• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not to mention the fact that he plays in a league that produces TONS of talent.

I thought at first Stanford had transferred from Duluth to MLKJr to play better competition, but both schools are in Georgia's top classification, 5A. Now I'm thinking he may have transferred to play with a better QB and team. Then again, the move may have been for family reasons. All speculation on my part at this point.

Fetti

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO, Stanford is alot more comparable to DJ Coles coming out of high school than Eddie Royal. He doesn't have near the agility of Eddie, but looks to have the straight-away speed and long strides of Coles. (And I expect Coles to have a big year next year.)

@TAE, your post a few back goes along the lines of my development beliefs. IMO, Sherman is the most underrated coach on our staff and may be one of the best developers of talent at wide reciever in the nation. Stanford looks like he has the strength to become a bookend blocker like we strive for at the WR positiion as well.

Also, DJ Parker being underrated had more to do with him playing QB in high school than anything. He would've been a much higher rated propsect at safety. (Same with Chancellor and Marcus Davis). IMO, Parker was the last FS we had that was a strength of our offense. I can't wait to get someone better in coverage at FS, since we've been exploited there the last few years. I think we'll have that solved next season. Graduating Whitley could be addition by subtraction.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw on twitter that deloatch verballed to temple....

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO, Stanford is alot more comparable to DJ Coles coming out of high school than Eddie Royal. He doesn't have near the agility of Eddie, but looks to have the straight-away speed and long strides of Coles. (And I expect Coles to have a big year next year.)

Stanford looks like he has the strength to become a bookend blocker like we strive for at the WR positiion as well.

Coles was 6'3", 198 pounds coming out of high school...that's at least an inch taller (reports vary considerably on Stanford's true height) and 28 pounds heavier than Stanford. Pretty difficult for me to believe Stanford will be a "bookend blocker" anytime soon. At 170 pounds, Stanford will need a lot of work in the weight room.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched some film of JC Coleman. I cannot wait to see him running around for us.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much weight do you guys think he will have to put on to be effective? I see him as eventually being a ray rice kind of guy, but right now I can't see him running between the tackles. With that said, I think he will see the field this year, with Holmes taking the lead.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much weight do you guys think he will have to put on to be effective? I see him as eventually being a ray rice kind of guy, but right now I can't see him running between the tackles. With that said, I think he will see the field this year, with Holmes taking the lead.

It would take him 4 years to get legs as thick as Rice's. He is more like a Darren Sproles at this point.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Rice has about 40 lbs on him right now haha, that might be a lofty goal. From everything I've seen though, he looks to be a genetic freak and I think he could put on some weight without losing speed.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RT@caneswatch: RT @mattyports: Former West Boca Raton WR Robert Lockhart has not enrolled at Miami yet. Still waiting on NCAA Clearinghouse. #Canes
A Tweet by @sgorten
2012-01-26

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interview of J.C. Shurbutt by Andy Bitter. Shurbutt answers questions about Tech's 2012 Class. Very complimentary of Coach Beamer and his heavy involvement in the evaluation of potential recruits.

J.C. Shurburtt, the National Recruiting Director for 247Sports, talks about Virginia Tech’s 2012 class

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have I said that I'm excited about J.C. Coleman? I'm excited about J.C. Coleman. Class act and freakish athlete.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a great feeling about Coleman -- that with his combination of talent, work-ethic, and most importantly, character, he will end up in the same legends category of VT alumni as one Tyrod Taylor, Danny Coale, David Wilson .. I think this kid is going to do great things

And I'm a short guy -- so I ALWAYS pull for the short guy!!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Charley Meyer from Benedictine may walk on

Courtesy of the The Key Play who got this from twitter
TKP

4.5 40
Rivals Profile

I have to say -- I think I'd like the guy

CMwhitemon10 Charley Meyer #CRZY
Frat guys are douchebags

Last edited by a moderator:

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some nice size, interesting to turn down a scholly from a FCS but the chance to play in Lane Stadium and earn a scholly at VT is hard to pass up.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meyer is a guy I was hoping was on the short list for next in line to get a scholarship offer from Tech as a WR for this class. But Stanford accepted, and it looks like Caleb will, too.

Hope Meyer walks on and earns that scholie!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
VT_Football VT Football
Don't forget fans, hokiesports.com is the place to be on Signing Day. We'll be the first to announce the new signees on the ticker.

VT_Football VT Football
Once an NLI is received & confirmed, it will be put up on the ticker with links to bios, stats, rankings and comments from Coach Cav.

VT_Football VT Football
Also, each name will be tweeted to this account, so you can follow the action online or on your mobile device!