• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone with espn insider paste the 1st mlb mock draft on espn right now? I'm interested to see who they think the rangers get. Now, I realize that the mlb draft is damn near impossible to pick compared to others, but still. Yesterday, it was reported that Jeff Hoffman (who was rated as the second best pitcher in the draft) would have to undergo tommy john surgery. If he falls all the way to texas, we gotta take him. It's a risk, but he was a can't miss prospect, and we seem to always pass those kind of pitchers up. Let him rehab, and see what becomes of him. Hell, we don't have a first round pick anyway, so if he falls to us I think we go for it without a doubt.

I tried but I saw no mock draft, just a listing of the top 100 prospects

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed choo, so we dont have a first, and baltimore is giving us their second round pick because they signed someone before cruz (ubaldo? someone like that).

My friend has been on assignments in Fayetteville, Tulsa (ORU) and a couple of high schools. Baseball draft is different from other drafts. With other drafts, you usually evaluate your needs and draft. In baseball, you usually just draft the best player available, or you can do what st.louis has done, and draft the guys with the highest ceilings. You're scouting department has to be REALLY reliable to do this. My complaint about the ranger's drafts is that we haven't taken enough risks, which is why i was happy last year when we took bostick. There are so many picks in the mlb draft I simply don't see why risk taking isnt used more often.

They don't have any players for Arkansas or Oral Roberts in the Top 100.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed choo, so we dont have a first, and baltimore is giving us their second round pick because they signed someone before cruz (ubaldo? someone like that).

My friend has been on assignments in Fayetteville, Tulsa (ORU) and a couple of high schools. Baseball draft is different from other drafts. With other drafts, you usually evaluate your needs and draft. In baseball, you usually just draft the best player available, or you can do what st.louis has done, and draft the guys with the highest ceilings. You're scouting department has to be REALLY reliable to do this. My complaint about the ranger's drafts is that we haven't taken enough risks, which is why i was happy last year when we took bostick. There are so many picks in the mlb draft I simply don't see why risk taking isnt used more often.
Couldn't we trade up in the draft or is that not done in MLB? At least we don't hear about it. Everyone seems to stay put.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RangerBlake: Rangers add INFS Rougned Odor and Luis Sardinas and RHP Justin Germano to roster. INF Josh Wilson and RHP Scott Baker des. for assignment.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RangerBlake: Rangers add INFS Rougned Odor and Luis Sardinas and RHP Justin Germano to roster. INF Josh Wilson and RHP Scott Baker des. for assignment.

I'm glad. I would rather let the kids get some ML experience. We're losing right now anyways and Wilson has been awful at the plate for awhile. I'm not sure I understand des. Baker. He's been the only one able to get the Rockies out.

I would love to see Odor get the start tonight. I'm sure it will be a few days though. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised they added Sardinas and Odor. Maybe they're trying to get Elvis going by showing him his possible replacement is on the roster.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have any players for Arkansas or Oral Roberts in the Top 100.

He doesn't necessarily scout players in the top 100. He scouts draftable prospects, whether that be 1st round or 40th or borderline draft or a simple senior sign.

He has a region he is assigned to, and if there aren't any 1st round picks in the region then he's gotta scout who he can. They have a specific number of assignments that they have to report. He did get to scout ChiChi last year though, that was pretty cool. He was also responsible for Gentry.

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried but I saw no mock draft, just a listing of the top 100 prospects

could you post that? I'm interested to see where they have hoffman listed after having TJ

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no, you cannot trade up or down in the baseball draft. it is also unique in this way

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's been mentioned (on my phone)...but Odor has been called up.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Murphy was placed on the DL. That means Odor or Sardinas will have to start, if it doesn't get rained out. I'm excited.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahh yes, figured someone would have it.

:suds:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. Murphy was placed on the DL. That means Odor or Sardinas will have to start, if it doesn't get rained out. I'm excited.

Odor's the starting 2b till Profar gets back... IMO

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor's the starting 2b till Profar gets back... IMO

I think he should have been after the others started to cool off, which was weeks ago. We're losing with the way we've been doing it. Try something new. We need a spark. It should light a fire under Elvis too. I'm afraid EA is who he is. I see no progression. I expected his power to come around and it's just not happening. He's a .270 hitter w/ no power, and not many doubles. That contract is not looking good right now. I expect Profar to be our SS of the future. We need Odor to excel though.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little change is fine with me cuz holy fuck balls we need it