• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers 2015 offseason

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok right now we are at about 5 million under the salary cap with the roll over from last year. But the projected 2015 salary is only at 140 million and it sounds like it might go into the high 140s. If the 49ers play their cards right we could have about 30+ million in cap space to sign our own and bring in new FA. Justin Smith is gonna retire which will save the team over 4 million. If we cut Dahl, Jonathan Martin or trade/cut Brooks that could save the team another 10 million. Aldon is due 9.7 million and if we sign him to a long term deal it could save the team millions. Plus we could restructure/extend contracts with Willis, VD, etc. to save the team millions.

Our D-Line is gonna look pretty weak with Justin retiring and we cut McDonald. Tank actually looked good to end the season tho and im not sure why we didnt see him more during the season. I would guess Tank is a lock to start in the 2015 season. So right now we have Tank, Dorsey, Williams and Dial on the D-Line cuz I doubt Ramsey or Purcell make the 53 man roster. I feel we should resign TJE to give us a little depth on the D-Line. Also I would like to bring in a big name FA in the offseason maybe Suh or a veteran player who doesnt cost as much as Suh. I know signing Suh would give us way to many nose tackles with Dorsey and Williams already on the team. But I was thinking we could move Dorsey back to DE and have Tank, Suh, Dorsey as our starting D-Line and have Williams, TJE, Dial for depth. Either way we have to address the D-Line thru FA and early in the 2015 draft.

I love our core of LBs if we can stay healthy. Like I said above I think we should cut/trade Brooks. To me Lynch has played better and he cost a lot less. Aldon, Willis, Bowman, Lynch sounds pretty good. 49ers should resign Wilhoite and Skuta to give us depth to go with Borland, Lemonier and Moody. These 9 LBs would give us enough depth at the position and we dont need to address it in the offseason.

Now our DBs is the spot we need to address the most in this offseason. Bringing back Cox is a must and im on the fence about resigning Culliver. Some big names out there at CB Revis and Tramon Williams just to name a few. Think we need to add a few CBs in FA and this should be the position we go after in the 1st round. Maybe PJ Williams from FSU or Trae Waynes from MSU. Another CB I like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon was projected to be a 1st round pick but torn his ACL so now it sounds like he is about a 4th round draft pick and we love drafting players who get injured that could end up being steals.

On the O-Line I would like to bring back Iupati but he is prolly gonna wanna be one of the highest paid guards in the NFL and im afraid we wont be able to afford it. If he does leave we could find a reasonable veteran FA to sign instead.

At RB I would love to bring Gore back for 1-2 years at 2-3 million a year. Even with bringing Gore back to go with Hyde and Hunter we need to draft a RB. Mike Davis for SC and Jay Ajayi from Boise State are 2 RBs I like who are projected to go around the 3rd or 4th round.

I believe WR is our 2nd biggest need on this team behind CB. If we decide we dont wanna bring Crabtree back there are big name WRs out there with speed I would love to sign. Maclin and Cobb are 2 WRs who will be FA that I believe 49ers should really look at signing. Also Stevie is due just over 6 million and none of it is guaranteed. We could cut him and owe him nothing. We could use that money to bring in a big name or even offer Crabtree a deal around say 6 million a year. We had to draft a WR and CB in the 1st 2 rounds.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope other teams get scared off of Todd Gurley's injury and he falls right into our laps on Draft day. All we need then is someone to give us some outside speed to go with Vernon's inside speed and a good playaction playcaller. I'd re-sign Iupati as well.

I know most will say we don't need a running back but Gurley + Hyde would make life easy on Kaep for years to come. And it's very unlikely the team will want to give Gore a long term extension. If he's not back you're down to Hyde and Hunter.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, most mocks have Gurley and Gordon falling past #15 and we are a bit thin at RBI is some one were to get injured but with the position has been discounted to the 2 nd or 3 rd these days. I hear what you're saying though . I for one would like them to re sign iupati also. He's important for us to run the ball effectively. We also need to be looking for back up 5 tecnnique DE as we are thin there if JS,Mitch retires after T Mac was let go. I hazard to guess Dial is a backup there with TJE and Tank but quality is somewhat thin in that regard.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope other teams get scared off of Todd Gurley's injury and he falls right into our laps on Draft day. All we need then is someone to give us some outside speed to go with Vernon's inside speed and a good playaction playcaller. I'd re-sign Iupati as well.

I know most will say we don't need a running back but Gurley + Hyde would make life easy on Kaep for years to come. And it's very unlikely the team will want to give Gore a long term extension. If he's not back you're down to Hyde and Hunter.

I would love to get Gurley but I think CB, WR and DE is a bigger need than RB. Gurley being called the best RB since Jim Brown is going to put a lot of pressure on him coming out of college. People are going to expect him to be a top RB. I think Gurley will be a good NFL RB and if we did draft him in the 1st I would hope we added a CB and WR thru FA.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

Using this calculator I have the 49ers 29 million under the salary cap for the 2015 season. I traded off Brooks and cut Stevie, Justin, Dahl, Martin, Ramsey, Millard, Fonoti, Tiller, Chase, Jacobs, Cromartie, Fuller and Purcell. After that I signed Aldon to a 5 year deal worth 56 million and a 10 million signing bonus. He is due 7 million this year which saved the team almost 3 million. I signed Willis thru the 2018 season giving him 6 million this year and an avg of 8.4 million over the 4 years. I signed Davis thru the 2017 season making 5 million this year and avg 7 million over the 3 season. So now im gonna sign some of our FA and see how much money I have left.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave Iupati a 6 year deal worth 53.5 million 12 million of it was a signing bonus. I have him making 5.1 in 2015, 8.6 in 2016, 10.6 in 20017 and 2018 Still have 24 million after signing Iupati.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Gore to a 2 year deal worth 4.2 million and a 1 million signing bonus. Skuta and Wilhoite both got a 2 year deal worth 3.75 million and a 350K signing bonus. I gave Crabtree a 4 year deal worth 33 million since he had such a bad year I dont see anyone giving him 10+ million a year. Still have just under 13 million to sign Cox and Culliver.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Cox for 2.1 million and Culliver for 1.9 and then signed TJE and Cooks and still have 9 million.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed Gore to a 2 year deal worth 4.2 million and a 1 million signing bonus. Skuta and Wilhoite both got a 2 year deal worth 3.75 million and a 350K signing bonus. I gave Crabtree a 4 year deal worth 33 million since he had such a bad year I dont see anyone giving him 10+ million a year. Still have just under 13 million to sign Cox and Culliver.

I'm not criticizing or anything, but doesn't all this mean we would have basically the exact same team, except older and with less depth? (Less depth without Brooks, J.Smith, Stevie Johnson, etc).

I'm asking because while our defense when healthy can play with Seattle, our offense can't. Run O is ok, but pass O needs help. Boldin is a beast, but he's not fast enough for Seattle, Crab gets shutdown, and VD is scared of Kam (every TE is except for Antonio Gates). If we're going to give 8 mill per to Crab I rather throw money at Maclin.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would love to get Gurley but I think CB, WR and DE is a bigger need than RB. Gurley being called the best RB since Jim Brown is going to put a lot of pressure on him coming out of college. People are going to expect him to be a top RB. I think Gurley will be a good NFL RB and if we did draft him in the 1st I would hope we added a CB and WR thru FA.

agree

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not criticizing or anything, but doesn't all this mean we would have basically the exact same team, except older and with less depth? (Less depth without Brooks, J.Smith, Stevie Johnson, etc).

I'm asking because while our defense when healthy can play with Seattle, our offense can't. Run O is ok, but pass O needs help. Boldin is a beast, but he's not fast enough for Seattle, Crab gets shutdown, and VD is scared of Kam (every TE is except for Antonio Gates). If we're going to give 8 mill per to Crab I rather throw money at Maclin.

This was just going off bringing back our own players and how it would work in the salary cap. I would rather go after Maclin or Cobb at 10+ million than pay Crabtree 8. After signing Crabtree at 8 million and bringing even one back I listen we still had 9 million so we could easily let Crabtree go and cut Stevie and give Maclin or Cobb a big contract.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd trade down into early to mid first if i was targeting him. Late first if I wanted to gamble and pick up tremendous value. Usr the extra picks to address CB and WR.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above was suppose to say early to mid 20's. Sorry cant edit it now and at work.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. We have too much redundancy at WR. Crabtree, Johnson, and Boldin are similar as they are all possession type receivers but none of them stretches the field. We need more speed at WR. Hopefully either Patton or Ellington will step up next year. And I am hoping Morton is following Roman out the door.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bored and I found this mock draft that we did last year. I dont think DGB is going to come out since he transferred school to OU but it was hard to pass up a 6'6 225 WR with speed so I took him. Also no way Yeldon drops to the 4th round.

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

15: R1P15
CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
46: R2P14
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
79: R3P15
DE SHELDON DAY
NOTRE DAME
125: R4P29
RB T.J. YELDON
ALABAMA
143: R5P15
DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA
UCLA
174: R6P14
S JERMAINE WHITEHEAD
AUBURN
218: R7P26
QB CHUCKIE KEETON
UTAH STATE

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bored and I found this mock draft that we did last year. I dont think DGB is going to come out since he transferred school to OU but it was hard to pass up a 6'6 225 WR with speed so I took him. Also no way Yeldon drops to the 4th round.

Fanspeak's On the Clock NFL Mock Draft Simulator

15: R1P15
CB TRAE WAYNES
MICHIGAN STATE
46: R2P14
WR DORIAL GREEN-BECKHAM
MISSOURI
79: R3P15
DE SHELDON DAY
NOTRE DAME
125: R4P29
RB T.J. YELDON
ALABAMA
143: R5P15
DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA
UCLA
174: R6P14
S JERMAINE WHITEHEAD
AUBURN
218: R7P26
QB CHUCKIE KEETON
UTAH STATE

I think Yeldon dropping to the 4th is possible. It really all depends on when and where Gordon and Gurley get drafted as to how fast the rest of the RB's start to come off the board.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. We have too much redundancy at WR. Crabtree, Johnson, and Boldin are similar as they are all possession type receivers but none of them stretches the field. We need more speed at WR. Hopefully either Patton or Ellington will step up next year. And I am hoping Morton is following Roman out the door.

Time to find a receiver's coach who can actually develop a couple of receivers. Maybe ask the Steelers just how they seem to draft and develop receivers. I also say let Crabtree walk. I would rather have Cobb or Maclin. At least they can create separation. Patton or Ellington might be the 2nd starting WR behind Boldin if Niners do not sign one through FA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Time to find a receiver's coach who can actually develop a couple of receivers. Maybe ask the Steelers just how they seem to draft and develop receivers. I also say let Crabtree walk. I would rather have Cobb or Maclin. At least they can create separation. Patton or Ellington might be the 2nd starting WR behind Boldin if Niners do not sign one through FA.

:agree: