1 and #2 and payroll in LeBrons 3 years here... IN Miami- 22, 5, 3, 3 if i am not mistaken. a huge reason why he is in cleveland- the Cavs are in 1st, and he is not in Miami- and the Heat are in the lotto.

1. As usual, you are clueless to circumstance and obviously not smart enough to comprehend what has been explained to you numerous times.

2. If the Cavs ever have a better 4 year run of results then the Heat did, then you are welcome to come here, talk shit, and say they did a better job. Until then, all you are doing is compounding your legacy of idiocy.

3. For fun, share with all of us which teams spent more in years 2-4.

To summarize.
Heat did a better job with James, and the gap of success when neither has James is 1000000% in favor of Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.