• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NFL Hall of Fame ....... Who Gets In??

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not called the Hall of Great Personalitit's either. In no fan of T.O. but talant wise he's amongst the best in NFL history, he's was snubbed, and deserves to be in.
I disagree. He was so talented yet teams couldn't wait to get rid of him. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Bengals were all better the first season without him than they were the last season he played for them. The Eagles got so sick of him they paid him to not play for 5 games, and that was after they suspended him for 4 games.

The Hall of Fame is about more than just putting up great numbers. T.O. does not belong in the Hall of Fame.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He was so talented yet teams couldn't wait to get rid of him. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Bengals were all better the first season without him than they were the last season he played for them. The Eagles got so sick of him they paid him to not play for 5 games, and that was after they suspended him for 4 games.

The Hall of Fame is about more than just putting up great numbers. T.O. does not belong in the Hall of Fame.
I really don't like TO, but I will forever grade my HOF decisions by the talent a player has on the field, not off of it.
We can disagree, I'm OK with that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes he wore out his welcome and usually the last season with him was where his on the field and off the field antics lead to a team wanting to get rid of him. That 1st and 2nd year with him for a lot of teams though was magical. And like I said if you are going to keep him out because of teams not wanting him then you have to keep Randy Moss out too. Teams couldn't wait to get rid of him. Heck even the Patriots grew tired of him even after some of the great seasons he provided.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like TO, but I will forever grade my HOF decisions by the talent a player has on the field, not off of it.
We can disagree, I'm OK with that.
It wasn't just off field stuff with TO, that's the problem. He became so volatile he destroyed teams.

I'm fine with disagreeing, too. In fact, I wouldn't really have a problem if TO did get in, as I see the merits of putting him there. I wouldn't vote for him, though. What bothers me (and I'm not accusing you of this, just making a general observation) are those that refuse to look at anything other than his numbers and conclude that he was snubbed. I think there are solid arguments on both sides.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he wore out his welcome and usually the last season with him was where his on the field and off the field antics lead to a team wanting to get rid of him. That 1st and 2nd year with him for a lot of teams though was magical. And like I said if you are going to keep him out because of teams not wanting him then you have to keep Randy Moss out too. Teams couldn't wait to get rid of him. Heck even the Patriots grew tired of him even after some of the great seasons he provided.
I would put Moss in the HoF over TO. I think there's a couple of key differences that tips the scales to Moss for me. First of all, although TO was more consistently great, Moss had a much higher peak. Moss was a big part of two different teams that set the record for highest scoring team of all time. He set a rookie record with 17 touchdowns, and has the NFL record for most receiving touchdowns in a season with 22.

Also, I don't think Moss's off field behavior contributed to teams moving on from him as much as it did for TO. When Minnesota traded him, he was coming off an injury plagued season and there were concerns that he was breaking down. He put together two pretty weak seasons in Oakland, but of course the Raiders were an absolute mess and a disaster at qb. When the Patriots dumped him, it was a pretty classic Belichick move to get something for a veteran player who is just about to drop off. I think Belichick knew they weren't going to re-sign him the next year so they should move on.

Although he moved around a lot, it was never strictly behavioral issues like it was with TO. It was more, he's getting some injuries plus he's a bit of a distraction, maybe it's time we move on to someone else. With TO, it was yes this guy is still producing like crazy but he's destroying our locker room, we need to dump this cancer. I don't know, that's the difference I see anyway.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these guys are walk-in HOFers that can't really be argued with. Imo, the HOF locks are:
Alan Faneca
Steve Atwater
Morten Anderson

OTOH, there are a few others that I think should get in, but they come with some questions:
Terrell Owens - dominant player on multiple teams, but a locker room cancer.
LaDanian Tomlinson - over 10 years, he averaged 1,300 rushing yards per season. Insane.

I could see Paul Tagliabue making it as a contributor. As much as I hate Dallas, I could see Jerry Jones getting in as a contributor--not as a GM (LMAO), but as a person that helped grow the NFL and change the way the owners did business.

Some of these others are a much closer call for me:
Joe Jacoby – Should've gotten in before Grimm, but Grimm (like Jerome Bettis) got more facetime on tv after his playing days, so he got an undeserved level of attention

Kurt Warner - I don't think he'd be a HOFer imo if it weren't for his time in AZ. The fact that he won 2 league MVPs and 3 PBs in St.Louis is great, but it's also short. A few years later, he's a backup, then an MVP candidate on another team that he takes to the SB.

John Lynch – he'll get in, but not sure when.

Roger Craig – the first major dual-threat RB I can remember. 3 SBs. Made the PB as both a RB and a FB. For 7 years, he averaged 1,552 yards combined (rushing/receiving) pers season. In 85, became the first RB in history to have more than 1K rushing and more than 1K receiving in the same season.

Boselli – he's the Terell Davis of O-linemen. Dominant but for a rather short period of time.