• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Nebraska @ #6 Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am too..but it probably needed rainbows and glitter to make them happy

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No you dingbat that's not what you said. Reread your own comment (#173) where you said..."Those three teams have WAY better coaching." Now if that's not what you really meant than don't say that.

It should be pretty obvious that I meant Nebraska as having inferior coaching than Meyer's team, but the other teams in the top four of the playoffs would give OSU all they wanted, and may have even beaten OSU last Saturday night. I believe OSU has better talent than Nebraska has, but the close games they had with NW and Wisky shows their talent level isn't worlds above Nebraska's. Even before Armstrong got hurt they were still clobbering Nebraska so no one can use the excuse that Nebraska fell apart after he was injured. This proves that Riley just didn't have the team prepared to play. In that situation though something like a 38-21 win for OSU would be excusable.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am too..but it probably needed rainbows and glitter to make them happy

I'm surprised Obama didn't post large photos like your avi coupled with the rainbow lights around the White House after the Senile Court ruled that same sex marriage was legal!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be pretty obvious that I meant Nebraska as having inferior coaching than Meyer's team, but the other teams in the top four of the playoffs would give OSU all they wanted, and may have even beaten OSU last Saturday night. I believe OSU has better talent than Nebraska has, but the close games they had with NW and Wisky shows their talent level isn't worlds above Nebraska's. Even before Armstrong got hurt they were still clobbering Nebraska so no one can use the excuse that Nebraska fell apart after he was injured. This proves that Riley just didn't have the team prepared to play. In that situation though something like a 38-21 win for OSU would be excusable.

Ohio State's talent level isn't world above Nebraska's yet the Buckeyes won by 59. Look I have nothing against your Huskers, as a matter of fact I've always liked them & was happy they joined the BigTen. But when a team gets beat by 8+ TD's the talent gap might be larger than you want to admit. And not once have I said the current top 4 teams wouldn't give Ohio State a run for their money. Again you said those teams have "WAY better coaching" than Ohio State. And that's where I completely disagree w/ you w/ the exception of Saban.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ohio State's talent level isn't world above Nebraska's yet the Buckeyes won by 59. Look I have nothing against your Huskers, as a matter of fact I've always liked them & was happy they joined the BigTen. But when a team gets beat by 8+ TD's the talent gap might be larger than you want to admit. And not once have I said the current top 4 teams wouldn't give Ohio State a run for their money. Again you said those teams have "WAY better coaching" than Ohio State. And that's where I completely disagree w/ you w/ the exception of Saban.

They have way better coaching than Nebraska does. Get it right next time.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Concussion Protocols. Nebraska will not put a player out there that is showing concussion after effects, since Nebraska has the concussion lab.

UNL | Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior

Personally, I do not think Tommy Armstrong should play against Minnesota. Yes, Nebraska needs him this week, but Tommy Armstrong has 60 more years of living to do.

There's no reason to eat crow because we're going to see more of what we saw last Saturday night.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Ohio State has way better talent as well. Have a nice day.

In some positions OSU does have more talent, that's obvious, but what else is obvious is they have much much better coaching also.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some positions OSU does have more talent, that's obvious, but what else is obvious is they have much much better coaching also.
Name one position they DON'T have more talent. In fact, name a position where their backup wouldn't start for our team.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Name one position they DON'T have more talent. In fact, name a position where their backup wouldn't start for our team.

Wow! If Nebraska's first string played their second string, I would bet a ton of cash that even with our lesser coaching staff than theirs, Nebraska would beat them. I will add that they have a better offensive and defensive line than we do, first stringers I'm referring to.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! If Nebraska's first string played their second string, I would bet a ton of cash that even with our lesser coaching staff than theirs, Nebraska would beat them. I will add that they have a better offensive and defensive line than we do, first stringers I'm referring to.
Which positions are our starters better than their backups? Not OL or DL, WR could be argued (they are more talented, our guys are better coached at this point), I'd take their LBs, might take some of our DBs, I'd take their RB, and I might take Burrow over Tommy (and he led a 97 yd TD drive on our starters). From a straight talent perspective, their players are significantly better. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Which positions are our starters better than their backups? Not OL or DL, WR could be argued (they are more talented, our guys are better coached at this point), I'd take their LBs, might take some of our DBs, I'd take their RB, and I might take Burrow over Tommy (and he led a 97 yd TD drive on our starters). From a straight talent perspective, their players are significantly better. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

They have more talent than we do, but the talent disparity can appear wider when a coaching staff hasn't prepared their team to play better than what we saw on that night. That was shameful. I definitely disagree with your comment about them being able to beat Nebraska's first string with their second team. Just because they had a long drive on us with their second string QB doesn't mean they would do that enough to win, and did they have their whole second string offense in the game then?

Of course a part of the problem was TA getting injured, but look at how poorly the offense did with him in there.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have more talent than we do, but the talent disparity can appear wider when a coaching staff hasn't prepared their team to play better than what we saw on that night. That was shameful. I definitely disagree with your comment about them being able to beat Nebraska's first string with their second team. Just because they had a long drive on us with their second string QB doesn't mean they would do that enough to win, and did they have their whole second string offense in the game then?

Of course a part of the problem was TA getting injured, but look at how poorly the offense did with him in there.
Your reading comprehension isn't great. I said that I believe that most of their second team players would start for our team. You have yet to mention any position where their backups would not start for us.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plain and simple that game got out of hand because of Tommy. He would have ensured much better looking score line.

We're one of the best 2nd half teams in the country... With Tommy in. Fyfe is a glorified tackling dummy. I can say with 100 percent confidence that he would not start on a single division 1 roster in college football. Not one.

Patrick O'Brien was the highest rated QB out of Cali last year, but there was no way his redshirt was getting burned unless Tommy went down for good week 2 or 3.

Why the FUCK is this thread still getting refreshed?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comprehension isn't great. I said that I believe that most of their second team players would start for our team. You have yet to mention any position where their backups would not start for us.

QB

:dance:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stop counting when I fill up the one hand with the ones that got away, stopped counting 5+ yrs ago

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our graduation rate is at an all time high tho :headbanger:

Status
Not open for further replies.