• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much the record that bothers me. I know this team, if healthy, would be better than this, but I'm just not seeing them have any fun out there. The chemistry seems to be lacking.

I agree with you on the chemistry thing to an extent but I think chemistry comes with time and also with wins. Because lets face it, winning is fun. Lots of these guys haven't been playing with each other all that long either and some are completely new to having an everyday role. Listen, I agree if they play like this the entire season- they are not going anywhere. They have however showed that they can win some games as well and have put together some really nice games. Crappy losses like tonight don't take away from that. I prefer to think they will turn things around than the alternative- be more optimistic.. because why not- either way you don't know the future.

To me I would say the team chemistry tends to go as Andrus does- as of now at least. I think Cruz was very well liked in the clubhouse too and had a lot to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting Holland, Soto, and Profar would help. Winning would help. Beltre, Fielder, and the other leader on this team (EA) starting to produce runs would help.

I don't get the impression that Fielder is that much of a leader which is fine with me as long as he turns things around and lives up to at least 75% of that contract.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll be damned if this one didn't go completely the opposite way I thought it would. Hope Ross doesn't suck again tomorrow

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll be damned if this one didn't go completely the opposite way I thought it would. Hope Ross doesn't suck again tomorrow

Seems like that has been the story of SP that last week or so but Ross has shown he can put together a good game. Hopefully he gets it back on the right track tomorrow. I guess as long as we can split this strange 4 game stretch I will be happy. Then hopefully beat up on the Sox like we have the past 4 seasons or so. Saturday is a must win because ticket prices vs the Sox on a Saturday are too ridiculous to for them lose. Somehow I talked myself into buying some- still should be fun and good to see Nap.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the chemistry thing to an extent but I think chemistry comes with time and also with wins. Because lets face it, winning is fun. Lots of these guys haven't been playing with each other all that long either and some are completely new to having an everyday role. Listen, I agree if they play like this the entire season- they are not going anywhere. They have however showed that they can win some games as well and have put together some really nice games. Crappy losses like tonight don't take away from that. I prefer to think they will turn things around than the alternative- be more optimistic.. because why not- either way you don't know the future.

To me I would say the team chemistry tends to go as Andrus does- as of now at least. I think Cruz was very well liked in the clubhouse too and had a lot to do with it.
I would have signed Cruz on his chemistry alone. But it wasn't meant to be. JD took risks this year wrestling with the chemistry subtracting Kinsler, Cruz and Gentry. Hope it pays off not just this year but the years to come.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have signed Cruz on his chemistry alone. But it wasn't meant to be. JD took risks this year wrestling with the chemistry subtracting Kinsler, Cruz and Gentry. Hope it pays off not just this year but the years to come.

Me too and so far it has pretty much worked out the opposite way I expected. I thought Choo would start off sort of slow as he adjusted back to AL pitching and new league with what I perceive to have better pitching than the NL Central. I thought Fielder would be tearing it up at this point. I'm really excited about Choo though, I can't think of anyone else I would prefer hitting lead off for us now.

Need to get some engineers to the Ballpark to get the jet stream going again!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we see the good version of Robbie Ross tomorrow.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much the record that bothers me. I know this team, if healthy, would be better than this, but I'm just not seeing them have any fun out there. The chemistry seems to be lacking.

I have no idea how this particular team's chemistry is, but I do know that multiple players (both current and former) have spoken about how the chemistry is nowhere near as good now as it was in 2010-2011. The clubhouse with Napoli, Young, Kinsler, Cruz, Murphy, Beltre, and Elvis was by all accounts a group that had tons of fun playing together and playing for one another. When JD let most of those guys go and replaced them with the likes of Pierzynski, Fielder, Rios, etc., the close-knit feeling was lost. I'm not saying JD made a mistake in letting guys like Young and Murphy go at all. He made the right calls talent-wise for sure. But a team that loves each other a ton and plays loose like they're genuinely having fun can be a tough team to beat.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this particular team's chemistry is, but I do know that multiple players (both current and former) have spoken about how the chemistry is nowhere near as good now as it was in 2010-2011. The clubhouse with Napoli, Young, Kinsler, Cruz, Murphy, Beltre, and Elvis was by all accounts a group that had tons of fun playing together and playing for one another. When JD let most of those guys go and replaced them with the likes of Pierzynski, Fielder, Rios, etc., the close-knit feeling was lost. I'm not saying JD made a mistake in letting guys like Young and Murphy go at all. He made the right calls talent-wise for sure. But a team that loves each other a ton and plays loose like they're genuinely having fun can be a tough team to beat.
Those were special times and it showed in how far they went those two magical years. JD tried to keep it together but Napoli and Hamilton didn't want to stay, Young just got too old. And the hardest thing to do is keep a core together a certain period of time with any amount of success.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were special times and it showed in how far they went those two magical years. JD tried to keep it together but Napoli and Hamilton didn't want to stay, Young just got too old. And the hardest thing to do is keep a core together a certain period of time with any amount of success.

Yep. They all had to leave for valid reasons, either due to age, getting overpaid elsewhere, or just wanting to leave. JD didn't have much choice. But I do miss the fun those guys used to have together. The claw and antlers, as cheesy as they were, really showed those guys had a ton of fun cheering for one another. Working with people you genuinely like to be around sure beats having to show up to work with people you can somewhat tolerate.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I was saying in the off season about the how the front office not being loyal to their own FA might come back to haunt them in unexpected ways. Chemistry was really the motivating factor of those comments. Also, I think it may introduce possible trust issues between the players and ownership- make them question there own loyalty to ownership of the team. Will ownership just trade me? Should I get close to anyone as I may not be here much longer? Makes them wonder about other things than baseball which is never good. I think little things like this hinting the club is bad news at any point. I could be completely wrong but I know if I started to see lots of my friends walking out the door it would effect me and my attitude some. I would like thing my work ethic would be the same but when your frustrated with who you are working for I just think its easier to get distracted from your work.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Napoli wanted to stay pretty badly we just went a different direction for some reason. I think he wanted more time than we were willing to go hence the first deal with the Sox. Even after the 1 year deal with the Sox we had a shot at him but we had AJ by then and it looked like Nap's days as a C were over anyway.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They all had to leave for valid reasons, either due to age, getting overpaid elsewhere, or just wanting to leave. JD didn't have much choice. But I do miss the fun those guys used to have together. The claw and antlers, as cheesy as they were, really showed those guys had a ton of fun cheering for one another. Working with people you genuinely like to be around sure beats having to show up to work with people you can somewhat tolerate.
Loved the deer and antler thing, it really showed the solidarity they had together. Don't think they really do anything now like that. That is why I think they missed Profar and possibly Soto the most. There is a camaraderie their with Elvis, Beltre and Martin with Profar. It may go along way to added chemistry.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli wanted to stay pretty badly we just went a different direction for some reason. I think he wanted more time than we were willing to go hence the first deal with the Sox. Even after the 1 year deal with the Sox we had a shot at him but we had AJ by then and it looked like Nap's days as a C were over anyway.
Nap wanted (rightfully) to be a first baseman and JD was married to Mitch. We tried to get Nap this past off season again but he now really loved Boston.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our starting pitching the last 10 days or so has been starting to become sorta what i thought it would be. They got off to such a good start that it looks like they simply couldnt maintain, because i mean until harry and colby get back into the swing of things completely, its just an average rotation.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having a good feeling about Ross pitching against this team tonight. I hope I am wrong but he has not looked good the last few starts. If I have it figured correctly Tepesch pitches tonight as well. Would not mind seeing him plugged into this rotation until Holland gets back.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the deer and antler thing, it really showed the solidarity they had together. Don't think they really do anything now like that.

Elvis does... Prince does... watch when either of them gets a big hit.

Sometimes its an "x" motion, other times...its like pulling a string/rope tight. (hands in...then move away from each other)