• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that had to be Westbrook's worst game all season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this shows you can still have really shitty TV games when everybody plays.

All it took was OKC on the schedule to get the Warriors refocused.

That and a little chippiness between the MVP and the odds on next MVP....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man im so sick of this fake tough guy act by Brandon Jennings.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also noted, JaVale McGee is a valuable bench player. Warriors go 8 deep, maybe 9 when all healthy. And again, don't need much bench when you have a Big 4 playing 36-38 mins a night for the playoffs, but being able to always have 2 on the floor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

and he deleted my joke about Fags.....lol.

I just thought it was ironic that a Lakers fan who's supposed greatest player retired because of HIV and hes calling other players fags!

you can tell people not to throw in stones in glass houses- but apparently some people have blind spots.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was funny....you know your franchise is at an all time low when there media has to make up quotes about their players, lol

Baxter Holmes ESPN Staff Writer
On the quote transcripts distributed by the Los Angeles Lakers after Sunday night's loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers, the Lakers said that a quote from LeBron James was referencing Lakers guard D'Angelo Russell, who scored a career-high 40 points. The quote from James read in part, "He's a special guy. He's a special player." But a Lakers spokesperson said Monday that they made a mistake and that James was speaking about his teammate Kyrie Irving, who scored 46 points, and not Russell. The spokesperson said the Lakers regret their error

lol...maybe someday DeAngelo- but not when you have the worst record in the West for the 2nd straight year of your two year career- it aint happening. Even when the Cavs were just awful- they were never dogshit on the level of having the worst record in the Conference for 2 straight years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

and he deleted my joke about Fags.....lol.

I just thought it was ironic that a Lakers fan who's supposed greatest player retired because of HIV and hes calling other players fags!

you can tell people not to throw in stones in glass houses- but apparently some people have blind spots.

Are you sayig Magic caught HIV from a man?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogdon under pressure against a tough opponent falls back to earth- what a surprise. When the Wizards traded for him- were they in 3rd place?

still in 3rd- still losing to the Celtics- such an eay string of games there for a while---- Orlando, Phoeni, Denver, Sac, Portland, Mini, Dallas, chicago, Charlotte.......no wonder they were playing well.----even there "tough games"--- GSW without Durant, Toronto without Lowry...talk about a team that has had a cupcake schedule since the trade deadline- that is ridiculous!! lol.

now against Boston- ?? loss. 0/5 from three.

Its why i still have Boston above Washington- Washigton just has no above average NBA players outside of of course- Beale and Wall- who are great, Porter who is very good----- and then Gortat and Morris are solid NBA starters.

just about everyone else? take em or leave em- basically replacement level guys.

it makes an interesting matchup as Boston has so much depth- but no 2 guys as good as Wall or Beale---- but you just cant have zero bench in the NBA playoffs.

I really hope John Wall and Beale take zero time off and have no rest going into the playoffs. The "tough" guys can show what they are made out. Would be shocked if they make it past Boston at this point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow Silver actually wrote a memo to the league

Silver sends memo to owners on resting players

thought GRiffin makes a great point in this article that what the Cavs did isnt really comparable to the farce the Warriors put on last weekend:

Griffin said the Cavs' situation was different from that of the Warriors, who rested healthy players against the Spurs.

"It was nothing like the last time that happened," he told ESPN, referring to last weekend. "Those were three healthy dudes that rested. That's not what happened tonight (Kyrie coming off a knee strain, and Love coming back early from knee surgery). Yeah, it sucks from a timing perspective. I feel bad for the league. I really do. I feel bad for the league, but it is what it is for us, from an injury standpoint. As you know, we haven't had a team together for more than a week at a time all year."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards have a hard run of games coming up.

2 easy games- against an Atlanta team that is really knicked up, and then Brooklyn------ but then they go on the road for

Cleveland, LOL, LAC, Utah, Golden State- and then finish out with Charlotte, Knicks, Miami, Detroit and Miami.

2 out of the last 3 games of the season for the Wiz and the Heat are against eachother. Some playoff seedings/fates may very well be decided in those 2 games.....should be interesting.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

should have a win tonight vs. the Suns.....at home....

those last 2 games against the Wiz should be interesting ones. I wonder if a. The Wiz will still be playing for seeding, and b. if John Wall keeps to his talk and refuses to sit out----- the 2nd last game inth e middle is vs. Cleveland- who almost assuredly will be sitting guys- esp. if it looks at all like they will be facing the Heat.

you think Dion is back by then?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TurnUpTheHeat

should have a win tonight vs. the Suns.....at home....

those last 2 games against the Wiz should be interesting ones. I wonder if a. The Wiz will still be playing for seeding, and b. if John Wall keeps to his talk and refuses to sit out

you think Dion is back by then?

The goal is to have Waiters back before the end of the season so I would expect him back by then.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs still have 1 game against Boston- and if they win- they get the tie-breaker. That should prob. be good enough to secure home court throughout the East.

Denver tonight and then Charlotte to end a crazy road trip that took them from LA to Denver to Charlotte (that sucks).....

home vs. Wash--- then out to San Antonio----- @ Chicago, vs. Philly, Indy, Orlando, @ BOSTON, home and home with Atlanta--- @ Miami and then v. Toronto.

shit....between hopefully continuing to rest LeBron and KI and Love---- id say- if they win that boston game- if they go 8-5 down the stretch they should be fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
part of the problem with the resting is that there is just not much motivation to lock in the highest seed.

If seeding mattered more- and there were less teams making the playoffs- it would be different. I think thats part of the problem.

there is just so little motivation to put the pedal to the metal and try and win every single game. The incentives are just not there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal is to have Waiters back before the end of the season so I would expect him back by then.
itll be interesting to see who is/isnt resting those last 3 games

potentially that is a bitch of a final 3 games for the HEat---- but you gotta think that the Cavs will be resting there guys--- esp. since that Miami game is- a 2nd night of a back to back on the road---- and i mean- if the Wiz have a brain i gotta think unless that game matters- they rest Beale and Wall at least one of those games.

now- thats the thing- if the league had any brains- they would not scedhule teams for national TV on nights when they are playing the 2nd night of back to backs on the road- or playing 4 games in 5 nights or whatever. I would think that would help.

I mean- i get it- the league LOVES having the Cavs on national TV- but if they were only on national TV 15 times instead of 20 times- would that be the worst thing?

The Warriors will appear the most on national TV

actually- correction- CAvs are on national tv 25 times.......its no wonder ONE of those times- they wanted to rest LeBron and Kyrie and Love were held out because of injury concerns.

would it be the worst thing if the Cavs were only on national tv 20 times? and you gave some other teams a little bit more of an opportunity? I realize the league loves having LeBron and KI on national tv- 2 of the most marketable players in the game- and funnest players to watch- but geez.....would it kill us to see Giannis an extra time or two?

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight can be a good night for Miami.

Milwaukee playing the red hot Blazers and Detroit is in Brooklyn which is no longer a lock since Lin came back

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogdon under pressure against a tough opponent falls back to earth- what a surprise. When the Wizards traded for him- were they in 3rd place?

still in 3rd- still losing to the Celtics- such an eay string of games there for a while---- Orlando, Phoeni, Denver, Sac, Portland, Mini, Dallas, chicago, Charlotte.......no wonder they were playing well.----even there "tough games"--- GSW without Durant, Toronto without Lowry...talk about a team that has had a cupcake schedule since the trade deadline- that is ridiculous!! lol.

now against Boston- ?? loss. 0/5 from three.

Its why i still have Boston above Washington- Washigton just has no above average NBA players outside of of course- Beale and Wall- who are great, Porter who is very good----- and then Gortat and Morris are solid NBA starters.

just about everyone else? take em or leave em- basically replacement level guys.

it makes an interesting matchup as Boston has so much depth- but no 2 guys as good as Wall or Beale---- but you just cant have zero bench in the NBA playoffs.

I really hope John Wall and Beale take zero time off and have no rest going into the playoffs. The "tough" guys can show what they are made out. Would be shocked if they make it past Boston at this point.

Didn't the Wiz win 4 in a row on a West Coast trip?
Not many teams do that.

Anyway, hopefully Wiz are locked in at 3 by the last few games so Heat get to finish last 3 vs tank teams.

Is our bet official now?

Status
Not open for further replies.