• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do not think Willenbrock is a grayshirt candidate. I have not heard it mentioned at all.

Gotcha...I hadn't heard it either. Just threw his name out there as a possibility to grayshirt to allow him to start getting bigger and stronger before he arrives on campus.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is an older video but it gives you an idea of what kind of character Harris has.
[YOUTUBE]6uD5-gsSoKI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Do greyshirts/early enrollees count towards the 25? I thought they only count towards the 85?

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do greyshirts/early enrollees count towards the 25? I thought they only count towards the 85?

Early enrollees can be counted against their own class' 25-limit, or the preceding class's 25-limit, depending on attrition. If they're counted against the preceding class, they essentially count against the overall 85-limit. If they're counted against their current class, they will count against the 25-limit.

On grayshirts/preps, they can be counted against their current class' 25 limit, or the next class' 25 limit.

This is one of the many reasons why Dr. Ballein is so valuable to the Tech football program. He's the guy that keeps all of scholarship numbers within legal limits.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I knew that they could go either way, but I was just trying to think about it in the grand scheme of things and realized I don't have the necessary information to figure it all out.

Essentially, I was thinking about this years and last years class to figure out the numbers. We had 21 recruits last year with Aromire an EE and Alford, Lockhart, and Hall grey shirt/prep candidates. So our class could have been as small as 17, but with players transferring it helped our limit on 85. So, if Aromire was counted towards the 2010 class, then the 2011 class would be 20, assuming Alford, Lockhart, and Hall counted towards the 2011 class. If Coleman, Manning, Irick, and maybe Tookes all enrolled early then they could count to the 25 from 2011. So we would be allowed 1 more early enrollee if that scenario played out? I guess I now know why everyone praises Ballein for the job he does because that can get complicated real quick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magnus, JC, and Harris? Niice. It's like we're building an assembly line of stud RBs.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There may be something to the report of a knee injury to Harris....

Cougars' Harris commits to Virginia Tech - dailylocal.com

QUOTE:

Harris injured his left leg late in last Friday night's game against Coatesville after mishandling a handoff and getting hit low. He did not return and is not expected to play Saturday at Avon Grove.

Both Matt and Harris' father, Drew Sr., said the initial diagnosis was a deep knee contusion with possible meniscus damage, but the total extent of the injury has not yet been confirmed. Harris Sr. said his son is getting a second opinion to take every precaution. It is not yet known if Harris will return this season.

Something else I pulled from the TSL free football board...

Subject: Recruit Injury Update
Posted by: aggiehokie on Thu Sep 29 2011 10:30:37 AM
Coaching friend from Coatesville PA said Drew Harris is having surgery
today for knee injury sustained in last weeks game against Coatesville.
He was not sure if it is the meniscus or acl...

Here is to a speedy and full recovery Drew! Can't wait to see him
running in between the tackles the next several years in Lane Stadium.

Get well Drew and again welcome to VT!

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope VT didnt disappoint the recruits too much tonight. Especially the offensive guys. We need all the playmakers we can get on that side of the ball.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has great lateral movement and burst as well as speed. excited to get him

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Honestly, i think that is the first i've seen mangus, IMO he's a pretty damn impressive RB. I love his running style, A strider in the open field but has that "quick twitch" and great balance in close confines. Also seems to be hard to tackle (ran through quite a few arm tackles) and when he cuts to the hole he has this kinda lean/hop step/cut that reminds me or RW.

I know there has been a lot of talk about having Mangus in the slot but i hope he sticks @ RB.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I felt this was necessary:

couldnt find senior film this is jr

again JR highlights

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what I like about this group is how different they are. Mangus will be good at getting to the outside, Harris can definitely pound it up the middle, and JC can use his shiftiness in so many ways, including receiving and returning.

And let's not forget about Michael Holmes!

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'd be smart to use JC for more than just receiving and returning. If DW doesn't come back I bet it is Holmes starting with JC getting in the mix.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'd be smart to use JC for more than just receiving and returning. If DW doesn't come back I bet it is Holmes starting with JC getting in the mix.

Right, I was sort of assuming he would get carries, but would be a bigger factor in those other areas than our other backs (imo)