• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Bests/Worsts of Fantasy Football 2018

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the season wrapping up, let's do some of your Bests and Worsts from this season. You can talk anything. Predictions that turned out great or totally busted, awesome/horrible pick ups or trades, your best wins or crushing losses. And don't be afraid to fess up on your missed calls. Its not as fun if everyone is just bragging. I'll start with a few;

Bests:
-I played in two leagues this year (I prefer to play a small handful of leagues, less players to keep track of). In both leagues I chose to wait on a quarterback in the draft. I was last to pick a QB in both drafts (some even picked back ups before I got my starter). The guy I waited on...Patrick Mahomes. Talk about a huge hit. Got him in the 9th and 10th rounds respectively thinking at worst he would give me serviceable numbers and if he stunk, I could pick up an average starter some time later or trade for guy if need be. I knew going in Andy Reid QBs typically do well. Who knew he'd be basically the best player in fantasy this year.

-Before the season, I was super high on Christian McCaffrey telling everyone who asked to take him if you can. I saw him going as low as the 3rd round in some drafts. He delivered big. He's played like a top 5 first round pick, putting rushing numbers that put him with the best RBs and his receiving numbers are better than a lot of name WR2s. I nailed that call. I think the days of him going very late 2nd round and definitely in the 3rd are over.

-I beat a good friend of mine by 100 pts in a match up. Probably the most fun I've had in fantasy in awhile because he's one of those types that loves FF and loves to talk all the time. Now any time he's talking on the board, even if its not directed at me, I'll drop in and say stuff like "triple digits".

Worsts:

-In one league I took LeVeon Bell but I didn't handcuff him with Conner. It was dumb and I actually believed him and his agent when they said they wouldn't hold out. I normally don't draft handcuffs anyway unless the guy is injury prone but that still was an obvious situation I should have done it regardless. Luckily for me, I drafted well enough to tread water before finding some good replacements on the wire.

-Totally whiffed on Kyle Rudolph. Given Cousins history of success with TEs in Washington, I thought for sure Rudolph was gonna see a big step in production. He had already been a decent TD dependent play and I figured he might move into close to elite status. WRONG. He went the opposite way. He's arguably unplayable. At best, he's just another guy in the TE crapshoot hell.

-Worst loss wasn't a blow out for me but a total bonehead play by me. I got burned in that Alfred Morris game on MNF that Matthew Berry made famous with his rant. I only needed Morris to get around 3 pts to win. I picked Morris over Lat Murray off the wire that week. Murray scored double digits. That Monday, I saw Brieda was gonna play and actively debated about dropping Morris for Marquis Goodwin but ultimately went against it thinking Morris would still get carries since Brieda was gimpy. Goodwin had over 100 yards and multiple TDs, Morris didn't get a single carry that mattered. UGH.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best: made the finals in 3 out of 6 money leagues, all are keeper/dynasty formats, so I should have a good/competitive squad for the next few years in all 3

Worst:
-routinely made terrible decisions in one league where I went 5-8, should've easily made the playoffs but I didn't
-went 3-10 in my work league, I have some research to do before this draft next year, 2 bad seasons in a row, both were auction drafts

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect timing on this thread...

The trade that got vetoed in my one league has been brought back up in a FB chat discussion. The commish had told me that it was vetoed because my team was already strong and that trade would have made it stronger. Now, the word "collusion" has been thrown out and I am about to defend my honor.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect timing on this thread...

The trade that got vetoed in my one league has been brought back up in a FB chat discussion. The commish had told me that it was vetoed because my team was already strong and that trade would have made it stronger. Now, the word "collusion" has been thrown out and I am about to defend my honor.

That would consist of me telling them to go fuck themselves.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEST
Rolled with a lot of "under the radar" players in the draft like Luck, Goff, the Bears D/ST. Avoided plenty of "hype" players in the draft too like Drake, Jimmy Graham, Derrick Henry and Hogan.

WORST
Just about everyone else I drafted. Got too excited about Ballage. Mack took too long to get going. Demaryius and Marvin Jones were dreadful. Even Brady and Rodgers fell well under expectations.

Great thread BTW.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best:
Listened to you guys on CMac with the 10th overall pick. The guy has carried my RB position all season.

Also, not a huge trade but traded Anthony Miller for Theo Riddick. I got some decent flex weeks out of him where Miller fell completely off the map. Also, turning down every bullshit trade people offered me for CMac.

Worst:
Drafted Carlos Hyde and Alex Collins as my 2-3 running backs. I took Hyde as my third RB so I can’t complain too much about that as he was the locked in starter, but Collins never could get untracked. I don’t remember for certain but there had to be someone better available.

Drafted OBJ instead of Gordon with my second pick. OBJ still did his work but Gordon would’ve been a beast combo with CMac. I could’ve figured out another WR to go with Hill.

Took my QB too early and took Stafford. It didn’t sink me but I could’ve definitely been smarter there.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best
I picked up Conner in the offseason, thinking what if Bell doesnt report right away. I could get a couple weeks out of him. (I played against the Bell owner week 1)
Then later in the season I picked up Lindsey off the wire while they were saying Freeman was their guy. Also I drafted Mahomes in my keeper league even though I had Matt Ryan. I literally walked through my league this season going 12-1. Which is impressive because we have been in this league a long time & all very competitive.

Worst
Like I said. My team was on auto pilot this year so not a lot of bad, but it didnt seem to matter who I chose for my Starting QB. The guy on bench seemed to always out score my starter LOL. (including my one loss)
Then playoffs start & Conner is on sideline. During the bye week I outscored my whole league, but in my 1st playoff game I have the worst outing I have had all season. All my top scorers seemed to shit the bed. & you guessed it. I started Mahomes & Ryan out scored him on the Bench. Somehow I managed to win thanks to Brees having a bad game. I literally won the matchup by less than one point.
To be continued ......

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best... made it to the semi finals in both my main money leagues --- now in Finals in one
and made it to the semi in my fave freebee dynasty league

Worst.... losing fave Dynasty by .02 ya thats right Point 02

and worst part 2 no one to blame but me... work money league...

well lets see A Jones in flex goes down early

OJB doesnt play and wrestled with grabbing Foster off of the wire but went with Nelson.. instead not too bad could of been worse but still a bummer decision ---but the worst part is... i picked up the Ravens D 3 weeks ago to hold for week 15 --- and for the first time in years i canvassed the so called experts on ESPN CBS and many more and their stupid general consensus was start Rams before Ravens well Rams 3.9 instead of Ravens 16 plus cost me dearly

trust my own gut all year until when it mattered.....i lost by 3

imagine i have finished 1st 9 years out of 11 yet i have never won the Bowl-----

i keep bugging them to put half or at least close to that for 13 weeks on top instead of rewarding 2 lucky weeks... but to no avail......

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will add more to this later as im late for work. BUt...

Few goods, Being all over christian mcaffrey in every league i could get my hands on him which were all ppr leagues. Riding cam newton most of the year and being able to grab him late in alot of drafts. joe mixon, drafting him ALOT.

i have alot more wrongs
-Doug baldwin had him alot
-marquise goodwin drafted him everywhere and top 4-5 rounds , ouch
-corey davis agian drafted him anywhere i could, ouch
-RB's i hit almost all picks high, but i can say kareem hunt is hurting my badly right now
-Golden tate-traded james white AND kenny golladay for him in a ppr league when i thought i needed one wr to sure things up
-courtland sutton killing me
-kenny stills i drafted top 7 rounds all over, thought he was big this year

notice a trend with wr's

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a lot of bests, across all league I had good mixtures if guys like Mahommes, Hill, Cooper, Chubb, Lindsey, Goff and Luck. All my teams, minus one dynasty in rebuild mode, scored in the top 1-6 of the leagues, however....
The worst, was by far just simply the schedule. Often times the schedule will jump up and bite you, but this year was insane. Far too often I was the second highest scorer, facing the #1. Only made the playoffs in 2 of 8, while being a top five scorer in 7 of 8

Really didn't have big busts, Dalvin Cook was probably the only true "oopsie", and even he wasn't too bad, when he played. And it was only one of eight leagues.

Dem's da breaks sometimes

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a lot of bests, across all league I had good mixtures if guys like Mahommes, Hill, Cooper, Chubb, Lindsey, Goff and Luck. All my teams, minus one dynasty in rebuild mode, scored in the top 1-6 of the leagues, however....
The worst, was by far just simply the schedule. Often times the schedule will jump up and bite you, but this year was insane. Far too often I was the second highest scorer, facing the #1. Only made the playoffs in 2 of 8, while being a top five scorer in 7 of 8

Really didn't have big busts, Dalvin Cook was probably the only true "oopsie", and even he wasn't too bad, when he played. And it was only one of eight leagues.

Dem's da breaks sometimes
That just sucks. My good friend , is in three leagues with me. He was top 3 in scoring in all three leagues , missed the playoffs in all 3.

My money league. I had the third lowest points scored. I also had the third most points against. You’d think that’s a recipe for disaster. But I finished tied for first and am in the
Championship game