• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 10

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't feel bad... one B1G fan had Florida behind a bunch of teams even though we haven't lost this year with our full squad... and even the games where we were missing our superstar player and 1-2 other starters were very close (one buzzer beater against UCONN on the road and one against Wisky where we were missing three players including our leader Scottie Wilbekin).

So don't take it personally... :P

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
creighton is a joke...but so is 'nova (at least when it comes to having any chance to win the national championship)

anyone who thinks either of those teams have a BETTER chance to win it all than WSU, i simply don't know what to say.

I agree, but I don't see how someone could rank Creighton ahead of Villanova. While Creighton has beat Villanova twice, Nova certainly has the better body of work.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have, as always, absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cincy ahead of Wisconsin? Are you MAD? Have you paid attention to the last month of college basketball?
If Wisconsin had Cincy's schedule, they would have 1, maybe 2 losses.

Runeman…….....15 - 5.….59 – 24.......71.1% …
SJ76.................. 16 - 4…..135 – 58.....69.9% …
Arizona Sting..…….DNP.......117 - 52.....69.2%
mr.hockey4242....14 - 6..…115 - 52…….68.9% …
Lukekrause45……..13 - 7……34 – 16..…. 68.0% …
CoolStoryBro……….14 - 6……27 – 13.…….67.5% …

rmilia1...............16 - 4…...138 - 71......66.0% …
dcZONAfan…….....12 - 8...…112 - 63..….64.0% …
H2S……………........13 - 7.....109 – 62…...63.7% …
jonvi..................17 - 3..….133 - 76.…..63.6% …
MI Nightmare.......DNP.......92 - 54.…....63.1%
Sportsguy9695.....11 - 9.....63 – 43......58.9% …

Just saying.

And it's why I don't really get involved in bracketology, top 10, top 25, who's dick is bigger, blah, blah, blah. It's all a guess. What happened in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and early march are all indicators...but nothing more.

Regardless of whatever you believe to be true, SU's still the best team and the team to beat.

jonvi's top 10

1) SU
2) Is like kissing your sister
3) Is like kissing your grandmother
4) Stats are for geeks.
4) You don't know shit.
6) Yo Mamma's got a big ass.
7) ACC Bitches.
8) The NCAA Sucks
9) Players are already paid.
10 We got a playoff coming. Nothing else really matters.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, according to the AP Poll, other than having Nova and UVa flipped, I nailed the Top 8.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel bad... one B1G fan had Florida behind a bunch of teams even though we haven't lost this year with our full squad... and even the games where we were missing our superstar player and 1-2 other starters were very close (one buzzer beater against UCONN on the road and one against Wisky where we were missing three players including our leader Scottie Wilbekin).

I never take anything personally. I do think Florida should hold the #1 spot until or, if they lose. Arizona should jump WSU this weak but it's not the end of the world if they don't. Just my opinion.
We might see you in the NC game. :suds:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love how people want to get their panties in a twist because someone doesn't think "their" team is the best, or better than team XYZ...

It's all subjective. These 'zona fans are a sensitive bunch.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, you have Iowa ranked ahead of UVa as well. :laugh3:

Nope. I just dont think UVA is one of the 10 best teams in the country on a neutral court in March. Id put them around 15 or 16 right now. That said the Cavaliers have horrible metrics. Their ofrfensive efficiency is bad, their assist to turnover is average and their rebounding is atrocious. They do play great D so that gives them a chance to win a game or 2 in March but no more than that really. Now if you were to ask me if I thought Iowa would beat UVA on a neutral court in March my answer is yes, probably by about as much ( maybe a little more ) than we beat the Hoos at UVA last year but I wont rank Iowa ahead for now even though alot of the metrics do.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have, as always, absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cincy ahead of Wisconsin? Are you MAD? Have you paid attention to the last month of college basketball?
If Wisconsin had Cincy's schedule, they would have 1, maybe 2 losses.

I see you missed 8 this week and even picked STANFORD OVER ARIZONA. Are YOU MAD????as Jonvi pointed out, you are near the bottom of the pick-em list and guess where I am. You are correct on one thing; one of us does not have a clue. OPEN MOUNTH, INSERT FOOT. Have a nice day.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inherent problem with making a top 10 is that evrybody ranks their top teamsbased on different criteria. That makes the entire thing kind of a moot point. My FF right now is Zona, Florida, Wisky and Wichita so thats my top 4 teams. After that I rank teams based on the likelihood I see of them making a FF so if I continued down 11-25 you'd probably see some shit you REALLY wouldnt agree with since MOST people just bump up teams that win and move down teams that lose without looking at any other data. For example I dont have SDSU or St Louis in my top 25 and I have Cincinnati in the low 20's mostly because I dont think any of those 3 teams are capable of making it passed the S16 AT BEST.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inherent problem with making a top 10 is that evrybody ranks their top teamsbased on different criteria. That makes the entire thing kind of a moot point. My FF right now is Zona, Florida, Wisky and Wichita so thats my top 4 teams. After that I rank teams based on the likelihood I see of them making a FF so if I continued down 11-25 you'd probably see some shit you REALLY wouldnt agree with since MOST people just bump up teams that win and move down teams that lose without looking at any other data. For example I dont have SDSU or St Louis in my top 25 and I have Cincinnati in the low 20's mostly because I dont think any of those 3 teams are capable of making it passed the S16 AT BEST.

I agree and this one is subjective and does not have to be based on RPI. As I have stated many times, games in December mean absolutely nothing to me if a team has turned it around in January and February. When I see teams losing to very weak teams in February, that gets my attention. Cincinnati losing to UConn away is for me what I think should have happened. Does that team lose on a neutral court...don't think so. I was really high on Wisconsin about a month ago and now, for me, they are not playing the type basketball they should and that's why I marked them down. I still think a healthy Michigan State with Payne having a proper attitude is a top 3 team. When they lose at home to Illinois, that also gets my attention. Soooo, your point is spot on; it's a subjective thing and has very little to do with RPI. Good point, Good post Milia.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Arizona
2. Florida
3. Wichita St.
4. Wisconsin
5. Virginia
6. Syracuse
7. Duke
8. Kansas
9. Villanova
10. San Diego St.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All my money is on Florida Gulf Coast this year...

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is in love with Arizona. IMO, its one of those thing where a team is usually not as bad as we think after a couple of loses and not as good as we think after a couple of wins. Sean Miller is one of the best coaches out there and did a great job of turning that program around. That said, after losing Brandon Ashley, Arizona almost lost to Stanford, lost to Cal and lost to Arizona State. None of those teams are very good. Now Arizona has a couple of wins over teams that also are not very good and everyone thinks Arizona has got the stuff. I'm just not seeing it and we shall see in the tournament when Arizona does not make the final 4 and might not make the elite 8. Just don't think that they have the players to get it done along with an extremely weak bench. Heard it here first folks and that's just how I see it. Probably wrong about this as I have not seen one post that agrees with me.....well maybe not as one Arizona "faithful" picked Stanford to win the other night and then after the game proclaimed Arizona the best out there. Yikes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is in love with Arizona. IMO, its one of those thing where a team is usually not as bad as we think after a couple of loses and not as good as we think after a couple of wins. Sean Miller is one of the best coaches out there and did a great job of turning that program around. That said, after losing Brandon Ashley, Arizona almost lost to Stanford, lost to Cal and lost to Arizona State. None of those teams are very good. Now Arizona has a couple of wins over teams that also are not very good and everyone thinks Arizona has got the stuff. I'm just not seeing it and we shall see in the tournament when Arizona does not make the final 4 and might not make the elite 8. Just don't think that they have the players to get it done along with an extremely weak bench. Heard it here first folks and that's just how I see it. Probably wrong about this as I have not seen one post that agrees with me.....well maybe not as one Arizona "faithful" picked Stanford to win the other night and then after the game proclaimed Arizona the best out there. Yikes.

I think its fair to question Arizona after losing Ashley, despite them putting a few blowout wins in a row. Let me just say...

These teams that you are calling "not very good" (Cal, Stanford, Colorado, ASU) are all tournament teams.

To me, losing 2 games at the buzzer against tournament teams on the road, the day of (and then days after) losing a starter is not alarming.

Blowing out 3 tournament teams in a row, on the other hand, is at the very least mildly impressive. I doubt you could find any other case in the country where a team was able to accomplish that.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably wrong about this as I have not seen one post that agrees with me.....well maybe not as one Arizona "faithful" picked Stanford to win the other night and then after the game proclaimed Arizona the best out there. Yikes.

I was tracking till here. dc started picking against AZ as a reverse mojo a couple of weeks ago. And they've won since. Those picks are to sacrafice for the greater good. That's a fan right there.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Florida
2) Wichita St
3) Arizona
4) Villanova
5) Virginia
6) Cincinnati
7) Duke
8) Creighton
9) Kansas
10) SDSU

I'm not ranking by resume, or what happened in November. This is just who I think is playing the best, right now.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was tracking till here. dc started picking against AZ as a reverse mojo a couple of weeks ago. And they've won since. Those picks are to sacrafice for the greater good. That's a fan right there.

Had he stated that while making the pick, I'm with you.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me you think everyone not named Arizona in the Pac-12 sucks. Interestingly enough though every one of the teams you mentioned with the exception of Utah is projected to make the tournament. So maybe you just don't know much about sports west of the Mississippi River. :noidea:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Florida
2) Wichita St
3) Arizona
4) Villanova
5) Virginia
6) Cincinnati
7) Duke
8) Creighton
9) Kansas
10) SDSU

I'm not ranking by resume, or what happened in November. This is just who I think is playing the best, right now.

:hail: No SU...I agree.

No Wisky. lol.:laugh3:

I would like to add either St. Louis, VCU, or UMass but they keep beating up on each other.

Creighton is a one horse pony coming off a loss. I don't see them on this list for more than one reason.