• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 10

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Florida
2- Wichita St
3- Arizona
4- Duke
5- Villanova
6- Virginia
7- Syracuse
8- Kansas
9- Louisville
10- Wisconsin

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Arizona
2. Florida
3. Wichita State
4. Syracuse
5. Kansas
6. Villanova
7. Wisconsin
8. Duke
9. Michigan
10. Virginia

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Florida
2- Wichita St
3- Arizona
4- Duke
5- Villanova
6- Virginia
7- Syracuse
8- Kansas
9- Louisville
10- Cincinnati

Like Cincinnati; think they are a team that has talent aaaannnnd Mick Cronin needs some Psychiatric help...LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Cincinnati; think they are a team that has talent aaaannnnd Mick Cronin needs some Psychiatric help...LOL

For the record, that is the 2nd time this year an official has come face to face with Cronin, by initiating the confrontation. While Cronin may have deserved a "T" in both instances (He did get on the first time), as an official, you either "T" 'em up, or you ignore the coach. You CANNOT initiate a confrontationg and get into the coaches face, which is what happened this past weekend. Two weeks ago when the official from the FAR side of the court ran over to get into Cronin's face, when Cronin wasn't even yelling at him, but another official. The guy ran over, got right in his face, and then when Cronin didn't back down, got "T" up. AAC officiating overall this year has sucked big time, and they should be emarrassed...

20 points off turnovers for UConn. Had UC simply taken care of the ball, as poorly as they played, UConn wouldn't even have had 40 points at home. Even if none of the extra possessions resulted in points, UC would have won...but I digress...

As for UC...top 15, but not sure I think they are a top 10...

1. Florida
2. Wichita State
3. Virginia
4. Syracuse
5. Arizona
6. Kansas
7. 'Nova
8. Duke
9. Michigan
10. Wisc.

And to be honest, I don't even like putting Wichita State 2nd...because I don't think they'd beat any of the top 6 teams...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1, Zona
2. Wichita State
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida
5. Duke
6. Syracuse
7. Michigan
8. Villanova
9. Louisville
10. Kansas

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, that is the 2nd time this year an official has come face to face with Cronin, by initiating the confrontation. While Cronin may have deserved a "T" in both instances (He did get on the first time), as an official, you either "T" 'em up, or you ignore the coach. You CANNOT initiate a confrontationg and get into the coaches face, which is what happened this past weekend. Two weeks ago when the official from the FAR side of the court ran over to get into Cronin's face, when Cronin wasn't even yelling at him, but another official. The guy ran over, got right in his face, and then when Cronin didn't back down, got "T" up. AAC officiating overall this year has sucked big time, and they should be emarrassed...

20 points off turnovers for UConn. Had UC simply taken care of the ball, as poorly as they played, UConn wouldn't even have had 40 points at home. Even if none of the extra possessions resulted in points, UC would have won...but I digress...

And to be honest, I don't even like putting Wichita State 2nd...because I don't think they'd beat any of the top 6 teams...

Cincinnati has two loses lately: Louisville and UConn away. UConn is tough to beat at home and I had them picked to win. Cincinnati beats that team every time on a neutral court. Every other team above them, except Florida has at least one stinker of a loss in January and February and that's why I feel Cincinnati belongs ahead of Wisconsin.

LOL, I'm not referring to just the two incidents that you mentioned. That guy is a coronary just waiting to happen. Did you note that he gave one of his assistants a giant shove the other day? Sorry, being competitive is a good thing and going over the top is another. I still like the guy; just think a little Prozac before each game is a good thing.

I also do not believe Wichita is the 2nd best team in the country...far from it, IMO. That said, the fact they won out we really have no choice to put them there. Would they be 31 and 0 in any other conference...a resounding NO!.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to complete mine without being swayed by the wins / losses or the public opinion poll.

Tied #1: Florida - Haven't lost a game all season since the team is complete. Have worries about scoring drought potential in the NCAA.

Tied #1: Zona - even with the injury to left them 1 player down, they are a tough well rounded team.

#3: Kansas - I don't care what anyone says, that tough a schedule all year has to take a toll on you mentally and physically... sure they dropped some games, but if they are focused and refreshed come March, they could be a force to be reckoned with. In fact, an early loss in the Big12 tourney may just be what they need to recharge.

Tied #4: Duke: They seem to be getting tougher and tougher as the season has progressed. Great coach, well rounded team... it is hard not to bet against them come March to make a deep run.

Tied #4: Syracuse: Solid team with great talent... but teams appear to be learning from one another on how to effectively beat their zone... combined with a couple of Cuse players being hot and cold from night to night... still a team that could win it all if they string together a few solid games.

Tied #6: Virginia: Another solid team that seems to be finding their mojo the more the season goes on...

Tied #6: Louisville - The next 4 teams are all living Jeykl and Hyde ... can beat the best one week and lose to a mediocre team the next. All dangerous but somewhat unpredictable.

Tied #6: Villanova

Tied #6 Creighton

Tied #6: Cincy

Why no Wichita State? They don't play anybody... their biggest wins were against Tenn and St. Louis... and the same way I believe Kansas playing such a rough schedule takes a toll, Wichita State is cruising... and I think when they face a semi-tough team they crumble... they will get seeded high because of the opinion polls who put more credit on wins and losses than quality of wins and losses... so they will get a cupcake game to start... and will probably win their 2nd making the sweet 16, but it stops there.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why do it? I don't understand why the opinion polls sway people so much... I agree with you.. in fact I think there are 6-8 teams that Wichita just won't beat... period. And another 10-12 teams that are just as good... hell, half the ACC and B1G would beat them silly IMO, including a team like Indiana who likely won't even make the big dance this year.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

Good post and I agree.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1, Zona
2. Wichita State
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida
5. Duke
6. Syracuse
7. Michigan
8. Villanova
9. Louisville
10. Kansas

Let me guess, you have Iowa ranked ahead of UVa as well. :laugh3:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati has two loses lately: Louisville and UConn away. UConn is tough to beat at home and I had them picked to win. Cincinnati beats that team every time on a neutral court. Every other team above them, except Florida has at least one stinker of a loss in January and February and that's why I feel Cincinnati belongs ahead of Wisconsin.

LOL, I'm not referring to just the two incidents that you mentioned. That guy is a coronary just waiting to happen. Did you note that he gave one of his assistants a giant shove the other day? Sorry, being competitive is a good thing and going over the top is another. I still like the guy; just think a little Prozac before each game is a good thing.

I also do not believe Wichita is the 2nd best team in the country...far from it, IMO. That said, the fact they won out we really have no choice to put them there. Would they be 31 and 0 in any other conference...a resounding NO!.

Dude is certifiable. I'll agree. I didn't see that with the assistant, but I have seen coaches push assistants and players out of the way before when getting into it with officials. Not sure if that was the case you saw, but...he can get angry with the best of 'em. Definately takes on a Huggins style in that regard.

The voting process is skewed beacuse it becomes when you win vs when someone ahead of you loses. You climb higher even if overall your team may not be better than those you are passing up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to complete mine without being swayed by the wins / losses or the public opinion poll.

Tied #1: Florida - Haven't lost a game all season since the team is complete. Have worries about scoring drought potential in the NCAA.

Tied #1: Zona - even with the injury to left them 1 player down, they are a tough well rounded team.

#3: Kansas - I don't care what anyone says, that tough a schedule all year has to take a toll on you mentally and physically... sure they dropped some games, but if they are focused and refreshed come March, they could be a force to be reckoned with. In fact, an early loss in the Big12 tourney may just be what they need to recharge.

Tied #4: Duke: They seem to be getting tougher and tougher as the season has progressed. Great coach, well rounded team... it is hard not to bet against them come March to make a deep run.

Tied #4: Syracuse: Solid team with great talent... but teams appear to be learning from one another on how to effectively beat their zone... combined with a couple of Cuse players being hot and cold from night to night... still a team that could win it all if they string together a few solid games.

Tied #6: Virginia: Another solid team that seems to be finding their mojo the more the season goes on...

Tied #6: Louisville - The next 4 teams are all living Jeykl and Hyde ... can beat the best one week and lose to a mediocre team the next. All dangerous but somewhat unpredictable.

Tied #6: Villanova

Tied #6 Creighton

Tied #6: Cincy

Why no Wichita State? They don't play anybody... their biggest wins were against Tenn and St. Louis... and the same way I believe Kansas playing such a rough schedule takes a toll, Wichita State is cruising... and I think when they face a semi-tough team they crumble... they will get seeded high because of the opinion polls who put more credit on wins and losses than quality of wins and losses... so they will get a cupcake game to start... and will probably win their 2nd making the sweet 16, but it stops there.

So why do it? I don't understand why the opinion polls sway people so much... I agree with you.. in fact I think there are 6-8 teams that Wichita just won't beat... period. And another 10-12 teams that are just as good... hell, half the ACC and B1G would beat them silly IMO, including a team like Indiana who likely won't even make the big dance this year.

Fair enough, and I agree 100%

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The voting process is skewed beacuse it becomes when you win vs when someone ahead of you loses. You climb higher even if overall your team may not be better than those you are passing up.

True, but surely some thought has to be given to Syracuse, that has lost 3 of their last 4, with one of those losses being at home to a team with an RPI of 179, still being ranked ahead of UVa, who has won 13 in a row and 16 of their last 17, and beat Syracuse by 20 points.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but surely some thought has to be given to Syracuse, that has lost 3 of their last 4, with one of those losses being at home to a team with an RPI of 179, still being ranked ahead of UVa, who has won 13 in a row and 16 of their last 17, and beat Syracuse by 20 points.

One would think. I agree.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team (record vs top-50)
1. Arizona (10 - 1)
2. Syracuse (7 - 2)
3. Florida (6 - 2)
4. Wisconsin (8 - 3)
5. Kansas (12 - 7)
6. Wichita St (3 - 0)
7. Michigan (8 - 5)
8. Iowa St (8 - 5)
9. Creighton (5 - 3)
10. Duke(5 - 4)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for UC...top 15, but not sure I think they are a top 10...

1. Florida
2. Wichita State
3. Virginia
4. Syracuse
5. Arizona
6. Kansas
7. 'Nova
8. Duke
9. Michigan
10. Wisc.

Virginia and 'Cuse ahead of Arizona? mmmm, ok.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you have, as always, absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Cincy ahead of Wisconsin? Are you MAD? Have you paid attention to the last month of college basketball?
If Wisconsin had Cincy's schedule, they would have 1, maybe 2 losses.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team (record vs top-50)
1. Arizona (10 - 1)
2. Syracuse (7 - 2)
3. Florida (6 - 2)
4. Wisconsin (8 - 3)
5. Kansas (12 - 7)
6. Wichita St (3 - 0)
7. Michigan (8 - 5)
8. Iowa St (8 - 5)
9. Creighton (5 - 3)
10. Duke(5 - 4)

You might want to rethink that a little if this is what you feel is your true top 10. For instance, Villanova is 4-3 against RPI Top 50 teams, with 1 loss to Syracuse (RPI 6) and 2 losses to Creighton (RPI 9). While Creighton is 5-3 against the RPI Top 50, they have also lost to teams with RPI's of 58 & 62.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to rethink that a little if this is what you feel is your true top 10. For instance, Villanova is 4-3 against RPI Top 50 teams, with 1 loss to Syracuse (RPI 6) and 2 losses to Creighton (RPI 9). While Creighton is 5-3 against the RPI Top 50, they have also lost to teams with RPI's of 58 & 62.

creighton is a joke...but so is 'nova (at least when it comes to having any chance to win the national championship)

anyone who thinks either of those teams have a BETTER chance to win it all than WSU, i simply don't know what to say.