• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hits...3 hits off a guy with an ERA over 5. We'll face another one tomorrow. Maybe we could try to be the first ones to score.

One of the bright spots: Choice had a good night and should be in the 2 hole again tomorrow. Sit Rios, and play Moreland at 1st w/ Fielder as the DH. There's my line-up for tomorrow. Maybe Choice in CF with Leonys getting the day off. Either way.

The other bright spot: Baker did a good job of saving the pen.

Baker was a good pitcher before his injury. I am not understanding the reasoning of leaving Ross in as a starter as he has been blown up lately.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker was a good pitcher before his injury. I am not understanding the reasoning of leaving Ross in as a starter as he has been blown up lately.

Could be said about Perez though too...
After his back to back complete game shutouts - he's been rocked.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This in the DMN today:

The rotation ERA has risen to 4.79, fourth-highest in the majors. Only the Chicago White Sox, Minnesota and Arizona have a higher rotation ERA.

Colorado had 12 hits in only 20 at-bats against Lewis. The last nine batters he faced produced seven hits and two sacrifice flies.

“We haven’t discussed moving anyone,” Washington said. “Robbie Ross is young at taking the mound and trying to get 27 outs. The things he’s going through are what you’d call experience.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chances for rain I hope?Fuck playing the Rockies. Everything they hit either finds a hole or goes over the fence.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, as horrible as this week has been, if we win today we don't lose any ground in the division. Would still be 2 games back.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flip side, as horrible as this week has been, if we win today we don't lose any ground in the division. Would still be 2 games back.
That tells me the rest of the division is not doing much better and lots of time left to play.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be said about Perez though too...
After his back to back complete game shutouts - he's been rocked.

Yeah he has but he does gave a small track record based off of last year and this that makes you think he will get it straightened out.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You expect that Wash is the only one that makes that decision?

You cant be serious...

Apparently you have not been watching the games. Wash makes plenty of dumb ass decisions, without anybody helping him. And if you think somebody is helping, why don't you tell us who is helping him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tells me the rest of the division is not doing much better and lots of time left to play.

Yup..... Win today or rain out today and it's not the end of the world. Losing today would piss me off, there is nothing worse then getting beat 4 out of 4 and in a dominating way.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup..... Win today or rain out today and it's not the end of the world. Losing today would piss me off, there is nothing worse then getting beat 4 out of 4 and in a dominating way.
Helluva way we can lose today 6 - 5 and call it a victory.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you have not been watching the games. Wash makes plenty of dumb ass decisions, without anybody helping him. And if you think somebody is helping, why don't you tell us who is helping him.

So you honestly think Wash himself makes the call on who's a starter and who's a reliever??? :L
Cause based off your comment...that's what you are saying.
:L:L:L

Now, I will agree he makes some stupid in-game decisions...but to think he doesn't have help in those decisions (occasionally) or in personnel decisions is just absurd.

If you (or anyone on this board) HONESTLY believe(s) that Wash determines who is a starter/reliever/called up/sent down/etc......then it just re-affirms that some on this board have a relatively low baseball IQ - and should just stick to watching the games vs. talking about them.

Wash plays a role / has a VOICE in the matter. But there are coaches, scouts, front office personnel, etc that come to a collective agreement on who goes where.

Wash deserves a lot of the criticism that many show him here...but some of the things you all blame him for is just hilarious.

attachment.php

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone with espn insider paste the 1st mlb mock draft on espn right now? I'm interested to see who they think the rangers get. Now, I realize that the mlb draft is damn near impossible to pick compared to others, but still. Yesterday, it was reported that Jeff Hoffman (who was rated as the second best pitcher in the draft) would have to undergo tommy john surgery. If he falls all the way to texas, we gotta take him. It's a risk, but he was a can't miss prospect, and we seem to always pass those kind of pitchers up. Let him rehab, and see what becomes of him. Hell, we don't have a first round pick anyway, so if he falls to us I think we go for it without a doubt.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will someone with espn insider paste the 1st mlb mock draft on espn right now? I'm interested to see who they think the rangers get. Now, I realize that the mlb draft is damn near impossible to pick compared to others, but still. Yesterday, it was reported that Jeff Hoffman (who was rated as the second best pitcher in the draft) would have to undergo tommy john surgery. If he falls all the way to texas, we gotta take him. It's a risk, but he was a can't miss prospect, and we seem to always pass those kind of pitchers up. Let him rehab, and see what becomes of him. Hell, we don't have a first round pick anyway, so if he falls to us I think we go for it without a doubt.
What is our pick situation, Terps? Why no first and what is the Baltimore pick from Cruz? Who does your scout buddy say we're looking at? Doesn't this all happen in June?

Prefer this draft than this NFL draft tonight. Which is more important than the NBA draft Cuban doesn't give a hang about.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is our pick situation, Terps? Why no first and what is the Baltimore pick from Cruz? Who does your scout buddy say we're looking at? Doesn't this all happen in June?

Prefer this draft than this NFL draft tonight. Which is more important than the NBA draft Cuban doesn't give a hang about.

So frustrating... The Mavs always piss away the draft

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed choo, so we dont have a first, and baltimore is giving us their second round pick because they signed someone before cruz (ubaldo? someone like that).

My friend has been on assignments in Fayetteville, Tulsa (ORU) and a couple of high schools. Baseball draft is different from other drafts. With other drafts, you usually evaluate your needs and draft. In baseball, you usually just draft the best player available, or you can do what st.louis has done, and draft the guys with the highest ceilings. You're scouting department has to be REALLY reliable to do this. My complaint about the ranger's drafts is that we haven't taken enough risks, which is why i was happy last year when we took bostick. There are so many picks in the mlb draft I simply don't see why risk taking isnt used more often.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not a mock draft. They just released the first version of Keith Law's Big Board Rankings of draft prospects. It doesn't project which teams will pick which players.