• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm senior to you guys and due to bad health can never get to another game. My world is living in a small town without much entertainment. However, you fellows will never know how much pleasure you bring me by sharing your time with me here at the SportsHoopla Board.

Thank you All
DT
I'm up there in age also. But in pretty good health. The pleasure has been all mine DT. You have been great DT. You have made these games very interesting. You hang in there. Just follow doctors orders. From one old military guy to another.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really bad for Elvis. I hope the organization lets him know they still care for him. Yes, he went full retard, but he's only human and I'm sure he feels he let the team down. I wish he hadn't screwed up, but he did. This is the kind of stuff that can haunt a player for the rest of his career. He is going to be replaying that inning in his head for the rest of his life. So unfortunate for him. :(

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel really bad for Elvis. I hope the organization lets him know they still care for him. Yes, he went full retard, but he's only human and I'm sure he feels he let the team down. I wish he hadn't screwed up, but he did. This is the kind of stuff that can haunt a player for the rest of his career. He is going to be replaying that inning in his head for the rest of his life. So unfortunate for him. :(

It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident, but it's not. It's a growing trend. He's simply not going to meet his potential and he's not worth his contract.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that. But I'm worried about what this will do to him mentally. Even if he gets traded to another team, I would hate for this to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get all that. But I'm worried about what this will do to him mentally. Even if he gets traded to another team, I would hate for this to be hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

I honestly don't care. I'm just tired of him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's perfectly fine for you you think that way. Your opinion and no one can say you're wrong. I almost vomited when he goofed those plays. Maybe he needs a new team and a new environment. I don't know.

I guess I'm saying...it is just a game. Life is too short to have something like this psychologically damage a person for the rest of his/her life.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the game while at work, but I sincerely hope that Bautista sustains an injury that knocks him out for the rest of the playoffs. The dude isn't a big shot and the only reason he was hitting is because our fielders fucked up on plays that little leaguers make routinely. I'm hoping the Royals or the Mets win it all this year, every other franchise left is too douchey to pull for.

All in all tho, not bad for a team picked by the experts to lose 90-100 games this year. We got a division title to show for it. I know you guys have been giving me shit all year about Mitch, but it's fair to say that Mitch sucked ass in this series and the moment looked way too big for him to handle. Hopefully JD can make a few tweaks in the offseason, guys get healthy, we don't lose anyone we want to keep to free agency, and we make another run at this thing with Yu ( hopefully a ranger for life) leading the charge. Darvish would have been very good in this series.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's perfectly fine for you you think that way. Your opinion and no one can say you're wrong. I almost vomited when he goofed those plays. Maybe he needs a new team and a new environment. I don't know.

I guess I'm saying...it is just a game. Life is too short to have something like this psychologically damage a person for the rest of his/her life.
No sir it's not just a game. It is very much a business. $17mil a year business.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be one thing if this was an isolated incident, but it's not. It's a growing trend. He's simply not going to meet his potential and he's not worth his contract.

we are going to have to live with Elvis on the team for the next 7 years and with a contract worth 89.5M

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the players' obvious roid rage and abhorrent lack of class and sportsmanship and the crowd turning into violent caged animals, I can honestly say I wish nothing but the absolute worst for the Blue Jays franchise. Even their bloggers were highly embarrassed by both their players and fans. The only one on that team with any kind of class is RA Dickey.

I'm ok with us losing and I think our Rangers accomplished a lot this year against the odds. Plus the future looks bright, especially if we can unload Elvis and/or Prince.

Go Royals and go Cubs for the rest of this year!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Elvis and Prince are going anywhere--especially Prince. He has not shown up in his most recent trips to the playoffs (Detroit/Texas) and it was on display for everyone to see. Detroit is already eating some of that contract.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Biggest choke job I've seen in a deciding game. 4 of the easiest plays you can get. Odor's misplay was the worst in my opinion. He played that like a kid in his first year of little league. Elvis was bad but the throws he received all were shitty, down at his ankles.

With that said, there couldn't be a team that had so many punks as Toronto. That was an embarrassment to MLB.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm at peace, dude.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like clockwork, the Texas Rangers choked under the bright lights and made the wrong kind of history...again.

I'm honestly not too upset. The mental midgets on the team, Derek Holland and Elvis Andrus, played like the assclowns they are when it mattered most. Unfortunately, that's not changing any time soon.

We weren't winning a WS without Yu Darvish anyway. Holland and Lewis have basically become batting practice. That wasn't going to work. And our offense flat lines more times than not. So no surprises there.

Horrible embarrassing way to end the season, but at this point, did you expect any different? Like someone already said, this is the Texas Rangers. This is what they do. And have been doing since Nelson Cruz "misplayed" a flyball in St Louis. I was totally prepared for a crazy humiliating way to end the season. Check.

They overachieved this year. Found a couple nice pieces. Did some good things in the bullpen. But still a ton of holes to fill.

But you can't teach stupid, lazy, and juvenille. And Holland and Andrus have that market cornered. Feel awful for Beltre. Never know if he will get another chance.

And who was feeling all sorry for Elvis? Yeah I'm sure he's all torn up about it and his life will never be the same. He has 15 million reasons to not give a rip. And trust me, the guy has the brain of a 5 year old. He's already forgotten this game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like clockwork, the Texas Rangers choked under the bright lights and made the wrong kind of history...again.

I'm honestly not too upset. The mental midgets on the team, Derek Holland and Elvis Andrus, played like the assclowns they are when it mattered most. Unfortunately, that's not changing any time soon.

We weren't winning a WS without Yu Darvish anyway. Holland and Lewis have basically become batting practice. That wasn't going to work. And our offense flat lines more times than not. So no surprises there.

Horrible embarrassing way to end the season, but at this point, did you expect any different? Like someone already said, this is the Texas Rangers. This is what they do. And have been doing since Nelson Cruz "misplayed" a flyball in St Louis. I was totally prepared for a crazy humiliating way to end the season. Check.

They overachieved this year. Found a couple nice pieces. Did some good things in the bullpen. But still a ton of holes to fill.

But you can't teach stupid, lazy, and juvenille. And Holland and Andrus have that market cornered. Feel awful for Beltre. Never know if he will get another chance.

And who was feeling all sorry for Elvis? Yeah I'm sure he's all torn up about it and his life will never be the same. He has 15 million reasons to not give a rip. And trust me, the guy has the brain of a 5 year old. He's already forgotten this game.

Go away.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 mlb teams won the first 2 games of a divisional series on the road. 27 won the series. The Rangers are only the 3rd team to lose in this manner.

They will always be my team. But you can't deny that they choke in the biggest moments like no other team in any sport in recent memory.

Facepalm me all you want. But that is why this loss doesn't really hurt at all for me. You had to know it was coming. I mean, 3 errors in one inning on plays a little leaguer makes? I mean, seriously, have you ever seen something so unbelievable and pathetic? Who does that? No one does that...but the Texas Rangers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, Hammer. While Will Venable didn't play a prominent starting role for us, that guy is all class. He gave us his guts every game we played him and I'd be happy to have him back as a bench guy next season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 mlb teams won the first 2 games of a divisional series on the road. 27 won the series. The Rangers are only the 3rd team to lose in this manner.

They will always be my team. But you can't deny that they choke in the biggest moments like no other team in any sport in recent memory.

Facepalm me all you want. But that is why this loss doesn't really hurt at all for me. You had to know it was coming. I mean, 3 errors in one inning on plays a little leaguer makes? I mean, seriously, have you ever seen something so unbelievable and pathetic? Who does that? No one does that...but the Texas Rangers.

Seriously. Go away. Literally nobody wants you here.