• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but JP's numbers so far don't warrant a ML roster spot.
No, and that's where the argument should be made. He sucks and has no business even backing up right now.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and that's where the argument should be made. He sucks and has no business even backing up right now.

The freaking passed balls tonight in the ninth, in what started off as a 1 run lead don't help. His defense is garbage too. He did throw a runner out by 8ft from his knees but that doesn't help the over all crap product he has been, so far at least.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually missed seeing Kouz in the lineup tonight (nothing to do with Beltre being back, KK could have DH'd). I have honestly never seen a team have so many guys go down with injuries in a couple year span. Mind boggling

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks RD, hate to hear that about your Mom. I wish her the best, back pain is no fun. My wife is in medical device sales and she deals with chronic back pain patients daily. Now she gets to deal with me at home too.

Thanks for the well wishes for my Mom... hope u get back on your feet quickly. Sux we ended up losing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Abreu who many were interested in, hit HR's 8 & 9 tonight.

Prince has 2 right? he should have 4 by the end of May at that rate. Kidding but not

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the well wishes for my Mom... hope u get back on your feet quickly. Sux we ended up losing

I appreciate it, the hardest part for me is trying not to push the limits. 3 weeks ago I was playing indoor soccer and softball every week and now I'm relegated to not doing anything that could further damage my discs. Which is almost anything. Never been good at sitting out of anything. Oh well it will get better in time.

Losses like that are tough but they had opportunity to stake claim to a bigger lead a couple times and didn't execute. Well the good news is there is more baseball tomorrow

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate it, the hardest part for me is trying not to push the limits. 3 weeks ago I was playing indoor soccer and softball every week and now I'm relegated to not doing anything that could further damage my discs. Which is almost anything. Never been good at sitting out of anything. Oh well it will get better in time.

Losses like that are tough but they had opportunity to stake claim to a bigger lead a couple times and didn't execute. Well the good news is there is more baseball tomorrow

Yeah, I'm proud of where we are considering everything... just one game.

Also... like you said... you will get better with time. Just take care of yourself and don't hesitate to get 2nd or even 3rd or 4th opinions. Personally, I think keeping a good attitude and setting attainable goals for rehab help more than anything.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm proud of where we are considering everything... just one game.

Also... like you said... you will get better with time. Just take care of yourself and don't hesitate to get 2nd or even 3rd or 4th opinions. Personally, I think keeping a good attitude and setting attainable goals for rehab help more than anything.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Hope Colby pitches well again tomorrow, hard not to root for that guy

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN:

On Friday, lefty Robinson Cano started the trouble and lefty Kyle Seager finished him off, but it was the three right-handers he failed to retire that complicated issues. Lefties are now 7-for-15 against Cotts this season.

Stefen Romero followed with a bunt up the third base line that was bungled because catcher J.P. Arencibia collided with charging third baseman Adrian Beltre. Beltre has the priority on that ball.

I didn't get to watch the game, but this play between JPA and Beltre is ridiculous.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also left way too many guys on in scoring position.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also left way too many guys on in scoring position.
Yep, that's why we lost this game, IMO. We had two opportunities with runners on second and third and one out, and only got one run in due to a wild pitch.

Cotts is no longer effective as the set up man, at least not now. Problem is, he's our only lefty reliever right now...

Our offense right now cannot afford to carry a liability like Arencibia in the lineup. We need production from everybody with as injured as we are...I think we need to seriously look at this Nicholas in AAA as a backup to Cheerios...

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN:

On Friday, lefty Robinson Cano started the trouble and lefty Kyle Seager finished him off, but it was the three right-handers he failed to retire that complicated issues. Lefties are now 7-for-15 against Cotts this season.

Stefen Romero followed with a bunt up the third base line that was bungled because catcher J.P. Arencibia collided with charging third baseman Adrian Beltre. Beltre has the priority on that ball.

I didn't get to watch the game, but this play between JPA and Beltre is ridiculous.

It was a perfect bunt by Romero and it would have been a tough play for Beltre to make, having to charge in that far, scoop, and throw off balance. But, it's a play Beltre's made many times before and the replay showed that he likely would have had him at first had Arencibia not followed the ball down the 3B line and been hovering over it and directly in Beltre's way. It was just a terrible play by JPA.

Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with that guy. I mean, I know he sucks in general, but no major leaguer should suck this badly. I didn't think it would ever be possible to actually miss Yorvit Torrealba as a backup catcher. We've just about reached that low point now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a perfect bunt by Romero and it would have been a tough play for Beltre to make, having to charge in that far, scoop, and throw off balance. But, it's a play Beltre's made many times before and the replay showed that he likely would have had him at first had Arencibia not followed the ball down the 3B line and been hovering over it and directly in Beltre's way. It was just a terrible play by JPA.

Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with that guy. I mean, I know he sucks in general, but no major leaguer should suck this badly. I didn't think it would ever be possible to actually miss Yorvit Torrealba as a backup catcher. We've just about reached that low point now.

Just think, a few seasons ago this guy was rookie-of-the-year in the NL. What on earth has happened?

But today, it's time to cut bait and try a new back up catcher. It's that simple.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, a few seasons ago this guy was rookie-of-the-year in the NL. What on earth has happened?

But today, it's time to cut bait and try a new back up catcher. It's that simple.

Soto was the rookie of the year. And he's still a very serviceable back up.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengie's put on a few pounds, but we could throw him out there. :lol:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soto was the rookie of the year. And he's still a very serviceable back up.

Oops.....I stand corrected.

I knew it was Soto, my brain just went on vacation on me.

And Soto was in line to catch full time with JPA being his backup. Strange turn of events to say the least.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. This x 1,000,000.

Even after Cotts blew the lead and showed no signs of any kind of command, Wash left him in to tack on a few more. And he does this all the time. He waits until the game is totally out of reach to make the switch. It's almost like he thinks "well, we just have up the lead... what's a few more runs against at this point".

never ceases to amaze me, watch almost any decent manager...a guy is getting shelled, they get pulled. (yes there may be other factors, I'm talking in general)
but not on this team.

I've been saying it for years, he waits too long...so freaking frustrating

ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH