• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te kid throws mid to upper 90's. Te pitcher we face a last night has no big league experience and jumped from AA. He has nowhere near the stuff that Jackson has.

So. I don't care what other teams do with their prospects. Jackson isn't major league ready. He's just starting to learn how to pitch instead of throw. He's still learning to pitch with his off speed stuff. He's not a better option than what we already have. I know you want help in the pen, but this isn't the way to do it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need our pen these next two games. Don't see either Lewis or Harrison necessarily going deep in either game. Lewis more than Harrison. Hopefully I would love to be proved wrong.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when people start getting healthy we might consider trading Kouz or even Moreland for relief or catching help... Although the way this season is going... we really need all the depth we can get. When Scheppers gets back he will likely go back to the pen though... that really should help tremendously.

Kouz's value wouldn't be a bus ticket to Canton. A 32 year old who hasn't hit over .260 since 2008 with a chronically bad back has no trade value.

Moreland has looked considerable better with his AB's this season - takes more pitches, making better contact - and he's healthy. At this point, we can't give up anyone who's healthy it seems. haha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to need our pen these next two games. Don't see either Lewis or Harrison necessarily going deep in either game. Lewis more than Harrison. Hopefully I would love to be proved wrong.

I'm hoping for 7 solid innings outta Colby and really not much more than the minimum from Harry. It's been a long time since he's face a major league team. But coming back against Seattle may be a break.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson ‏@JeffWilson_FWST 4m
#Rangers lineup: Choice, lf; Andrus, ss; Fielder, dh; Beltre, 3b; Rios, rf; Moreland, 1b; Murphy, 2b; Martin, cf; Chirinos, c.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahahahahahaah fuck you tex! You got screwed by a dumb ass fan in your own park. Man I fucking love it. I hate the Angels, but that shit was hilarious right there.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kouz's value wouldn't be a bus ticket to Canton. A 32 year old who hasn't hit over .260 since 2008 with a chronically bad back has no trade value.

Moreland has looked considerable better with his AB's this season - takes more pitches, making better contact - and he's healthy. At this point, we can't give up anyone who's healthy it seems. haha
:agree:Take it to the bank.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. I don't care what other teams do with their prospects. Jackson isn't major league ready. He's just starting to learn how to pitch instead of throw. He's still learning to pitch with his off speed stuff. He's not a better option than what we already have. I know you want help in the pen, but this isn't the way to do it.

I agree. What Seattle, LA, etc handle their prospects should have no affect on how we handle ours.

And everything I've read and heard on Martinez is "it's not a matter of if, but when" he'll be up for good. Good arm, better head.

As for Jackson, let's just not rush him is all I'm suggesting. My gosh, he's pitched like 50 innings in AA.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is DHing tonight.....wowow

I'm all for this little move with MM picking up some time at 1st.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson ‏@JeffWilson_FWST 4m
#Rangers lineup: Choice, lf; Andrus, ss; Fielder, dh; Beltre, 3b; Rios, rf; Moreland, 1b; Murphy, 2b; Martin, cf; Chirinos, c.

Wash let fielder hit cleanup a grand total of one game behind Beltre. Same old wash. Way to really give it a chance. :L

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash let fielder hit cleanup a grand total of one game behind Beltre. Same old wash. Way to really give it a chance. :L

Good point. It honestly evaded me due to him DH tonight and my concentration was there.

Ya know, just looking at our lineup, it seems to me we'd be stronger - day-in, day-out - with AD hitting in front of Prince.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liriano just left the game after grabbing his forearm...that's not good.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What Seattle, LA, etc handle their prospects should have no affect on how we handle ours.

And everything I've read and heard on Martinez is "it's not a matter of if, but when" he'll be up for good. Good arm, better head.

As for Jackson, let's just not rush him is all I'm suggesting. My gosh, he's pitched like 50 innings in AA.

I didn't mean that since SEA did it we should. I was just using that as an example that it was very possible for a kid with very good stuff to make the leap from AA and be effective in the majors. I agree that it's not the right time though. I just don't have a lot of faith in our bullpen right now, and that's why I threw that idea out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean that since SEA did it we should. I just was just that as an example that it was very possible for a kid with very good stuff to make the leap from AA and be effective in the majors. I agree that it's not the right time though. I just don't have a lot of faith in our bullpen right now, and that's why I threw that idea out there.

I never argued a kid couldn't make the jump from AA to the major. Tepesch did it, and Martinez has done it. But it's not the right time for Jackson. I know our bullpen needs help but scheppers is on his way.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Kid looks pretty good to me. In either case, neither of those ideas are good IMO.

I just don't think he's that great, at this point anyways. I would put him in the same category as Tepesch. Average ML pitchers, but where does Martinez fit? Next year will be Yu, Perez, Harry, and Holland. I guess he could battle for the 5 spot in ST next year, but I could see him being a part of a trade before I see him winning a spot in the rotation next year. Just my opinion though. Nothing but a prediction.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never argued a kid couldn't make the jump from AA to the major. Tepesch did it, and Martinez has done it. But it's not the right time for Jackson. I know our bullpen needs help but scheppers is on his way.

I know you never said that. I never said you did. It doesn't matter. I agree it's not the right time, and you're right, Scheppers should help.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember earlier game - 8:10 start