• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Nebraska @ #6 Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it will be the first season with less than 4 losses in a long time.

At least we have that to hang our hat on.

The Outback Bowl is still out there for the taking!

I'm not so sure bout that, Riley and crew can hang a L on the team at any time, Minny has a lot to play for they control their position and Iowa can beat Huskers. If Tommy is not playing, 2 loses are very possible

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say, I don't understand. I know the lines are decimmated but for all appearances we were two different teams between last week and this week. And I can not accept that Wisconsin is some shit team and Ohio State is the 85 Bears.
These are just two examples, but not limited to. Utters guy isn't where he's supposed to be and it's chaos for him

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats just a lack of coaching technique there.
It certainly could, but 9 games in for a Sr and compounded by the other 3 walk-ons on the OL, I count Knevel as one, just illustrates how it could possibly have gone that bad

Edit, Conrad was at RT, but it's no different with Knevel, Ive watched them both get pancaked numerous times, knevel was a fucking hockey player too wtf

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching olinemen requires coaching great technique footwork and hand placement is everything you must demand perfection and only perfection without perfection you have nothing. What you have in those two plays is neither it's horrible line play. Cav got to demand perfection and if he not its unacceptable.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my question about Tommy.

He obviously wasn't concussed or they wouldn't have released him to make the dramatic re-entrance and run across the field in his scrubs, and he wouldn't have been all fired up and grabbing face masks and trying to get guys pumped up.

So he blacked out for a second when he hit the ground is what I understand and that was the extent of it.

Why won't he be playing this week?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to say, I don't understand. I know the lines are decimmated but for all appearances we were two different teams between last week and this week. And I can not accept that Wisconsin is some shit team and Ohio State is the 85 Bears.
Wisconsin isn't a shit team, but OSU was not the team they had been in the preceding weeks. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game so I don't know how it looked on TV but they flat-out out athleted us. I have honestly never seen anything like that before. Nobody outside of Alabama was beating them last night, and most outside the top 5 would have gotten blown out.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin isn't a shit team, but OSU was not the team they had been in the preceding weeks. I haven't had a chance to rewatch the game so I don't know how it looked on TV but they flat-out out athleted us. I have honestly never seen anything like that before. Nobody outside of Alabama was beating them last night, and most outside the top 5 would have gotten blown out.

Our staff was pretty quick to admit after the game that the game plan wasn't good and the adjustments were even worse.

We could have put a couple NFL LBs out there and it wasn't gonna make a difference. We were beat everywhere.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He obviously wasn't concussed or they wouldn't have released him to make the dramatic re-entrance and run across the field in his scrubs, and he wouldn't have been all fired up and grabbing face masks and trying to get guys pumped up.

So he blacked out for a second when he hit the ground is what I understand and that was the extent of it.

Is this rhetorical or is this being reported as such

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have stated it's highly unlikely he won't be playing.

I just think it's silly as fuck if he doesn't play because he blacked out.
Ok. Unless the Dr forces him to sit that kid will want to play, next to last home game for him coming up. The rest of the team better chin up for him too with the heart that guy plays with

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

OSU is a very good team, but Nebraska and their coaches made OSU look better than they are. It was a combination of Nebraska not being prepared to play, OSU having better players, and their coaching staff just plain running rings around our coaching staff. We saw great evidence as to why Riley and his staff had so many losing seasons at Oregon State. Like Urban said after the Northwestern game, that they had a young team, so be prepared for another beatdown by them, and another outmaneuvering by Urban towards Riley next season when they show even more improvement.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
People have stated it's highly unlikely he won't be playing.

I just think it's silly as fuck if he doesn't play because he blacked out.

It will be up to the team doctor or doctors if he'll be allowed to play next week. If he doesn't play, we can expect a loss because our coaching staff has proved they won't be able to utilize Fyfe like they should.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not so sure bout that, Riley and crew can hang a L on the team at any time, Minny has a lot to play for they control their position and Iowa can beat Huskers. If Tommy is not playing, 2 loses are very possible

Without TA playing, the next three games will most likely be losses. I have the feeling, for precautionary reasons he'll sit next Saturday then be back for the last two games.

Predictably, there's no point spread for our next game. I'm eager to see what the spread will be if TA won't play, or if there will be any spread at all.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously things didn't go our way against OSU, but even a worse case scenario shouldn't have turned into a 62-3 loss. That was one of the worst displays of coaching and team preparation I have ever seen of a Nebraska team. Despite this, I'm still hopeful TA comes back and Nebraska wins the rest of their games, plus Wisky loses one of their games, even though I know we'll see another unprepared Nebraska team receiving a total blasting in the conference game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our staff was pretty quick to admit after the game that the game plan wasn't good and the adjustments were even worse.

We could have put a couple NFL LBs out there and it wasn't gonna make a difference. We were beat everywhere.
What game plan accounts for being unable to run because our offensive line can't get a push on their front four, let alone getting to the second level and their speedy linebackers, we can't beat them outside because they are too fast, and we can't throw the ball because playing against athletic DBs like that requires accurate and timely throws that we can't get out of Armstrong (let alone Fyfe). And that's just the offense. On defense, we couldn't get pressure which required our DBs to cover for sometimes 7-10 seconds. When we brought plus pressure, our linebackers couldn't finish the play and JT got free. How do you gameplan around all of those deficiencies when you have far superior athletes on the other side? Of course Riley's not going to come out and say "yeah, our players just suck compared to their players." He's going to take responsibility cause that's his job. That doesn't make it true, though.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats much more refreshing than "we just need to execute".

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Concussion Protocols. Nebraska will not put a player out there that is showing concussion after effects, since Nebraska has the concussion lab.

UNL | Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior

Personally, I do not think Tommy Armstrong should play against Minnesota. Yes, Nebraska needs him this week, but Tommy Armstrong has 60 more years of living to do.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussion Protocols. Nebraska will not put a player out there that is showing concussion after effects, since Nebraska has the concussion lab.

UNL | Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior

Personally, I do not think Tommy Armstrong should play against Minnesota. Yes, Nebraska needs him this week, but Tommy Armstrong has 60 more years of living to do.

We're in trouble if we have to trot out @chucksker at QB again

CSqyWJlUwAEb6Ba.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.