• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Colorado Rockies 5/5 - 5/6

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'll be sellers at the deadline, regardless of our record. Just sayin.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be selling to get better at the deadline. The record won't matter. We have an abundance of MIFers. I don't know that we would move EA during the year though.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say that we wont be sellers, I mean that our starters are off the table I think. I think if we were to trade someone like odor, it would be to get a game changer this year, which would be buying. We do have an abundance, but we know who our starters are for the near future.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, how do you pronounce rougned's name? I've only seen it written, never spoken

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say that we wont be sellers, I mean that our starters are off the table I think. I think if we were to trade someone like odor, it would be to get a game changer this year, which would be buying. We do have an abundance, but we know who our starters are for the near future.

I really am starting to think that EA will eventually be the one that's moved. The thought was always in the back of my mind. The fact that Profar got hurt didn't help because JD doesn't know what he has yet.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're out of it, and someone makes us a great offer...hey I'll listen...(if I was the GM :laugh3:). I think Rios is another possibility...

...only if we're truly out of the race...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we're gonna win, its gonna be a completely healthy version of this team, maybe with one more pitcher. We've been very unlucky, cuz not only are people hurt, but our best hitter hasn't done a thing all season. Our pitching is about where I thought it would be with all the injuries. Maybe EA goes, but I definitely think he should stay because he's a big part of this team being successful when we are.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully we hear some ROOOGGGGG cheers tonight

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're out of it, and someone makes us a great offer...hey I'll listen...(if I was the GM :laugh3:). I think Rios is another possibility...

...only if we're truly out of the race...

I know Rios is batting .300 or so, but I'm not really interested in bringing him back. I don't like his attitude or the way he plays the game.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's the weather...I have the draft on...will just follow the Rangers on Gamecast tonight..

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am starting to think that EA will eventually be the one that's moved. The thought was always in the back of my mind. The fact that Profar got hurt didn't help because JD doesn't know what he has yet.

As it stands right now, I can't imagine how we could move EA without eating ten's of millions.

He's regressed for the last season plus, has zero power, and is owed over $100 mil. That's just not something many people want.

But I'm still holding out hope he comes back around, starts hitting again and with doubles type power, being good at short.

Because as you noted, we don't really have even a decent idea on what the future holds for Odor & Profar.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Rios is batting .300 or so, but I'm not really interested in bringing him back. I don't like his attitude or the way he plays the game.
He has his good days and his bad days...and often they occur in the same game! He's very frustrating...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now, I can't imagine how we could move EA without eating ten's of millions.

He's regressed for the last season plus, has zero power, and is owed over $100 mil. That's just not something many people want.

But I'm still holding out hope he comes back around, starts hitting again and with doubles type power, being good at short.

Because as you noted, we don't really have even a decent idea on what the future holds for Odor & Profar.

exactly. plus, i think he plays a big part on this team. Usually when we are successful, he is too.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has his good days and his bad days...and often they occur in the same game! He's very frustrating...

It's his lack of hustle, and the fact that he doesn't leave it all on the field. That's what I dislike about him. His approach with RISP is garbage too.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wahoo! I'm probably the last to chime in on this but excited to see Odor tonight. Profar might be looking over his shoulder about now.