• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 10

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what does the "fify" thing mean?

Fixed it for you.

People use it when they change something you wrote to make it say what they want it to say.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think your really underrating them. Not a bad offensive team.
2014 Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings

I prefer to use straight offensive efficiency metrics as opposed to adjusted ones but either way UVA isnt great. A ranking of 30th in adjusted efficiency is however MUCH better than their straight ranking of 90th.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to use straight offensive efficiency metrics as opposed to adjusted ones but either way UVA isnt great. A ranking of 30th in adjusted efficiency is however MUCH better than their straight ranking of 90th.

i think for a team like UVA you really should think about strongly considering taking their adjusted efficiency into account. They play at the slow pace deliberately on offense, and on defense they FORCE teams to play that way. It's like 'Cuse except their offense does it purposely too

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think for a team like UVA you really should think about strongly considering taking their adjusted efficiency into account. They play at the slow pace deliberately on offense, and on defense they FORCE teams to play that way. It's like 'Cuse except their offense does it purposely too

Oh I know DC and that is why I said UVA could win a game or 2. If you were going solely based on straight metrics then you wouldnt think that. The reason I cant use adjusted is purely selfish, it takes to damn long. LOL PLUS ( as Ive stated numeorus times ) in tourney play the game tends to open up more. Scoring goes up, pace of play goes up. It is why notorious slow down teams have typically failed to play to seed in the tourney. To little margin for error for those type teams. On the other hand that makes UVA's regular season success all the more impressive since they are accomplishing it with such a slight margin. Im not a UVA hater by any means. I actually was a HUGE proponent of them making the tourney last year and I think what they have done in ACC play is really special but to be frank the ACC is pretty devoid of offensive teams aside from Duke and to an extent UNC. Most teams in the ACC butter their bread playing defense and UVA is great at that. Ill just be interested to see what happens when they play a team they cant hold to 50/60s ( and they will )

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we havn't seen brackets but I think Virginia most likely makes the Sweet 16 and loses there.

I leave a small chance both ways that they lose in round of 32 or make elite 8.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know and care about is that Zona has sacrificed some defense for offense after going with a 3 quard line up and is now an up tempo offense, maximizing all of their athletic abilities and skill sets.
My top 6
Florida and Arizona Tied for 1st
WSU
Wisconsin
Duke
Virginia