• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw earlier post re Profar says everything would have to go right which is the exact opposite of what has happened so far. Best case scenario mentioned is Profar doing great AAA health and game. At that point, Elvis could be moved at the break. Now equally best case is Elvis reinventing himself so he handles pressure better IMO
He kind of reinvented himself in the middle of this year.

He has always handled pressure well until the one inning yesterday. That is probably a fluke when you consider that it didn't show up in two long postseason runs before nor did it show up in the 41 innings this postseason prior to the one inning yesterday.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Banister learned the 'Russell Martin rule' when he hit batter with thrown ball in minors | SportsDay

In the seventh inning, Toronto catcher Russell Martin hit Shin-Soo Choo, standing in the batter's box, with a routine throw to the pitcher. Rougned Odor alertly ran in from third, but plate umpire Dale Scott sent him back to third, saying it was a dead ball.

Banister immediately left the dugout. He knew from experience that the ball was in play because Choo was in the box and had not intentionally interfered with Martin. Banister did the same thing as a catcher in Pittsburgh's minor-league system.

Scott, a respected crew chief, listened and acknowledged a mistake. After reviewing the play with the other umpires and going over the rule -- 6.03 (a) (3) -- with the command center in New York, he awarded the run and a 3-2 lead to the Rangers.

"I mixed up two rules and called time," Scott said. "Then it started clicking. I went 'Wait a minute. Wait a minute.' ... Even if I had not called time, he was on his way, so we scored the run."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Banister learned the 'Russell Martin rule' when he hit batter with thrown ball in minors | SportsDay

In the seventh inning, Toronto catcher Russell Martin hit Shin-Soo Choo, standing in the batter's box, with a routine throw to the pitcher. Rougned Odor alertly ran in from third, but plate umpire Dale Scott sent him back to third, saying it was a dead ball.

Banister immediately left the dugout. He knew from experience that the ball was in play because Choo was in the box and had not intentionally interfered with Martin. Banister did the same thing as a catcher in Pittsburgh's minor-league system.

Scott, a respected crew chief, listened and acknowledged a mistake. After reviewing the play with the other umpires and going over the rule -- 6.03 (a) (3) -- with the command center in New York, he awarded the run and a 3-2 lead to the Rangers.

"I mixed up two rules and called time," Scott said. "Then it started clicking. I went 'Wait a minute. Wait a minute.' ... Even if I had not called time, he was on his way, so we scored the run."

Great post......I had no idea of how in the world did Banister even know to challenge this call?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upset with the way things ended, but the Rangers definitely over achieved this year and the future once again looks bright in Arlington. Hopefully this offseason they can find another bat or 2 for the lineup. The pitching looks rock solid once Yu gets back into the mix.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upset with the way things ended, but the Rangers definitely over achieved this year and the future once again looks bright in Arlington. Hopefully this offseason they can find another bat or 2 for the lineup. The pitching looks rock solid once Yu gets back into the mix.

We need to improve our production in LF and either 1b or DH. Not to take anything away from Mitch and Prince. They both did well, but we didn't get 30 homers or 100 RBI from any player this year. I don't think we can really count on Hamilton for much, mostly due to his health. I think when he's in the lineup he'll produce. Hopefully one of Mazara, Brinson, Gallo, or Rua show they're ready to take the reigns this next season. Actually, as much as I like DDJ, I'm hoping Brinson can take charge for us in CF.

I'm ok with what Choo did once he got going in the second half, and as long as that's closer to the Choo we see going forward I don't necessarily want to see him dumped.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to improve our production in LF and either 1b or DH. Not to take anything away from Mitch and Prince. They both did well, but we didn't get 30 homers or 100 RBI from any player this year. I don't think we can really count on Hamilton for much, mostly due to his health. I think when he's in the lineup he'll produce. Hopefully one of Mazara, Brinson, Gallo, or Rua show they're ready to take the reigns this next season.

I'm ok with what Choo did once he got going in the second half, and as long as that's closer to the Choo we see going forward I don't necessarily want to see him dumped.

He was arguably the best player in the AL in the 2nd half of the season. If he performs like that for a full season, we better not be dumping him.

Prince's power numbers were off and Mitch has always been hot and cold. We definitely need solid production out of left field...preferably a right handed stick if there's one out there to be had. Hamilton is not the answer and neither is Napoli.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would it have to be that way?

$$$$$$

As it sits currently, 10 players are under contract to make $120 million next year. Factor in raises for arbitration... and that should put the Rangers at or over what they opened up this season at (~140 million)

That's before signing any free agents.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan should have his voting privelages revoked. His track record is pathetic.

Evan is pathetic

Headed to Todd and Rhonda's to drop of this pup today, hope I don't come home with another. My wife would be pretty upset, haha!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan is pathetic

Headed to Todd and Rhonda's to drop of this pup today, hope I don't come home with another. My wife would be pretty upset, haha!

Ha. Don't get in too deep. Soon you'll wind up with me with 5 kennel runs and at least one dog in training constantly. :lol:

Have you seen some of his dogs that are farther along in training work yet?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Don't get in too deep. Soon you'll wind up with me with 5 kennel runs and at least one dog in training constantly. :lol:

Have you seen some of his dogs that are farther along in training work yet?

Haven't seen any work yet, but I'll get back up here quite a bit and hopefully I'll see him work some of them soon.

Yeah I'm looking at some land now and thinking about building a new house. I've already got the plans drawn up for 4 kennels and runs, and that's just for the bird dogs. The rest will be in the house, we are big animal people

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to improve our production in LF and either 1b or DH. Not to take anything away from Mitch and Prince. They both did well, but we didn't get 30 homers or 100 RBI from any player this year. I don't think we can really count on Hamilton for much, mostly due to his health. I think when he's in the lineup he'll produce. Hopefully one of Mazara, Brinson, Gallo, or Rua show they're ready to take the reigns this next season. Actually, as much as I like DDJ, I'm hoping Brinson can take charge for us in CF.

That being said, does DDJ go to LF or do we pursue a big stick?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, does DDJ go to LF or do we pursue a big stick?

If Brinson can take hold of CF, DeShields will have solid trade value. I'd look elsewhere for our LF in one of Mazara, Gallo, or a FA bat.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any work yet, but I'll get back up here quite a bit and hopefully I'll see him work some of them soon.

Yeah I'm looking at some land now and thinking about building a new house. I've already got the plans drawn up for 4 kennels and runs, and that's just for the bird dogs. The rest will be in the house, we are big animal people

Todd's got me really fired up about my guy. Says he thinks he'll be able to run masters and maybe derby in the spring.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brinson can take hold of CF, DeShields will have solid trade value. I'd look elsewhere for our LF in one of Mazara, Gallo, or a FA bat.

Although Brinson has been a bright light in the minors, he doesn't seem to have a power bat. And as much as I love DeShields, he's never going to be anything other than a LO hitter, albeit, a pretty darn good one. If Brinson takes center, then we've got to have a LF RBI man.

Moreland is arbitration eligible this year. So I'm wondering if the Rangers don't try to move him and convert Gallo to 1st?

This hold any merit?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Brinson has been a bright light in the minors, he doesn't seem to have a power bat. And as much as I love DeShields, he's never going to be anything other than a LO hitter, albeit, a pretty darn good one. If Brinson takes center, then we've got to have a LF RBI man.

Moreland is arbitration eligible this year. So I'm wondering if the Rangers don't try to move him and convert Gallo to 1st?

This hold any merit?

It's possible, but I'm not sure they don't try to leave Gallo in OF or at 3b to take advantage of his arm.

Last season Brinson hit 20 homers in 100 games. Now that was in a combined 3 different leagues, but nevertheless that's very good for a CF. he also had a 1.004 OPS. Id say that power potential is definitely there. Certainly more so than with DDJ.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, this is not even a possibility. When you've played any game, you know the guys who come through in the clutch and the one's who don't. Elvis is in the don't category, and this isn't something you learn or practice. Intestinal fortitude is something youre either born with or your not.

He's got a good mentor next to him at 3rd in Beltre he can learn from. Just needs to listen