• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but being about two games above .500 just doesn't fill me with warm fuzzies about this team, you know what I mean?

Exactly. The 3rd best record in the AL doesn't mean a whole lot to me when Seattle is close to being within 1 game of us.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but being about two games above .500 just doesn't fill me with warm fuzzies about this team, you know what I mean?

With all the injuries... I'm actually impressed that we have been this good. Let's not forget things pretty much started off this same way. I think it took is 7-10 games to get our first back to back wins Truth is no teams have really looked all that intimidating in the AL so far. .. it's wide open still.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I do watch our rivals. We need to stay close or we have no shot when we get healthy. The standings are just as important now as they are a month from now.

I disagree... it does matter if we slip a ton of games back but there is nothing happening right now to suggest that will occur. You would have to presume that not only we are going to start losing more often but also presume other teams like the Halos and Ms are going to start winning more than they have... why do that?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the injuries... I'm actually impressed that we have been this good. Let's not forget things pretty much started off this same way. I think it took is 7-10 games to get our first back to back wins Truth is no teams have really looked all that intimidating in the AL so far. .. it's wide open still.
Very wide open. Scarily wide open, one would say.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That commercial with Maddux is awesome.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... it does matter if we slip a ton of games back but there is nothing happening right now to suggest that will occur. You would have to presume that not only we are going to start losing more often but also presume other teams like the Halos and Ms are going to start winning more than they have... why do that?

We're 4-6 in the last 10, not counting this one. We haven't been hitting consistently and our starters haven't been great. I think there's a lot to suggest it could turn for the worse here. I hope not.

The M's HAVE been winning since they played us.

Frisco123

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Lyles had a 19.26 era against Texas 7 innings pitched 18 hits 15 runs allowed, so is this good pitching or shitty hitting tonight?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulowitzki's putting up some ridiculous numbers right now.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year Lyles had a 19.26 era against Texas 7 innings pitched 18 hits 15 runs allowed, so is this good pitching or shitty hitting tonight?
Wash will say good pitching

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just making a statement. It's very possible. I don't think I was being dramatic. I'm not sure he knew that while we have the 3rd best record in the AL there are a bunch of teams on our ass. Including the 2 directly behind us. I don't really agree with the "it's early" mindset. All games count the same.

I agree with you.... The " it's early" mindset is something the players and coaches use to get through the long grind of the regular season. Realistically, you can't get too upset about one regular season loss or particularly excited about one regular season win. Fans don't have to travel from city to city, stay in a bunch of hotels, and suffer from things like time zone changes and jet lag. Fans have the luxury of tracking the standings year round, because unlike the players and coaches, we don't have to worry about looking at them and getting burnt out. The games early count just as much as the games late. I'm watching the standings too and I think the best thing the Rangers can hope is for things to be as tight as possible, as long as nobody runs away with this thing ( fuck you Oakland and Bob Melvin) they should have as good a chance as anyone when they get their team healthy.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 4-6 in the last 10, not counting this one. We haven't been hitting consistently and our starters haven't been great. I think there's a lot to suggest it could turn for the worse here. I hope not.

The M's HAVE been winning since they played us.

We where also 4-6 in 10 game span from April 4th to the 14. Many were overly dramatic or pessimistic then to and then we turned around to to go on a 5 game winning streak and 8-2 over the next 10. It's a long season and it will be full of lots of ups and downs.

Frisco123

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 doubles for the Rockies tonight

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We where also 4-6 in 10 game span from April 4th to the 14. Many were overly dramatic or pessimistic then to and then we turned around to to go on a 5 game winning streak and 8-2 over the next 10. It's a long season and it will be full of lots of ups and downs.

It's not so much the record that bothers me. I know this team, if healthy, would be better than this, but I'm just not seeing them have any fun out there. The chemistry seems to be lacking.

Frisco123

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much the record that bothers me. I know this team, if healthy, would be better than this, but I'm just not seeing them have any fun out there. The chemistry seems to be lacking.

So how do they get the chemistry going? It should start at the top I would thing? I'm with you don't see it with this group,

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how do they get the chemistry going? It should start at the top I would thing? I'm with you don't see it with this group,
Getting Profar back would help, I would think.