• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your unpopular baseball opinions

Mjharvey1878

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my unpopular baseball opinion is that MLB needs side netting all the way down the baselines.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unpopular Baseball Opinion

The Seattle Mariners will make the playoffs before I die. (age 31)

They will also win a division title

And make it to the World Series

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the baseball world is really lucky that the Braves didn't win like 5 World Series in the Nineties. And they probably would've been favored in the 1994 postseason as well with the three Hall of Fame starting pitchers. Expos were ahead, but it wouldn't have been surprising if the Braves would've caught them in the end like they did in '93 against my Giants. And with the wild card in place already, it feels like a near certainty that the Braves make the playoffs even if they don't catch the Expos. That team just didn't miss the postseason in those days. That pitching staff just made it automatic. Meanwhile my Giants were relying on so many mediocre pitchers. LOL.

You own the Giants?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 9 baseball seasons in the 90s.

Braves:
-8 consecutive division titles
-8 NLCS appearances
-5 National League Pennants (out of 9!)
-1 world title

Yankees:
-3 division titles
-2 wild cards
-3 American League Pennants
-3 world titles

The Braves have a VERY strong argument.

Still stings a bit. Had the best team in baseball in ‘93, ‘96, & , ‘97.

Yankees won 12 consecutive world series games, 8 of 'em courtesy of the Braves.

Just saying.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees won 12 consecutive world series games, 8 of 'em courtesy of the Braves.

Just saying.

Zero doubt about the Yankees. Just saying for the whole decade, what the Braves did might very well never happen again.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban the DH is mine. But that's mainly because of me being the only fan that I know that doesn't like the rule because I'm in a market with an AL team.

Mjharvey1878

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban the DH is mine. But that's mainly because of me being the only fan that I know that doesn't like the rule because I'm in a market with an AL team.
I felt the same way until the Astros made the switch. Now I see the benefits. I like it the way it is with each league having their own flavor.

Mjharvey1878

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why stop there? Just net the whole stadium and be done with it.

I knew the family of the kid who was hit here in Houston last season. If you only knew the things that family had to go through as a result of that incident you might feel differently. One lady died in LA as well. That’s one more than should ever die. If netting prevents these tragedies, then bring it on.

I know you were joking, but if there was netting in the outfield then Jerry West’s fat ass wouldn’t have incorrectly called Altuve out in 2018. So maybe that’d be okay in my book too

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the family of the kid who was hit here in Houston last season. If you only knew the things that family had to go through as a result of that incident you might feel differently. One lady died in LA as well. That’s one more than should ever die. If netting prevents these tragedies, then bring it on.

I know you were joking, but if there was netting in the outfield then Jerry West’s fat ass wouldn’t have incorrectly called Altuve out in 2018. So maybe that’d be okay in my book too

You can think whatever you want, but stopping at the foul poles is simply half-assing things. Net the outfield walls and finish the job properly.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing worse than the guy who turns into a passive aggressive bitch when someone refers to the team they pull for as "my team" or "we".

Doesn't make you look smart, makes you look pathetic and stupid.

Cool story. You really kept me riveted.

Mjharvey1878

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can think whatever you want, but stopping at the foul poles is simply half-assing things. Net the outfield walls and finish the job properly.
Ahh sorry, hard to read sarcasm sometimes. If that’s what it takes to get the foul lines netted, then I’m game. Fan safety needs to be addressed

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care if it comes back.

Nets down the lines, 40% strikeout rates, instant replay, no collisions at second and Home, pitch clocks, girl announcers, can't smoke at stadiums, WAR and it's nerd cult and launch angle have driven me to find soccer only about equally as gay.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh sorry, hard to read sarcasm sometimes. If that’s what it takes to get the foul lines netted, then I’m game. Fan safety needs to be addressed
Or people could wear bicycle helmets outside their house with a Kevlar jumpsuit.

Or.... people could pay attention at a baseball game.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who took steroids, and it shouldn't keep them out of the HoF

Mjharvey1878

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or people could wear bicycle helmets outside their house with a Kevlar jumpsuit.

Or.... people could pay attention at a baseball game.

the young girl who got hit Here in Houston was paying attention. She was in her grandparents lap and they were watching the game. No phones, no food. The ball was just too quick. One fractured skull and thousands in medical bills later, and the pain is still there. It will always follow that family. So sure, poke fun and call it gay, but the danger is real. I know it’s an unpopular opinion, which is why I put it here, but I do feel strongly about it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the young girl who got hit Here in Houston was paying attention. She was in her grandparents lap and they were watching the game. No phones, no food. The ball was just too quick. One fractured skull and thousands in medical bills later, and the pain is still there. It will always follow that family. So sure, poke fun and call it gay, but the danger is real. I know it’s an unpopular opinion, which is why I put it here, but I do feel strongly about it.
You should stay in quarantine forever. It's safer that way.