• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really bad for Elvis. I hope the organization lets him know they still care for him. Yes, he went full retard, but he's only human and I'm sure he feels he let the team down. I wish he hadn't screwed up, but he did. This is the kind of stuff that can haunt a player for the rest of his career. He is going to be replaying that inning in his head for the rest of his life. So unfortunate for him. :(
Yes, it is unfortunate that folks tend to think of him like he meant to do what he did. Sometimes the knee-jerk reaction in a situation like this one with all of the emotions involved is that folks say some very harsh things. Choo didn't meant to slump so long. Prince didn't mean to at times. None of these guys lacked in effort this year. Some of them over achieved so much that we all got our hopes up and it is a very emotional time. I am not blaming anyone for what they are saying about Elvis, but I certainly agree with what you are saying.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is unfortunate that folks tend to think of him like he meant to do what he did. Sometimes the knee-jerk reaction in a situation like this one with all of the emotions involved is that folks say some very harsh things. Choo didn't meant to slump so long. Prince didn't mean to at times. None of these guys lacked in effort this year. Some of them over achieved so much that we all got our hopes up and it is a very emotional time. I am not blaming anyone for what they are saying about Elvis, but I certainly agree with what you are saying.

I'd agree with you if we hadn't seen the ongoing issues with Elvis for multiple seasons now, but this is not a knee jerk reaction. It is simply the last straw.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that. But I'm worried about what this will do to him mentally. Even if he gets traded to another team, I would hate for this to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life.
I just want him gone. This guy is not a championship SS. He had close to 20 errors this year counting the playoffs. What he have 2 hits this series. That will not cut it. At is age he will not get better. We have already seen is best years.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you actually think Elvis Andrus is even the least bit upset right now about killing the season? Have you not watched him as a Ranger for several years?

HE IS A CHILD. I 100% guarantee he is laughing it up in the clubhouse at this very moment. I can't believe people feel bad for him.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you actually think Elvis Andrus is even the least bit upset right now about killing the season? Have you not watched him as a Ranger for several years?

HE IS A CHILD. I 100% guarantee he is laughing it up in the clubhouse at this very moment. I can't believe people feel bad for him.

GO AWAY!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not wrong. Elvis is an absolute child. He has the mental makeup of a 12 yr old and that's why he's constantly going brain dead on the field.

That's not the point, will

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot see a bigger choke inning in all my life. Even Odor could not catch a simple pop up. That was as unreal as it comes. How do you drop a throw. The most basic element of any ball player. To catch a ball that is thrown right to you. Hamels should have had a 1-2-3 inning.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that. But I'm worried about what this will do to him mentally. Even if he gets traded to another team, I would hate for this to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

At the end of the day he'll have 120 million guaranteed in his bank by the time he's only what 32 years old? He can probably play another 5-7 years after that and get maybe another 40 or 50. It's not that he's fragile...if anything I think he's anything but that however he's just a guy that loses focus. I think focus and being mentally fragile are 2 different things.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as many of us want to rip Elvis there isn't any doubt in my mind that he feels like complete shit and wishes he could have that inning back. I don't mind criticism but let's not be irrational about things.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as many of us want to rip Elvis there isn't any doubt in my mind that he feels like complete shit and wishes he could have that inning back. I don't mind criticism but let's not be irrational about things.

Look who you're talking to.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Toronto writer that wrote that article about how bad Arlington is feels good about his city of Toronto and it's classy citizens who trashed the field because they were upset at a call that the umpire was right about.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Toronto writer that wrote that article about how bad Arlington is feels good about his city of Toronto and it's classy citizens who trashed the field because they were upset at a call that the umpire was right about.

That was certainly a weird article. I spend a ton of time in Toronto and absolutely love the people and that city but I was surprised to see what I did today from the fans.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we unload our LVP, Josh Hamilton?

Honestly? For what we're paying him, and the uniqueness of his situation, I'd say it's doubtful. Btw, he had himself a pretty decent game 4 and game 5.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly? For what we're paying him, and the uniqueness of his situation, I'd say it's doubtful.

Is he not getting a lot of money? I knew that Angels absorbed most of his contract, but wasn't sure about his Rangers deal.

what's the status on Profar? He should be getting close to being ready, right?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he not getting a lot of money? I knew that Angels absorbed most of his contract, but wasn't sure about his Rangers deal.

what's the status on Profar? He should be getting close to being ready, right?

I think we're paying him like 4 mil for the next two years. The Angels are paying the rest. Yes, ideally profar could be ready to roll next season, but at this point I just don't know. Believe me, nothing would make me happier than seeing profar take over as successfully next season