• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 49ers

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to do a 53 man roster since the draft is over. It was definitely tough deciding who would make the roster. The players I had a hard time cutting were Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Garrett Celek, Joe Looney, Lawrence Okoye, Shayne Skov, Nick Bellore, Craig Dahl and LJ McCray.

2 QBs - Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert
4 RBs - Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush, Kendall Hunter, Mike Davis
1 FB - Bruce Miller
5 WRs - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton, Jerome Simpson
4 TEs - Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Derrick Carrier, Blake Bell
8 O-Line - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin, Brandon Thomas, Erik Pears, Trenton Brown

7 D-Line - Tank Carradine, Darnell Dockett, Arik Armstead, Glenn Dorsey, Ian Williams, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Quinton Dial
9 LBs - Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Wilhoite, Eli Harold, Philip Wheeler, Corey Lemonier, Nick Moody
6 CBs - Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Shareece Wright, Chris Cook, Keith Reaser, Kenneth Acker
4 S - Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea, Jimmie Ward, Jaquiski Tartt

2 SPs - Phil Dawson, Andy Lee
1 LS - Kyle Nelson

IR - DeAndre Smelter, Chase Thomas

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Completely underwhelmed by this year's draft. A bust last year except for Aaron Lynch, and looks like another bust this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to do a 53 man roster since the draft is over. It was definitely tough deciding who would make the roster. The players I had a hard time cutting were Jarryd Hayne, Trey Millard, Garrett Celek, Joe Looney, Lawrence Okoye, Shayne Skov, Nick Bellore, Craig Dahl and LJ McCray.

1 FB - Bruce Miller
5 WRs - Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton, Jerome Simpson
8 O-Line - Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Alex Boone, Daniel Kilgore, Marcus Martin, Brandon Thomas, Erik Pears, Trenton Brown

7 D-Line - Tank Carradine, Darnell Dockett, Arik Armstead, Glenn Dorsey, Ian Williams, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Quinton Dial
9 LBs - Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Michael Wilhoite, Eli Harold, Philip Wheeler, Corey Lemonier, Nick Moody
6 CBs - Tramaine Brock, Dontae Johnson, Shareece Wright, Chris Cook, Keith Reaser, Kenneth Acker

1 LS - Kyle Nelson

1 FB - Bruce Miller

1 LS - Kyle Nelson

Interesting. I read Smelter's rehab is coming along well and might not need to be put on IR. You think he is going to be an IR stash? I hope not. I know he isn't likely to play in games but if healthly enough it would be nice to see him on the practice field. He has a lot to learn.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Completely underwhelmed by this year's draft. A bust last year except for Aaron Lynch, and looks like another bust this year.

There is no way to say everyone except for Lynch was a bust. Borland was a great pick and turned out well. He decided to retire. Carlos Hyde is no bust. He looked promising in limited action last year and this year he will take over for Gore. Most of the other players were redshirted except for Marcus Martin who was thrown into the fire due to injury. He struggled at times but that would not be unexpected given the circumstances. A number of those players should be given more prominent roles this season and we will then begin to get an idea how they turn out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way to say everyone except for Lynch was a bust. Borland was a great pick and turned out well. He decided to retire. Carlos Hyde is no bust. He looked promising in limited action last year and this year he will take over for Gore. Most of the other players were redshirted except for Marcus Martin who was thrown into the fire due to injury. He struggled at times but that would not be unexpected given the circumstances. A number of those players should be given more prominent roles this season and we will then begin to get an idea how they turn out.
No. He turned out to be a quitter and is a complete bust of a pick since he is no longer of any value. Perhaps Hyde will pan out; I'll give you that. Lynch was a great pick.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the CB's pan out and Hyde is not a huge drop off from Gore and if Kaep puts it together the roster is solid enough to make the playoffs still. We have a lot of depth at most positions still and could be a lot better offense potentially.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 FB - Bruce Miller

1 LS - Kyle Nelson

I still wouldn't be shocked to see Brooks traded or even cut before the season starts if they can find a better use for his salary cap hit especially after signing Wheeler and drafting Harold.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I read Smelter's rehab is coming along well and might not need to be put on IR. You think he is going to be an IR stash? I hope not. I know he isn't likely to play in games but if healthly enough it would be nice to see him on the practice field. He has a lot to learn.

I saw where they said his recovery was coming along good but he did tear his ACL in December. Everyone heals differently but I wouldn't expect him to be ready week 1. I was thinking maybe he would be ready around week 7.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still wouldn't be shocked to see Brooks traded or even cut before the season starts if they can find a better use for his salary cap hit especially after signing Wheeler and drafting Harold.

I could still see us cutting/trading Brooks or even Lemonier.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He turned out to be a quitter and is a complete bust of a pick since he is no longer of any value. Perhaps Hyde will pan out; I'll give you that. Lynch was a great pick.

I can't blame the front office for Boreland. No one saw that coming and he turned out to be a great player. The players to watch this year are Marcus Martin and especially Brandon Thomas. Thomas was considered by many to be a 2nd round pick before getting injured. He seems to be coming back strong from the injury and is considered a front runner to replace Iupati. If he can consistently pass block, that would be an improvement over Iupati.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 FB - Bruce Miller

1 LS - Kyle Nelson

Looking at the D-line and not seeing J Smith. You thinking he will retire before the season starts?

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for Keith Reaser, he has a lot of potential to be big time corner for us. And i think Tank gonna have a break out year for us. I love our roster we have a great team and gonna surprise a lot people

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the D-line and not seeing J Smith. You thinking he will retire before the season starts?

I do think Justin will retire but I would love for him to comeback. I would prolly cut Lemonier if Justin decided to play one more year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out for Keith Reaser, he has a lot of potential to be big time corner for us. And i think Tank gonna have a break out year for us. I love our roster we have a great team and gonna surprise a lot people

Aker looked good in preseason last year. I know it is only preseason, but still. I am looking forward to seeing what both Aker and Reaser can do this year. Donate Johnson will also have a year under his belt. Definately one of several stories I will be watching this coming season. Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Tank Carradine, Dial, and Kaepernick are some of the players I am interested in seeing this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

1 FB - Bruce Miller

1 LS - Kyle Nelson

No Pinion? It would be a pretty big upset for a 5th round punter not to make the roster. I don't think Lemonier makes the roster unless he seriously turns things around. And in that case, Brooks might get the boot even after we've picked up his $1 million roster bonus.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemonier = Todd Kelly. Long time 49er fans might remember him

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Figured I'd take a shot:

QB (2)
Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert

Let's hope we don't have to see how Gabbert is progressing. I actually kind of like Gabbert as a backup; I think he's got Alex Smith potential if he can get his head in it. That would be an ideal situation for a guy on the bench. All the same, I'd just as soon not find out.

RB (5)
Carlos Hyde, Reggie Bush, Kendall Hunter, Mike Davis, Bruce Miller (FB)

No real mystery here. I'd like to see Hunter finally get back to it. I've always like him. Miller's legal difficulties seems to be blowing over. I would like to keep Millard on the roster, but we're too hard up for spots right now, and have a ton of TEs now.

WR (5)
Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Bruce Ellington, Quinton Patton, DeAndre Smelter

Smelter might start our on the PUP. Not sure who would take his spot. We go light here as we don't really have much talent at the spot. We make up for that with depth at...

TE (4)
Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald, Derek Carrier, Blake Bell

No real surprises here, other than the numbers. I don't expect Davis back after 2015 unless he really rebounds. Not ready to give up on Vance at this time, particularly as he's been effective as a blocker. Bell is raw, but he's got big potential. And you don't put fourth rounders on the PS and expect to keep them.

OL (8)
Joe Staley, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Alex Boone, Anthony Davis, Daniel Kilgore, Erik Pears, Ian Silberman

A little light at this spot, but eight is about right. Looney walks this year. I keep Silberman because they picked him higher and because I think he's very slightly better-suited for OT if push came to shove. Brown goes to the PS.

DL (7)
Darnell Dockett, Ian Williams, Glenn Dorsey, Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Arik Armstead

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to assume Justin Smith is done. This group is pretty straightforward. MAYBE we keep eight here, but since we play a lot of fronts with just two of these guys on the field, that would be heavy unless Smith returns.

LB (9)
Navorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Michael Wilhoite, Aaron Lynch, Ahmad Brooks, Eli Harold, Philip Wheeler, Nick Bellore, Nick Moody

I go heavy, but these guys are our core STs players. Harold bumps Lemonier (though I'd love to see Lemonier and Harold claim a spot and bump Brooks). Wheeler and Bishop are a toss-up. I think we keep one. Bellore nabs a spot as a STs ace, as does Moody, who has more potential in coverage than others even though he was iffy in terms of assignments and tackling last year. Skov could take Moody's place if he can play a bit faster.

CB (6)
Tramaine Brock, Shareece Wright, Dontae Johnson, Jimmie Ward, Chris Cook, Kenneth Acker

Some touch calls here. They gave Cook enough money that I think he makes it. I went with Acker over Reaser based on his preseason play last year, but Reaser might have the better physical tools. Back end of this competition is muddled.

S (4)
Eric Reid, Antoine Bethea, Jaquiski Tartt, LJ McCray

McCray and Tartt are a bit similar, but Dahl just isn't that good. I think the younger player beats him out.

STs (3)

K - Phil Dawson
P - Brad Pinion
LS - Kyle Nelson

PS

RB Jarryd Hayne – why not give him a shot to see if he can develop into something?
FB Trey Millard – I like him as a move FB/TE, but no room for him right now
WR Dres Anderson – one of the more highly regarded UDFA, and at a position of need
TE Busta Anderson – has the athleticism to help replace Davis next in 2016
OL Trenton Brown – project with some upside
DL Lawrence Okoye – give the Great Brit one more year to show something
NT Michael Purcell – looked anywhere from okay to terrible last year; we need depth for next year
CB Keith Reaser – if he doesn’t make the 53, he can come back from injury on the PS
LB Shayne Skov – if he doesn’t make the 53, he can wait for a shot on the PS
Other WR, TBD

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Bowman will be ready. WR concerns me at the moment as well as CB. No love for Andy as the P. Crimson? I was hoping for a long term K, but never had in mind a replacement Punter. The TE issue will play out soon enough I think with VD on the downside.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Bowman will be ready. WR concerns me at the moment as well as CB. No love for Andy as the P. Crimson? I was hoping for a long term K, but never had in mind a replacement Punter. The TE issue will play out soon enough I think with VD on the downside.

Apparently from what I've read, the drafting of a punter was in part a cost cutting move. If the punter drafted works out, he will come much cheaper than Andy who is making $2 million per year/