• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess what i'm trying to say is are there specific scouts or anyone else that chalk all of that up as him being lazy. YOU coming to that assumtion just ain't doin' it for me...
The incredible journey of Hassan Whiteside

When Hassan Whiteside declared for the 2010 NBA draft, he was considered a likely lottery pick.

Three years later, his reputation in the United States was in tatters. A failed two-season stint with the Kings seemingly confirmed the maturity concerns that pushed him to the second round coming out of Marshall. After all, if his physical tools – 7-foot with a 7-foot-7 wingspan and impressive leaping ability – couldn’t keep him in the league at age 23, what was wrong with him?

So, Whiteside went to Lebanon to play for “the only team that would take me.”

“I’ve always been NBA, NBA, NBA since I was little. So, it didn’t really change anything as far as,” Whiteside said, tapping his heart, “it went for me. But other people was probably like, ‘No way he’s going to get back there.’”

Hassan’s first season with the Sacramento Kings, he didn’t play very much at all because he injured himself and was supposed to be rehabbing. He didn’t rehab at all and instead just hung around and said “yeah, whatever,” and went on collecting his checks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking if they all sat out because I honestly don't remember. Also, to be fair, the Warriors were coming off of an 8 game, 8 different cities, 11,000 miles trip. So, while I still don't like it, I can understand it far more than what the Cavs did.

Steph has played in 68 of the Warriors 70 games.

He uses it too much and then blames his coach when everyone knows that if he wanted to play, he's playing.

Heard JVG on Dan Patrick this morning and he made a great point. He said that these guys know what they are signing up for. They know the NBA season is 82 games long and that they are paid to play 82 games as long as they are healthy enough to play.

Also heard an interesting stat on Dan Patrick. Michael Jordan played all 82 games 8 times in his career. Lebron never has.

During the Bulls 2nd 3-peat when MJ was 32,33 and 34, he played in all 82 games every one of those seasons.
LeBron at 32 has already played in more NBA game's than Michael in his whole career---- due of course to some substantial injuries MJ had early in his career, and sitting out 2 seasons, and the playoffs not being as long (in the first roudn at least)

by the time LeBron's career is over he will have played in HUNDREDS of more games than MJ. The workload leBron will have endured will make MJ's career workload look like a breeze.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Hassan Whiteside declared for the 2010 NBA draft, he was considered a likely lottery pick.

Three years later, his reputation in the United States was in tatters. A failed two-season stint with the Kings seemingly confirmed the maturity concerns that pushed him to the second round coming out of Marshall. After all, if his physical tools – 7-foot with a 7-foot-7 wingspan and impressive leaping ability – couldn’t keep him in the league at age 23, what was wrong with him?

So, Whiteside went to Lebanon to play for “the only team that would take me.”

“I’ve always been NBA, NBA, NBA since I was little. So, it didn’t really change anything as far as,” Whiteside said, tapping his heart, “it went for me. But other people was probably like, ‘No way he’s going to get back there.’”

Hassan’s first season with the Sacramento Kings, he didn’t play very much at all because he injured himself and was supposed to be rehabbing. He didn’t rehab at all and instead just hung around and said “yeah, whatever,” and went on collecting his checks.

Yep i can see immature. seems to me the guy's got his head on straight as of NOW, though...

not seeing a slight on his work ethic, but it's all good. suffice it to say it doesn't seem to be an issue these days...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For those who don't want to read the article, but know how Wiggy likes to only highlight the part that he thinks makes him look like he knows what he's talking about:

The article talks about how Whiteside traveled around the world and some of the things he saw and dealt with in Lebanon and China. He admitted that a team in Lebanon was the only team that would take him at the time.

It also talks about how Chris Bosh started mentoring him when he came to the Heat.

Sounds like someone who had to learn a few lessons the hard way and has finally grown up and appreciates what he has. The article is also from a couple of years ago when Whiteside wasn't as good as he is now and was still playing for the league minimum.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking if they all sat out because I honestly don't remember. Also, to be fair, the Warriors were coming off of an 8 game, 8 different cities, 11,000 miles trip. So, while I still don't like it, I can understand it far more than what the Cavs did.

Steph has played in 68 of the Warriors 70 games.

He uses it too much and then blames his coach when everyone knows that if he wanted to play, he's playing.

Heard JVG on Dan Patrick this morning and he made a great point. He said that these guys know what they are signing up for. They know the NBA season is 82 games long and that they are paid to play 82 games as long as they are healthy enough to play.

Also heard an interesting stat on Dan Patrick. Michael Jordan played all 82 games 8 times in his career. Lebron never has.

During the Bulls 2nd 3-peat when MJ was 32,33 and 34, he played in all 82 games every one of those seasons.

Neither of us like LeBron & he shouldn't take so many games off. Plus it doesn't help he's firmly stuck his foot in his mouth on several occasions during his career. I hate the comparison to MJ though. He's in a class all by himself. LeBron, Kobe & anyone else should never be compared to him. And just to trying to look @ this from a different perspective Steph, Dray & Klay don't have nearly as many of NBA miles as LeBron (regular season & playoffs). But that's still not an excuse for what he does. I had to look this up but MJ actually played in all 82 games 9 times & not 8. He even played in all 82 @ the age of 39 his final year in the league. Then again MJ also understood (and cared) that fans wanted to see him play & he didn't want to rob NBA fans of that experience.

Just imagine how many points MJ would have scored had he played full seasons in '94, '95, '99, '00 & '01.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron at 32 has already played in more NBA game's than Michael in his whole career---- due of course to some substantial injuries MJ had early in his career, and sitting out 2 seasons, and the playoffs not being as long (in the first roudn at least)

by the time LeBron's career is over he will have played in HUNDREDS of more games than MJ. The workload leBron will have endured will make MJ's career workload look like a breeze.

Yep, he'll have played hundreds of more games, probably at least 5 more seasons, and will still have 3 less rings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who don't want to read the article, but know how Wiggy likes to only highlight the part that he thinks makes him look like he knows what he's talking about:

The article talks about how Whiteside traveled around the world and some of the things he saw and dealt with in Lebanon and China. He admitted that a team in Lebanon was the only team that would take him at the time.

It also talks about how Chris Bosh started mentoring him when he came to the Heat.

Sounds like someone who had to learn a few lessons the hard way and has finally grown up and appreciates what he has. The article is also from a couple of years ago when Whiteside wasn't as good as he is now and was still playing for the league minimum.

I give Whiteside alotta credit for not giving up on is dream & working his ass off to be a very productive NBAer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well- the ability to read helps-chief lakers he asked me to provide some kind of backup for whiteside was lazy before going overeseas

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how does that change the fact that Lebron has NEVER played all 82 games? Even when he was much younger and before he started this run of finals appearances. MJ played all 82 game 8 times, Lebron never has.

It also doesn't change the fact that he knew he was signing on for 82 games. It's not like the NBA just expanded to 82 games either. They've been playing 82 for decades.

Additionally, you like to talk about "sports science." Well, guess what? That cuts both ways. We are told that along with better transportation, better hotels, etc. That today's players also have better doctors, better supplements, better training techniques, are bigger, faster, stronger and in better shape than players in the past.

Also, the season has been stretched out and allows for more rest. For example, there are no longer any back to back to back games and fewer back to backs than there used to be.

So 82 games should be no problem for them.

Reactions: TJL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he'll have played hundreds of more games, probably at least 5 more seasons, and will still have 3 less rings.

Sounds like you can see into the future. How can you be so sure LeBron doesn't win another ring or rings? And can you tell me who the next 4 or 5 NBA champs will be so I can go to Vegas & win some money?:D

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you can see into the future. How can you be so sure LeBron doesn't win another ring or rings? And can you tell me who the next 4 or 5 NBA champs will be so I can go to Vegas & win some money?:D

You should have just posted this

enhanced-buzz-3386-1360280391-3.jpg

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well- the ability to read helps-chief lakers he asked me to provide some kind of backup for whiteside was lazy before going overeseas

i did. and btw this story still wasn't definitive knock on his work ethic, just his maturity...

the ability to assess fairly ALSO helps...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Neither of us like LeBron & he shouldn't take so many games off. Plus it doesn't help he's firmly stuck his foot in his mouth on several occasions during his career. I hate the comparison to MJ though. He's in a class all by himself. LeBron, Kobe & anyone else should never be compared to him. And just to trying to look @ this from a different perspective Steph, Dray & Klay don't have nearly as many of NBA miles as LeBron (regular season & playoffs). But that's still not an excuse for what he does. I had to look this up but MJ actually played in all 82 games 9 times & not 8. He even played in all 82 @ the age of 39 his final year in the league. Then again MJ also understood (and cared) that fans wanted to see him play & he didn't want to rob NBA fans of that experience.

Just imagine how many points MJ would have scored had he played full seasons in '94, '95, '99, '00 & '01.
i agree- MJ's workload was no where near what LeBrons is/will be by the end of his career.

LeBron- at 32 years old has already played in more games than Michael Jordan played in his entire career. By the time its over LeBron will have played in literally hundreds of more games- and have played a workload that puts MJ to shame.

MJ played in 1039 regular season games
LeBron has already played in 1049.

LeBron has played in 199 playoff games. MJ played in 179

LeBron at 32 years old has already played in 30 more games than MJ. Itll be HUNDREDS before all is said and done.

LeBron could rest 40 games a year from here on out and play a workload that was astronomically greater than MJ's.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's the greatest

Kyrie is a top 5 PG

The Cavs are the best team in the league

Kevin Love is a superstar

The Heat suck

Their 3 championships don't matter

Pat Riley is a RAT that ran D-Wade out of town

Whiteside is a lazy can

Goran Dragic is not a top 25 PG

The Heat will get decimated by the Cavs in the playoffs

Now that we've covered all your topics for the day Wiggy, log the fuck off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how does that change the fact that Lebron has NEVER played all 82 games? Even when he was much younger and before he started this run of finals appearances. MJ played all 82 game 8 times, Lebron never has.

It also doesn't change the fact that he knew he was signing on for 82 games. It's not like the NBA just expanded to 82 games either. They've been playing 82 for decades.

Additionally, you like to talk about "sports science." Well, guess what? That cuts both ways. We are told that along with better transportation, better hotels, etc. That today's players also have better doctors, better supplements, better training techniques, are bigger, faster, stronger and in better shape than players in the past.

Also, the season has been stretched out and allows for more rest. For example, there are no longer any back to back to back games and fewer back to backs than there used to be.

Just to stir some shit up & have some fun...

-Magic never played in all 82 games in a season
-Bird only played all 82 three times
-Kobe: 3 times
-Duncan: 2 times
-Swappy P: once:D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its smart not to play in all 82 games. Its how you stay healthy and play hundreds of more games in your career.

as i said- to quote Ben Franklin- an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Its why LeBron will far and away pass MJ in points, rebounds, assists, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's the greatest

Kyrie is a top 5 PG

The Heat suck

Whiteside is a lazy can

you damn near got it to a T...:pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And once again, you take shit out of context. Obviously, unlike Whiteside, you're never going to learn.

Not once did the article say he was lazy. In fact, the only time the word "lazy" is used in the article is when Whiteside said that in China, your interpreter is everything and that "if he's lazy and don't want to help you, you're going to struggle."

The article definitely paints him as being immature, but it doesn't support your claim that he was lazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's the greatest

Kyrie is a top 5 PG

The Heat suck

Whiteside is a lazy can

1. LEBron is the 2nd greatest player of all time right now at age 32--- MJ is still the greatest- at least right now.

2. Kyrie DEFINITELY is a top 5 pg in the league

3. Kevin Love - i dont think he is a "super star"- but hes an all star- and just might be the best big man in the East

4. THe Heat dont suck--- but id rather suck then be between 11th and 8th inthe East- get slaughtered in the first round- and get a crappy lotto pick

5. Pat Riley DID run Wade out of town- though Wade's pride definitely had a major role in it as well

6. Whiteside - as i said in my previous post- hasnt been lazy this year

7. I just said yesterday how great i thought Dragic was playing--- i mean- hes no KYrie- but hes about a top 10 PG--- maybe right inside that or right outside the top 10 depending on your argument

8. Yes- the Cavs will be shit on by the Heat* if they are unlucky enough to play them.

Status
Not open for further replies.