• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
do we figure to be contenders for Crawley? Haven't heard much about him

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to put this up LOL its a thread by the Hoos on their board. I love Oakes responce. What a bitch.

lets be honest

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lets be honest... Jamie likes to think he has all the inside slants but he dont

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only slants are his rankings. Notice how quickly he was to use 247 rankings as his argument.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to put this up LOL its a thread by the Hoos on their board. I love Oakes responce. What a bitch.

lets be honest

So in summary, they did a better job fielding a team out of their recruting class....lol. They out-recruited us despite what the rankings suggest.

VT "did a poor job of strategically managing their needs when you compare those to who they have committed".

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jamie Oakes = totally biased and not even remotely credible.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit, UVA had a commendable year and it seems that they "MIGHT" start to give us better competition in the future. We have all talked about it before, recruiting rankings are subjective. Although I personally put ALOT of emphasis on the overall talent that is recruited (that does not necessarily mean they are 4 and 5 stars, I like to think of some of them as more under-the-radar/hidden gems), coaching does has a little bit to do with success as well. Best thing Wahoo Nation (lmao...can't believe I just said that!!) could do is shut it until they start competing in the ACC...regularly. Most importantly, until they start beating us. Al Groh had top 10 recruiting rankings for years, but didnt do shit with 'em. I think London is a good coach..but lets not call him the savior yet. He is only 2 or 3 more 38 to nothings from getting ran out of town. We will see how they do this year as they take some pretty big hits on the OL and DL...

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"if we get Cross, I would certainly take our RBs over theirs"...lol lol lol!!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if we get Cross, I would certainly take our RBs over theirs"...lol lol lol!!!

Drew Harris is 6'1 215 lbs and runs a 4.47. Yea enjoy trying tackle that.

JC Coleman is one of the fastest twitch players I've ever seen. Enjoy trying to catch and find him behind the O-Line.

Kwonties lardass is going to have trouble sucking wind and Drew is just going to run over string bean Harold.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a poster on that site said that Caleb doesn't fill a position of need for us. He really has never looked at our depth chart

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Caleb didn't fill a position of need, why did they offer him?? Fact is Caleb was never interested in UVA really .. just like some players are never interested in VT .. Let them continue to look at ACC football with rose-colored glasses and taking their annual Commonwealth Cup ass-whippings. Like bro said, they've had their share of better classes and have done NOTHING with them. That may change a little but I don't see it changing much.

Speaking of UVA recruiting, for shits and gigs riddle me this

Which of their commits do we have the best chance at stealing and will we? I know that CFB plays nice (I hope Shane doesn't) .. I'd like to stick it to 'em one good time though. Looks like we'll get Deloatch over them. They're still crying about Ekanem .. Eli? Kwontie? None of the above?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the above. Nor do we want them. And I have heard Deloatch say first hand that he likes VT over UVA. This stuff about him "wanting to go to UVA" is bullshit. This is from the kid himself.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of their brilliant poster mentioned that we have "stacked" certain positions to look better with our recruiting. Last time I check, a player who signs as an RB isn't held to playing that position. How many guys have we had go from QB to WR, RB to WR, TE to OG, etc over the last few years?

I have full confidence in our recruiting, regardless of stars on whichever site. Sure, we're going to have a few busts every now and then, but so will every other team. It's the Danny Coale's that everyone else passes on and we offer that make the difference.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rock carmichael (2 stars)

danny coale (2 stars)

DJ parker (2 stars)

greg nosal (2 star TE)

andrew lanier (2 star TE)

alonzo tweedy (2 star)

eric martin (2 star)

boykin, k fuller, d hopkins (lowest 3 star possible)

all of these guys were not highly recruited yet made big impacts for us/are top on the depth chart for next season (martin)

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
rock carmichael (2 stars)

danny coale (2 stars)

DJ parker (2 stars)

greg nosal (2 star TE)

andrew lanier (2 star TE)

alonzo tweedy (2 star)

eric martin (2 star)

boykin, k fuller, d hopkins (lowest 3 star possible)

all of these guys were not highly recruited yet made big impacts for us/are top on the depth chart for next season (martin)

cody grimm?