• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-17 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does realize where all of that money he's being paid to win a championship comes from, right? Your post just shows how stupid he really is. He's also a fucking liar since both Kyrie and Love could have played.
"could have" and "should have" are 2 VERY VERY different things

"could have" KEvin Love played- less than 5 weeks coming off surgery that was predicated to keep him out 6 weeks? sure--- should he have? of course not

could have Kyrie Irving played after sitting out the 4th qtr the other night with knee issues?--the same guy that missed the Finals 2 years ago with knee issues?---- sure- should he have? of course not- but only if you have a brain.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. It's nice to have a star quality player who can do that when necessary. But overall, it's a far better brand of basketball when players are all working to get anyone on the team the best available shot, rather than waiting for 1 or 2 guys to get their own shot.

You sound like a Warriors fan.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I mean, it's stupid," Lue said Sunday when asked about the league's reaction. "Kyrie didn't come back the game before, knee soreness, Kevin just had his first game back, we needed two days in between each game. It's OK, though, whatever. It's stupid."

Irving pointed to San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich's experience with the tactic normalizing the practice for the rest of the league.

"Honestly this has been a topic probably for the entire season," Irving said. "It's coming into light more or less when Pop did it for four years running resting his guys. I can't stress enough how important rest is. You've got veterans who have come before us who play 82 games that have their opinions and we're just in a different time now. The smart way of taking care of your body and understanding what the important goal is at the end of the season -- it's at the forefront of our minds. We're playing for a championship run, playoff run."

Irving also defended the Cavs' decision, pointing to the busy part of Cleveland's season when it occurred.

"This is our sixth game in eight days and I don't think anyone realized that," he said, miscalculating slightly as it was their sixth game in nine days. "We're not here to complain about it, but honestly playing basketball six games in eight days is a lot. But we prepare our bodies for it and I don't have any ill will toward the NBA being disappointed, or the fans because I totally understand. And then from the flip side of being a professional athlete, I understand my point of view and it's going to outweigh anything."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs down 11 in the 4th.....but then Kyrie Irving does what he does best----- shreds the opposing defense and steps up in crunch time.

Kyrie 15/21 from the field, 10/10 from the free throw line, 6/10 from 3. now that is what you call a hot shooting night- though Russell was ALMOST as hot as he was.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs down 11 in the 4th.....but then Kyrie Irving does what he does best----- shreds the opposing defense and steps up in crunch time.

Kyrie 15/21 from the field, 10/10 from the free throw line, 6/10 from 3. now that is what you call a hot shooting night- though Russell was ALMOST as hot as he was.

You're really here excited about a win over the freaking Lakers who are clearly tanking?

The fact that the Cavs were down 11 in the 4th last night to that team is pretty embarrassing

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? @CitySushi @Montalban

The Warriors organization cracks me up. WTF would the Thunder do that? I don't remember the Heat bitching about the Cavs organization with the way LBJ was treated in his first game back in Cleveland. This is hilarious.

The Golden State Warriors organization was furious and bewildered about the inactivity from Oklahoma City Thunder leadership leading up to that first Durant return contest on Feb. 11, league sources told ESPN.

Sources say the Warriors were of the mindset that someone from ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return.

The feeling is that Durant should have been acknowledged or thanked, in a news conference setting, for his nine years of excellent service.

:L:L:L

Sources: KD's treatment in OKC upset Warriors

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Warriors organization cracks me up. WTF would the Thunder do that? I don't remember the Heat bitching about the Cavs organization with the way LBJ was treated in his first game back in Cleveland. This is hilarious.

The Golden State Warriors organization was furious and bewildered about the inactivity from Oklahoma City Thunder leadership leading up to that first Durant return contest on Feb. 11, league sources told ESPN.

Sources say the Warriors were of the mindset that someone from ownership or management should have addressed the media on Durant's behalf to help ease the tension upon his return.

The feeling is that Durant should have been acknowledged or thanked, in a news conference setting, for his nine years of excellent service.

Yeah they sound like pussies on this one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really here excited about a win over the freaking Lakers who are clearly tanking?

The fact that the Cavs were down 11 in the 4th last night to that team is pretty embarrassing
Are there 5 better offensive players in basketball better than Kyrie? I dunno.....if there are- that arent many more than that. 46 points on 21 shots is freaking ridiculous. RW would kill to have a night like that. 46 points on 21 shots is kind of unheard of lol.

and gotta say- looking at some stats- your boy Dragic- after sucking ass shooting the 3 last year- is up over 40% this year...thats huge. 48.1% from the field, 41.1% from 3 is freaking elite stuff. He is only at 20.3 points (compared to KI at 25.5- 10th in the league- Cavs are only team in the league with 2 top 10 scorers that have played with their teams the entire year). But Dragic is having a damn good year....hes not gonna be all nba since only 6 guards make it, but id have him in my top 12.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is also the team that cried about Shaqtin a Fool- and whined to TNT to make them stop. At this point- no amount of shameless whining from the Warriors surprises me.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there 5 better offensive players in basketball better than Kyrie? I dunno.....if there are- that arent many more than that. 46 points on 21 shots is freaking ridiculous. RW would kill to have a night like that. 46 points on 21 shots is kind of unheard of lol.

and gotta say- looking at some stats- your boy Dragic- after sucking ass shooting the 3 last year- is up over 40% this year...thats huge. 48.1% from the field, 41.1% from 3 is freaking elite stuff. He is only at 20.3 points (compared to KI at 25.5- 10th in the league- Cavs are only team in the league with 2 top 10 scorers that have played with their teams the entire year). But Dragic is having a damn good year....hes not gonna be all nba since only 6 guards make it, but id have him in my top 12.

Kyrie is a tremendous offensive player. Tell me something I don't know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.