• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Elvis. Errors at one of the worst possible times. Beltre was ticked. Definitely lacks consistency but he did improve in field and with bat during the year. To me the big question is how he and others handle the big stage. Definite improvement required. Can he change for the better? Did we need Alberto in for a defensive replacement.

My take. Anyone can change with hard work, belief and experience. Elvis can improve. Now IMO I always thought Profar had the clutch gene able to rise above when the pressure is on. I hope Elvis does well and Profar makes a comeback which unfortunately is hard to expect due to health. At ASB then maybe moving Elvis then becomes more realistic. Need a tougher more confident presence at SS. Become that or get out of the way

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go royals! I hope you win the whole damn thing and Bautista doesn't hit a home run until next year. That guy is a fucking douche. I just watched the highlights and it should have been 3-2 Rangers top of the 8th. I think it's funny that nobody agreed with me about Mitch this series. Tough way to lose, but stuff like this just seems to happen to the Rangers.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Elvis. Errors at one of the worst possible times. Beltre was ticked. Definitely lacks consistency but he did improve in field and with bat during the year. To me the big question is how he and others handle the big stage. Definite improvement required. Can he change for the better? Did we need Alberto in for a defensive replacement.

My take. Anyone can change with hard work, belief and experience. Elvis can improve. Now IMO I always thought Profar had the clutch gene able to rise above when the pressure is on. I hope Elvis does well and Profar makes a comeback which unfortunately is hard to expect due to health.

It's good to have competition at the position at least. That will hopefully drive Andrus to be better. I don't think he has really been in a position where he needs to win his position at any point in his career. I am not certain that will be the case next season but it is certainly a possibility.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to have completion at the position at least. That will hopefully drive Andrus to be better. I don't think he has really been in a position where he needs to win his position at any point in his career. I am not certain that will be the case next season but it is certainly a possibility.

How can you learn to play under pressure if you never have any pressure?
Looking forward to Profar sightings

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go royals! I hope you win the whole damn thing and Bautista doesn't hit a home run until next year. That guy is a fucking douche. I just watched the highlights and it should have been 3-2 Rangers top of the 8th. I think it's funny that nobody agreed with me about Mitch this series. Tough way to lose, but stuff like this just seems to happen to the Rangers.

I think I am going for the Cubs... would be a good story. Plus, I think Back to the Future predicted that the Cubs would win the WS and that would just crazy if it was right.

Mitch was pretty bad this series but he had a good season. Really most of the offense was pretty bad this series. For what he is getting paid, I would have expected to see much more from Prince. More troubling is that he seemed to flatten out at the end of the season getting rest as the DH.

Either way, I am not disappointed in the least bit on the season. Considering everything we were up against, I would say overall it was a very successful one. This should certainly raise the expectations for next season. I think we need to add a right handed power bat for the outfield. Really hope we can get Beltre a ring though... that guy out of anyone deserves it.

Last edited:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you learn to play under pressure if you never have any pressure?
Looking forward to Profar sightings

As much time as Profar has missed, it really might be asking too much for him to be on his game this first year back. I would imagine it will likely take at least half the season or maybe more for that to happen.

It would be great to see Gallo take the next step next season.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am going for the Cubs... would be a good story. Plus, I think Back to the Future predicted that the Cubs would win the WS and that would just crazy if it was right.

Mitch was pretty bad this season but he had a good season. Really most of the offense was pretty bad this series. For what he is getting paid, I would have expected to see much more from Prince. More troubling is that he seemed to flatten out at the end of the season getting rest as the DH.

Either way, I am not disappointed in the least bit on the season. Considering everything we were up against, I would say overall it was a very successful one. This should certainly raise the expectations for next season. I think we need to add a right handed power bat for the outfield. Really hope we can get Beltre a ring though... that guy out of anyone deserves it.

The Cubs losing is good for the Rangers because it would ensure that the rangers are not known as the biggest choking franchise in MLB. That honor goes to the Cubs because they have not won a championship since the 1800s.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs losing is good for the Rangers because it would ensure that the rangers are not known as the biggest choking franchise in MLB. That honor goes to the Cubs because they have not won a championship since the 1800s.

Still would have the Astros as company.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even so, the Indians are still the current runner up:

upload_2015-10-14_21-46-20.png

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please go away

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Royals and the Jays

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone just see Kendrys Morales hit the 3-run bomb in the 8th for KC to essentially ice the game?

Did anyone see him stare down the pitcher afterward and then throw his bat into the air? What, you didn't? Oh yeah, that's because it didn't happen. That was a huge moment too but Morales didn't feel the need to act like a piece of trash like a certain other roided-up fraud we all know and loathe.

Class vs. Trash.

Go Royals.

PS- the fact that Jason Kipnis is defending Bautista on Twitter and calling the Rangers "too sensitive" just shows he's a classless douche, too. Just goes to show that money can't buy class. Those who don't have it will always ridicule those who do because they don't understand why that's important in this world. They don't get it and never will.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take. Anyone can change with hard work, belief and experience. Elvis can improve. Now IMO I always thought Profar had the clutch gene able to rise above when the pressure is on. I hope Elvis does well and Profar makes a comeback which unfortunately is hard to expect due to health. At ASB then maybe moving Elvis then becomes more realistic. Need a tougher more confident presence at SS. Become that or get out of the way
It wasn't Elvis' first time at the big stage though so I don't think that was it. He just had a rotten, terrible inning defensively at a very, very bad time. He had played gold glove caliber defense for most of the last half of the season and through 41 innings of this series before that one inning. In the game that I was at where we clinched playing in the postseason we wouldn't have won that game if not for Elvis' great play defensively.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone just see Kendrys Morales hit the 3-run bomb in the 8th for KC to essentially ice the game?

Did anyone see him stare down the pitcher afterward and then throw his bat into the air? What, you didn't? Oh yeah, that's because it didn't happen. That was a huge moment too but Morales didn't feel the need to act like a piece of trash like a certain other roided-up fraud we all know and loathe.

Class vs. Trash.

Go Royals.

PS- the fact that Jason Kipnis is defending Bautista on Twitter and calling the Rangers "too sensitive" just shows he's a classless douche, too. Just goes to show that money can't buy class. Those who don't have it will always ridicule those who do because they don't understand why that's important in this world. They don't get it and never will.

I will always hope Bautista strikes out when I watch him hit, I will cheer if or when he gets injured, I will hope it is very serious, and I will hope he struggles to come back. Hitting the home run is fine, but the back flip was just kicking us while we were down. I'd say " act like you've been here before" but, as we all know he hasn't. I'd even root for the Dodgers over his classless team / fan base and I think the dodgers are terrible for the sport with their obscenely high payroll / pocket books. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Darvish / Kershaw / Price / Greinke rotation in a few years ( I'm exaggerating some I know).

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we have a new rival. The games against Toronto next year should be a lot of fun.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are not going to win a WS with Elvis Andrus at SS. Never. Move him for whatever you can.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Class vs. Trash.

Go Royals.

Personally I didn't really care about the bat flip...in general I'm not to particular on that. In general the constant bickering tho got a bit annoying.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got home from a business trip in San Antonio. I managed to drive all the way home without hearing anything about the game.

What an absolutely horrible choke job by everyone in the IF, besides Beltre in the 7th. I'm at a total loss for words. I've been upset with Elvis so many times over the last few years, but he's officially dead to me now.

With that said. It was an exciting season and I hope good things are still to come. Can't wait for Mazara and Williams. I like DDJ but we need a CF with an arm.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't Elvis' first time at the big stage though so I don't think that was it. He just had a rotten, terrible inning defensively at a very, very bad time. He had played gold glove caliber defense for most of the last half of the season and through 41 innings of this series before that one inning. In the game that I was at where we clinched playing in the postseason we wouldn't have won that game if not for Elvis' great play defensively.

Obviously Elvis had great improvement in the Second half offensives and defensively. However, he has failed to demonstrate clutch that I saw in Profar in his few appearances. I do no think he is doomed but suggested that it will take character change to make it to the next level. Nothing would please me more to see him get over this and improve. The big stage performance is not easy for him IMO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Class vs. Trash.

Go Royals.

My biggest beef was allowing a crowd to trash the field without consequences and delay things for Cole. It was fan interference