• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might have a dozen by now and an all star appearance or two!

instead- 1 POTW and zero all star appearances- because he spent a decent amount of his career in the dleague and overseas- and not because he doesnt have the talent-

a guy that size- with that athletic ability- will be 28 in June.

1 POTW.

what was that movie- "A Bronx Tale"?

saddest thing in life is wasted potential?

guess that's the point. YOU look at him and say "waste". others look at him and say "overcame"...

i dunno, but i THINK the latter is MUCH more commendable...

and truer...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cool with Magic HIV jokes.
Why not?
Besides, he looks healthier now.
that South Park is one of the most hilarious ones they ever made

did you ever see it?

whats the cure for HIV? since Cartman gets it--- they go and see Magic...and learn that the cure for HIV is CASH-- injected DIRECTLY into the blood stream.

They Found A Cure For AIDS

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think about the time when he contracted it. medical science ain't near what it is now to keep HIV in check. Magic's a VERY lucky man...
lucky = has mounds of cash

Yah hes fine now. I dont even think its latent anymore. Its pretty remarkable and just goes to show you- if you have enough money- you can get just about anything done. OJ simpson showed us that too didnt he? lol.

could u even imagine being on OJ's legal team how much money you would have made?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess that's the point. YOU look at him and say "waste". others look at him and say "overcame"...

and truer...

Exactly.
He's now living what most others only dream about.
Wasted life at 27?
I'd LOVE to be 27 again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and truer...
its a good point.

Would you say at this point in his career he has "overcome" and reached his potential? lets see him do it for more than 1 year without cheap shotting a guy-

but-

shit- i admit- i said - i thought he would fall off and get lazy- and to his credit he has not done that yet. Now- would i still rather have TT if i am trying to win a title- of course- ESPECIALLY at the price--- but i definitely cannot say the guy got lazy and thus far- plus- i gotta admit- he hasnt been a thug this year- not yet anyway.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lucky = has mounds of cash

Yah hes fine now. I dont even think its latent anymore. Its pretty remarkable and just goes to show you- if you have enough money- you can get just about anything done. OJ simpson showed us that too didnt he? lol.

could u even imagine being on OJ's legal team how much money you would have made?

yeah, if they didn't catch it early i'm FAIRLY certain he'd be dead as Easy-E...

and btw, he was rollin' in dough too...

yup, luck ain't got a DAMN thing to do with it...:L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good point.

Would you say at this point in his career he has "overcome" and reached his potential? lets see him do it for more than 1 year without cheap shotting a guy-

but-

shit- i admit- i said - i thought he would fall off and get lazy- and to his credit he has not done that yet. Now- would i still rather have TT if i am trying to win a title- of course- ESPECIALLY at the price--- but i definitely cannot say the guy got lazy and thus far- plus- i gotta admit- he hasnt been a thug this year- not yet anyway.

Not only did he not get lazy, he worked HARDED.
Not only has he not been a thug, he's be a LEADER.

I'm telling you, and not because he's on the Heat.
We don't have a clue what his ceiling is.
He figures it out more and more night to night, week to week, month to month.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a good point.

but-

easiest way to respond to this is...keep reading the story...

or in your own "sage" words, "time'll tell"...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During that nationally televised game Steph, Dray & Klay didn't play. Of course KD's injured right now so him missing that game doesn't count. So for that game the Warriors Big 4 didn't play. You said to name a superstar that sat out during a nationally televised game & I did.

I was asking if they all sat out because I honestly don't remember. Also, to be fair, the Warriors were coming off of an 8 game, 8 different cities, 11,000 miles trip. So, while I still don't like it, I can understand it far more than what the Cavs did.

And how many times has Steph rested compared to LeBron? I have no idea.

Steph has played in 68 of the Warriors 70 games.

My guess is LeBron is getting whatever rest he can before the regular season ends. Although he does take advantage of that rule more than others. And that's doesn't seem right.

He uses it too much and then blames his coach when everyone knows that if he wanted to play, he's playing.

Heard JVG on Dan Patrick this morning and he made a great point. He said that these guys know what they are signing up for. They know the NBA season is 82 games long and that they are paid to play 82 games as long as they are healthy enough to play.

Also heard an interesting stat on Dan Patrick. Michael Jordan played all 82 games 8 times in his career. Lebron never has.

During the Bulls 2nd 3-peat when MJ was 32,33 and 34, he played in all 82 games every one of those seasons.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, if they didn't catch it early i'm FAIRLY certain he'd be dead as Easy-E...

and btw, he was rollin' in dough too...

yup, luck ain't got a DAMN thing to do with it...:L
i definitely think Magic being a world-class athlete and in great shape helped his cause.

forgive me- but i would think that Easy E was proooobably not exactly a health nut or in the same shape as a transcendent pro-athlete. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easiest way to respond to this is...keep reading the story...

or in your own "sage" words, "time'll tell"...
def. true.

shit- i gotta say- he has definitely surpassed my expectations thus far by just not cheap shotting anyone this year, and continuing to work hard.

In my own defense- you see a guy with EVERYTHING on the line- who is given 2nd chance after 2nd chance- in a contract year- continue to act like a thug- a guy with a long history of laziness and petulance- and to just assume that he had figured it out i thought was asinine.

now does 1 year mean he "figured it out" ---- ehh-- maybe- maybe not----as you so eloquently said- time will tell.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i definitely think Magic being a world-class athlete and in great shape helped his cause.

forgive me- but i would think that Easy E was proooobably not exactly a health nut or in the same shape as a transcendent pro-athlete. lol.

YOU were the one that tried to say he lived because of his money. i only pointed out it wasn't the ONLY factor involved...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def. true.

shit- i gotta say- he has definitely surpassed my expectations thus far by just not cheap shotting anyone this year, and continuing to work hard.

In my own defense- you see a guy with EVERYTHING on the line- who is given 2nd chance after 2nd chance- in a contract year- continue to act like a thug- a guy with a long history of laziness and petulance- and to just assume that he had figured it out i thought was asinine.

now does 1 year mean he "figured it out" ---- ehh-- maybe- maybe not----as you so eloquently said- time will tell.

gotta say that i'm not so sure of this "long history of laziness" being valid...

is this documented somewhere...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say that i'm not so sure of this "long history of laziness" being valid...

is this documented somewhere...?
uhhh yah.....its why he dropped in the draft, was sent to the dleague- and eventually couldnt find a job with any of the 30 NBA teams despite being a 7 footer with great athletic ability- and had to go to every podunk league in the world in order to get on the court. You think that stuff happened by accident?

I mean shit---- in this run with the Heat- the heat actually signed him and then cut him--- he was picked up by the Grizz- and cut again- and then picked up again by the Heat.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geezus get your panties in a twist- it was a "joke" in response to a "joke" about Lebron and love and kyrie being "fags" becuase they sat out games. gmafb. i just thought THAT was rather ironic. lol.

Yeah, because calling guys fags for resting and making fun of someone who has a deadly, incurable disease is the same thing.

You just keep making yourself look like the idiot we all know you to be. Good job. :thumb:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhhh yah.....its why he dropped in the draft, was sent to the dleague- and eventually couldnt find a job with any of the 30 NBA teams despite being a 7 footer with great athletic ability- and had to go to every podunk league in the world in order to get on the court. You think that stuff happened by accident?

I mean shit---- in this run with the Heat- the heat actually signed him and then cut him--- he was picked up by the Grizz- and cut again- and then picked up again by the Heat.

guess what i'm trying to say is are there specific scouts or anyone else that chalk all of that up as him being lazy. YOU coming to that assumtion just ain't doin' it for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.