• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess he doesn't need rest
ehhh......yah...i dont necesarily like that his streak has kind of become a thing of his own- but it is what it is- he seems like he can handle it.

i remember Eric Wedge road Grady Sizemore into the ground over a 3-4 year period and he was never the same afterwards- now- TT is built a lot diff. than Sizemore- but i will always remember Sizemore's amazing talent and what could have been- and always suspect that Wedge's propensity to never rest the guy added to the fact that his career was seriously cut short. One of my favorite Indians ever. I dont want ot see the same happen to Tristan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a tremendous offensive player. Tell me something I don't know lol
Dragic actually has made an All-NBA team in his career- once with the Suns a few years ago. I gotta say- guy is playing if- not the bestb all of his career right up there.

Point guards that are as efficient as he is are very rare. You just dont see guards shooting 48% from the field and 40% from 3 too often. He is taking 4 3's a game- which is a decent amount- (just for comparison sake- KI is shooting 6.3 per game). Both have shooting efficiencies that are practically the same...Kyrie at .537, Dragic at .535 ---KI has a little bitter A/T ratio as well- though pretty colose.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious...

only WiggityWack would use last night's game to troll Kyrie rather than address the Cavs defensive issues...:laugh3:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hilarious...

only WiggityWack would use last night's game to troll Kyrie rather than address the Cavs defensive issues...:laugh3:
i dunno....shooting 72% and scoring 46 points on 21 shots i thought was at least fairly impressive. lol.

id be willing to bet there havent been to many games this year where a guy got at least 46 points on such a limited number of shots. Thats why Kyrie will be chosen as one of the 6 best guards in the league this year and make an ALL NBA team. --- games like last night.

I gotta say- Russell played a very good game too- its good to see the Lakers can show some life once in a while even if they are mired in a streak of losing 12 of their last 13.

only by the grace of Kyrie's unbelievable game and his ability to not be stopped did the Cavs escape the upset---- Lakers with only 5 turnovers the entire game is a great number for a young team. Good to see that the Cavs can double the turnovers of the other team, shoot a lower % from 3, and still win- no matter who its against- usually those are the type of games they blow- when the other team outshoots them from 3 and commits half the turnovers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id be willing to bet there havent been to many games this year where a guy got at least 46 points on such a limited number of shots. Thats why Kyrie will be chosen as one of the 6 best guards in the league this year and make an ALL NBA team. --- games like last night.

Well Dame had 49 last night on 21 shots

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was interesting to see Russell do so much damage from the SG position--- if the Lakers are in position to draft a PG- it makes it more palatable to move him to the SG spot. Maybe his better position would be shooting guard in the long term.

Role switch helps spark D'Angelo Russell's career-high scoring outburst

"Throughout another ugly rebuilding campaign, the Lakers and their fans are buoyed by the occasional highlight-filled performance from their promising young players, as such evenings appear to foreshadow a better future, a crack of light in the current darkness.

Drilling down to the bedrock of Russell's success against Cleveland, though, reveals that much of his damage came via a shift in job title -- from point guard to shooting guard.

"I feel like when you're playing shooting guard, you've got to score the ball or make plays for your teammates," Russell said. "Playing the point guard, it's harder to do that, be aggressive, try to score the ball every time, because you've got to make at least one pass. But figuring it out, whatever position I'm in, I'm going to try to make the best of it."'

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Dame had 49 last night on 21 shots
Waiters sitting out appears like its going to be an issue.

I know Spoelstra likes to start McGruder and Babbit- even though they get limited minutes- and bring Johnson and Johnson off the bench (who get the real "starters" minutes), but with Dion out i gotta think he might have to rethink that.

good news is Charlotte is effectively out of it at this point- and Chicago is screwed after trading Gibson and Wade going down. Heat just have to really pass one out of Detroit, Milwaukee or Indy if they want to make the playoffs.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i saw that--- him and nurkic kind of lit you guys up....portlands bench didn't do much of anything.

Yeah Nurkic made Reed his bitch last night when Whiteside got into foul trouble in the 2nd half.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiters sitting out appears like its going to be an issue.

I know Spoelstra likes to start McGruder and Babbit- even though they get limited minutes- and bring Johnson and Johnson off the bench (who get the real "starters" minutes), but with Dion out i gotta think he might have to rethink that.

good news is Charlotte is effectively out of it at this point- and Chicago is screwed after trading Gibson and Wade going down. Heat just have to really pass one out of Detroit, Milwaukee or Indy if they want to make the playoffs.

Yeah will be an issue. Richardson will need to step up. As I said before, making the playoffs got much more challenging with Waiters out at least two weeks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah will be an issue. Richardson will need to step up. As I said before, making the playoffs got much more challenging with Waiters out at least two weeks.
so- i think we can pretty much rule out Charlotte making up so much ground- and the Bulls without Gibson and Wade- i think its fair to say you can stick a fork in them

so- we have 4 teams for the last 3 spots in the East- Indiana, Detroit, Milwaukee and Miami- seperated by 1.5 games.

Pistons remaining schedule: @ Brooklyn, @ Chicago, @ Orlando, @ Knicks, vs. Miami, vs. Brooklyn, @ Milwauee, vs. Toronto, @Houston, @ Memphis, vs. Wash, @Orlando Eagles

Heat remaining scheudle: Phoenix, Toronto, @ Boston, @ Detroit, @ Knicks, Knicks, Denver, @charlotte, @ toronto, @ Wash, vs. Clev, vs. WAsh

Bucks remaining schedule: @ Port, @ Sac, Atlanta, Chicago, @ Charlotte, @ Boston, Detroit, @OKC, @ Indy, @ Philly, Charlotte, Boston

Indy: Utah, @ Boston, Denver, Philly, Minne, @memphis, @ Tor., @ Clev, Toronto, Milwaukee, @ Orlando, @ Philly, Altanta

i dunno....those all seem fairly even- Pistons on the road a lot- but not that difficult....some huge games.....Heat vs. Pistons.....Indy at home a lot.....should be interesting.

What team steps up? and what team out of those 4 is left out? should be fun to watch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the wrong thread but I don't care...

dook lost!:yes: dook lost!:thumb: dook lost!:hammer:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat and Indy each have games against Cleveland.....Heat 2nd last game of the season- might luck out on that one and see Bron and KI sit out again....Indy with some tough games still- utah, boston, toronto, memphis, cleveland, toronto, ......

should be interesting....

Status
Not open for further replies.