• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Unpopular Fantasy Opinions

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got the idea from reading everybody's player profile and writing my own so now Im curious what unpopular opinions everybody holds about fantasy whether it be a strategy you think most people dismiss, a general idea, or just a thought about a player. Ill start below and give some of my own so feel free to post your own and rip on my unpopular opinions - Im sure a lot of you will disagree!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- 99% of players that are called injury prone are not actually injury prone but are instead unlucky

- RB heavy is not the best FF strategy in any format (unless your league only plays RBs)

- Trade deadlines should not exist in dynasty leagues

- Having studs and duds is better than an all-around solid lineup

- DeMarco Murray is not a top 12 RB in dynasty leagues

- Marcus Mariota is a top 5 dynasty QB

- Sammy Watkins is a top 10 dynasty asset (PPR)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy IDP leagues.

completations and carries should count in PPR leagues

I like Milk's idea of first downs

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy IDP leagues.

completations and carries should count in PPR leagues

I like Milk's idea of first downs

I like IDP leagues too but sometimes I feel like Im just guessing on who to play.

Im torn on completions and carries. In one sense I think they give points for something that isnt impressive or beneficial to their real life team but on the other hand ppr does that too. I am always for more points so I like that about it but then again if you do that QBs and RBs become super overpowered and Im not sure Id want that.

Agree that 1st downs SHOULD be a fantasy stat but Im not sure I actually WANT it to be one.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like IDP leagues too but sometimes I feel like Im just guessing on who to play.

Im torn on completions and carries. In one sense I think they give points for something that isnt impressive or beneficial to their real life team but on the other hand ppr does that too. I am always for more points so I like that about it but then again if you do that QBs and RBs become super overpowered and Im not sure Id want that.

Agree that 1st downs SHOULD be a fantasy stat but Im not sure I actually WANT it to be one.

I'm in one league that includes carries and completions. After the first year the points were cut in half for them, because it was making the QB and RB too important.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I run a league that had .5 for rush/rec 1st downs

Everyone likes it, no complaints on that end after 2 seasons.
We did tweak PPR from .5 down to .25 this year, but I'll have to check league leader stats for each position to see if that actually did anything.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one that is popular come June/July, but then goes right out the window during draft season, every single F'ing year

-Top QBs aren't worth their early round draft stock, and never will be if you draft one before the 5th round

everyone always says that they are going to wait on QB, and so few actually do.
I see this in MBBRL drafts as well as my money league drafts.
1 impatient owner goes QB in round 2, and 3-5 more immediately follow within the next round or two.

Tell me again how Cam is going to help you win this season, LOL

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot...

1. full point PPR sucks- I never understood why this has become the new norm..
2. Point per first downs is the way to go
3. QB scoring has to change... I hate seeing Blake Bortles being a QB 1...
4. Incompletions is a necessary stat
5. if you do use team defenses Wins or losses should be factored in
6. Scoring for Kickers needs to change- nearly impossible to predict FG opportunities
7. Vetoes- if your league has them, then you should use them, I will never understand the ONLY VETO if suspected of collusion... where does this suspection begin??
8. at least one WC spot should be dependent on power rankings and not actual record

I have more, but I will start with those 8

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auction leagues are much better than draft leagues.

Most leagues give too many points for defenses, games should never be decided because your defense played the Browns and scored 30 points.

I have tried for years to start a league that didn't include kicker points but gave up when nobody agreed with me.

Fantasy baseball is much better than fantasy football.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one that is popular come June/July, but then goes right out the window during draft season, every single F'ing year

-Top QBs aren't worth their early round draft stock, and never will be if you draft one before the 5th round

1 impatient owner goes QB in round 2, and 3-5 more immediately follow within the next round or two.

I agree unless it's dynasty. Then I'm probably more willing to go qb eaely. But in redraft I completely agree. And I see that a ton too.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot...

1. full point PPR sucks- I never understood why this has become the new norm..
2. Point per first downs is the way to go
3. QB scoring has to change... I hate seeing Blake Bortles being a QB 1...
4. Incompletions is a necessary stat
5. if you do use team defenses Wins or losses should be factored in
6. Scoring for Kickers needs to change- nearly impossible to predict FG opportunities
7. Vetoes- if your league has them, then you should use them, I will never understand the ONLY VETO if suspected of collusion... where does this suspection begin??
8. at least one WC spot should be dependent on power rankings and not actual record

I have more, but I will start with those 8

Ah I love ppr.

#3 I never thought of before but I fully support. Qb scoring loves rewarding crappy qbs.

#5 I really dislike. Seems like rewarding or punishing something that's 50% out of the defenses control.

#7 I also hate. I kinda get what you mean that if you have them then you can use them but I think vetoes are the dumbest things in the fantasy world.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auction leagues are much better than draft leagues.

Most leagues give too many points for defenses, games should never be decided because your defense played the Browns and scored 30 points.

I have tried for years to start a league that didn't include kicker points but gave up when nobody agreed with me.

Fantasy baseball is much better than fantasy football.

I'm in on the no kickers rule! They suck and nobody can predict them. Shouldn't be a factor.

Can't agree with the last one I've never been in a fantasy baseball league that kept my interest before.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah I love ppr.

#3 I never thought of before but I fully support. Qb scoring loves rewarding crappy qbs.

#5 I really dislike. Seems like rewarding or punishing something that's 50% out of the defenses control.

#7 I also hate. I kinda get what you mean that if you have them then you can use them but I think vetoes are the dumbest things in the fantasy world.

the veto thing... My whole point is that that if your league never uses it then they should take away the option... But as long as your league wants to prevent Collusion by vetoing, what is the difference between a TERRIBLE one-sided trade IN YOUR OPINION and a collusion trade?? how do you tell the difference?? and why should there be another one before you act??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only a few times have I ever...

This season was one of them... selected Drew Brees in the 4th in three leagues. Worked out great in September, he won me a couple weeks. Traded him in two leagues around the Denver game. He wasn't great, but I did not get much value back in either.

It's just way too easy to get a good QB during the season. And there are enough early on that you will not suffer by waiting on them in drafts.

My biggest pet peeve is bench WRs. In a league with only two are needed to start, unless I'm using one at Flex, I will not draft back ups. My reasons are that there are too many waiver wire WR available, to "hold on" to anyone outside the top 40.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in on the no kickers rule! They suck and nobody can predict them. Shouldn't be a factor.

Can't agree with the last one I've never been in a fantasy baseball league that kept my interest before.

I like Fantasy Baseball better because one bad day can't end your entire season.

I like Fantasy Baseball better because there is much less luck involved, I have seen too many times a player picked up on the WW in week 14 scores 25 points in week 15 and the team wins because of it. IMO no matter what side of that you are on that's pretty stupid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy vultures two TDs and he had as much impact a receiver with 120 yards!?!

I think not.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try to exploit this in MBBRL as much as possible.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy vultures two TDs and he had as much impact a receiver with 120 yards!?!

I think not.

i actually have no problem with vultures... but i think that brings me to my next unpopular thought... that 6 points for a TD is WAY too much...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually have no problem with vultures... but i think that brings me to my next unpopular thought... that 6 points for a TD is WAY too much...
It's just right.

If you get two points a carry/reception/completion and 1 point per yard rushing/receiving/passing.