• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get everyone is pissed at Andrus...he was pretty down himself.

Still who is out there to target that is attainable who would be considerably better? There is no guarantee Profar finds his game next season after missing so much time.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are not going to win a WS with Elvis Andrus at SS. Never. Move him for whatever you can.
He sure didn't keep them from winning one in 2011 or 2010. He didn't make them have to play 5 games in this series either. This series should have been won before today. Again, you are really overstating things.

They didn't have the hitting to win the WS this year even if Elvis had played great in the 7th inning today. They were fortunate to get as far as they did this year.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest beef was allowing a crowd to trash the field without consequences and delay things for Cole. It was fan interference

Think about how crazy it would have been had the umps called the game a Jays forfeit because of the fans trashing the field. If it would have continued much longer, it was a real possibility.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure didn't keep them from winning one in 2011 or 2010. He didn't make them have to play 5 games in this series either. This series should have been won before today. Again, you are really overstating things.

They didn't have the hitting to win the WS this year even if Elvis had played great in the 7th inning today. They were fortunate to get as far as they did this year.

I remember how everyone liked the pin the WS loss on Cruz for game 6 not to long ago as well. Sure could have used his bat out there for this series. I think its just our nature to find someone to blame. In a 5 or 7 game series, it never comes to to just one play or one inning for that matter.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about how crazy it would have been had the umps called the game a Jays forfeit because of the fans trashing the field. If it would have continued much longer, it was a real possibility.

Oh yeah that would have been extreme and no idea appropriate consequence but things went unchecked which is an injustice. Discipline is never easy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw earlier post re Profar says everything would have to go right which is the exact opposite of what has happened so far. Best case scenario mentioned is Profar doing great AAA health and game. At that point, Elvis could be moved at the break. Now equally best case is Elvis reinventing himself so he handles pressure better IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite looking retrospectively and realizing they exceeded expectations this is still a definite gut punch

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A partial list of free agents I would be interested in includes, Chris Davis, Yeonis Cespedes, and Matt Wieters. I wouldn't mind finding another reliever as well. This team hasn't increased payroll much the past two years so it is time to change that. It is time to increase payroll substantially.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how everyone liked the pin the WS loss on Cruz for game 6 not to long ago as well. Sure could have used his bat out there for this series. I think its just our nature to find someone to blame. In a 5 or 7 game series, it never comes to to just one play or one inning for that matter.
Yes, after an emotional series it is our nature to want to find someone to blame.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, this lineup wasn't going to win a World Series. This rotation wasn't going to win a World Series. In retrospect the Rangers had a fantastic second half to win the AL West.

But going up 2-0 and then choking it away with Holland and Andrus playing key roles in the meltdown. Those guys have mental focus problems and Rangers would be better off without them.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite looking retrospectively and realizing they exceeded expectations this is still a definite gut punch

Losing always is, especially when it brings an end to your season.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A partial list of free agents I would be interested in includes, Chris Davis, Yeonis Cespedes, and Matt Wieters. I wouldn't mind finding another reliever as well. This team hasn't increased payroll much the past two years so it is time to change that. It is time to increase payroll substantially.

Seems like every year we are hitting a new high in payroll these days, so I would expect that to happen. I am just not sure how significant it will be. Out of that list, Cespedes might be the most appealing to me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to remember about Profar is that he is only 13 and a half months older than Brinson.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another aspect of this game that was critical that hasn't been discussed much is Revere's fielder's choice that went for the first out in the 7th inning. From my understanding (what I heard on the radio), Pompey, intentionally tried to trip Gimenez. Evidently, Banny went out and talked to the umps about this and they radio guys were saying they thought it was an illegal slide which should result in the runner at first being out. Said something about what happened recently with Chase Utley. Anyway, I am not really aware of the rule but if it is true, we should have played the game under protest ourselves. If we get 2 outs there, Donaldson hits into a fielders choice again... the inning is over and we still have the lead.

Not that it matters anymore but is anyone familiar with this rule?

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get everyone is pissed at Andrus...he was pretty down himself.

Still who is out there to target that is attainable who would be considerably better? There is no guarantee Profar finds his game next season after missing so much time.
Hoop hatred aside, Andrus will be the starting SS next season

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another aspect of this game that was critical that hasn't been discussed much is Revere's fielder's choice that went for the first out in the 7th inning. From my understanding (what I heard on the radio), Pompey, intentionally tried to trip Gimenez. Evidently, Banny went out and talked to the umps about this and they radio guys were saying they thought it was an illegal slide which should result in the runner at first being out. Said something about what happened recently with Chase Utley. Anyway, I am not really aware of the rule but if it is true, we should have played the game under protest ourselves. If we get 2 outs there, Donaldson hits into a fielders choice again... the inning is over and we still have the lead.

Not that it matters anymore but is anyone familiar with this rule?
I thought it was a hard but fair slide. If they aren't going to call Utley for it....

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus will never recover from his "Bill Buckner" moment. Not with his 10 cent head that already is an unfocused mess. Not trying to pile on but JD has got to trade him.

He doesn't hit very well.
He is one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball.
He is one of the most careless and downright bad baserunners in baseball.

And now he has single-handedly killed an entire season.

Why in the world do you keep him other than no one else is dumb enough to take on his ludicrous contract?

There are dozens of players in baseball (majors and minors) who could give you the same production for 1/4 the cost, AND who are not mental midgets. Do you think any free agent pitcher wants to come to Texas knowing that Andrus is his starting SS? Do you think Cole Hamels is real thrilled about Andrus right about now?
Trade Andrus. Trade Fielder. And get Derek Holland some counseling. Then we may be in business in 2016.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he not getting a lot of money? I knew that Angels absorbed most of his contract, but wasn't sure about his Rangers deal.

what's the status on Profar? He should be getting close to being ready, right?

the Angels pay his whole salary next season no matter if he plays for us or not

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much time as Profar has missed, it really might be asking too much for him to be on his game this first year back. I would imagine it will likely take at least half the season or maybe more for that to happen.

It would be great to see Gallo take the next step next season.

apparently the rangers are not expecting much from Profar next season so don't get your hopes up

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk about Derek lacking focus is just stupid. Nobody was saying anything when he was so dominant when he returned last year, or during his dominant stretch this season. Fact is, he had a run of bad games. Whether the cause is injury, or something mechanical that he hasn't been able to fix, it's not because he lacks focus. I am so tired of this diatribe just because the guy does an impersonation once in a while or cuts his hair goofy.