• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest on the Drew Harris situation. If you read some of the comments, it is probably a foregone conclusion at this point that he will likely NOT be a Hokie. Honestly, I think if the Harris' and VT haven't already..it may be time to move on from this and go separate ways.

Virginia Tech recruit Drew Harris is in JUCO while wading through academic issues - dailypress.com

Drew Jr -- "I'm still watching from the outside of the fishbowl, so I'm like, 'What's going on?'" said Harris Jr. regarding Tech. "What am I supposed to think at this point? Basically, it's like, 'How much do I really mean to you?' It's fine that I have fans tweeting at me saying blah, blah, blah and we want you, but what they don't understand is that it's going to come down to the coaching staff anyway.

"I just got the sense that (Tech) knew something that I didn't throughout this whole time period. It's like, 'How do you want me to act? What do you want me to do?' I'm ready to go. It's almost like they were waiting on another recruit or something."

I'm definitely ready to go, and I think Florida State recognizes that.

Drew Sr. -- "It's kind of hard for an institution to admit that they're wrong. Nobody wants to admit that they're wrong when it comes to this.

HokieNut20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Tweeted something about media always twisting words

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's more than a bit premature to talk about moving on here. Drew is still very high on VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Tweeted something about media always twisting words

Well those were direct quotes from that article, so I think he probably said it..just as it was quoted. No harm in saying what he did, he doesn't need to apologize or backtrack on the statement. He is frustrated..I get it.

I think it's more than a bit premature to talk about moving on here. Drew is still very high on VT.

Well...based on those quotes, it looks like he (and his father) is at least partially blaming VT for this happening. It has been said here many times (by people in the know) that Frank and Co. has bent over backwards trying to make it work with Drew. I am not doubting he is talented and that both parties would like for it to workout...I am just not sure it will at this point. And obviously..he is shopping around.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to stir it up here...just saying I am not sure he fits into VTs plans (or vice versa for that matter going forward.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing about those quotes indicates that he's shopping around. Being glad to have another offer is not shopping around. We hear statements like that one he made about FSU all the time from kids who are firmly committed elsewhere. Kids say nice things about schools that give them offers. Not surprising.

We know his Dad has been unhappy with VT for some time. Not news. Drew has repeatedly professed his strong commitment to VT despite his Dad's unhappiness.

I'll grant that Drew's other quotes, besides the FSU one, are a little concerning. But nothing Shane couldn't easily iron out.

Let's just let this play out and see where it goes.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The latest on the Drew Harris situation. If you read some of the comments, it is probably a foregone conclusion at this point that he will likely NOT be a Hokie. Honestly, I think if the Harris' and VT haven't already..it may be time to move on from this and go separate ways.

Virginia Tech recruit Drew Harris is in JUCO while wading through academic issues - dailypress.com

I don't know that I'd assume anything, but it's clear that he's frustrated. The fact is that the NCAA has to accept his academic work if he's going to play NCAA football ANYWHERE.

If his academic work is accepted, he can play anywhere he wants.

I don't see how he can blame VT. It's not up to them to accept his coursework. I'd like to see him get past this, but that's only possible if he can become eligible.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it VT is not an option for him anymore? After reading this, I wound't care one way or the other whether VT stayed in the loop with him, but I'd be really pissed if he ends up at FSU.

No. Through the Harris' own fault along with others....that ship sailed long ago. He will be a damn good rb for someone, but it isn't going to be at VT.

Moseph

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any new word on Drew Harris... thought he was long gone, by theres a new article on the VT Rivals site apparrently!

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We don't need any more RBs. Unless he will be an instant stud.<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harris' Third Time A Charm?: Twice, running back Drew Harris has hit a wall with getting into Virginia Tech. B... <a href="http://t.co/TYet2r8Ity">http://t.co/TYet2r8Ity</a></p>&mdash; HokieHaven.com (@Hokie_Haven) <a href="https://twitter.com/Hokie_Haven/statuses/421063519551758337">January 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, CZYHokie and our boy Evan are saying the possibility of Drew coming to VT is still there? I don't see this happening, but maybe I shouldn't completely discount it...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, CZYHokie and our boy Evan are saying the possibility of Drew coming to VT is still there? I don't see this happening, but maybe I shouldn't completely discount it...

I've never seen VT admit a student athlete who still didn't qualify after prep school. His chance is passed imo. VT has done moved on....don't think we have room for Harris now anyway.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen VT admit a student athlete who still didn't qualify after prep school. His chance is passed imo. VT has done moved on....don't think we have room for Harris now anyway.

I agree, that ship has sailed IMO. If we could take him and not have to sacrifice a scholarship (player) somewhere.. then OK I guess. I don't think he will be a Hokie either.

Besides, with Williams and McKenzie (possibly still Scott), we have a enough guys coming in.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially if we lose the FUMA guys, I would quite happily take Harris back. And it continues to sound more and more like that is a possibility. Apparently one of our coaches told a room full of boosters to expect Harris at VT in the fall. He's getting his associates degree in May, which would satisfy the ACC requirement for JUCO transfers, and leave him with 3 years to play 2. I also saw that it's looking like his appeal with the NCAA will finally be successful. If the latter is true, I wonder if that would mean he could have more than 2 years of eligibility left.

Call me very cautiously optimistic... Trying not to get my hopes up.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame it didn't work out at VT for him. Best of luck to him.