• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus will never recover from his "Bill Buckner" moment. Not with his 10 cent head that already is an unfocused mess. Not trying to pile on but JD has got to trade him.

He doesn't hit very well.
He is one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball.
He is one of the most careless and downright bad baserunners in baseball.

And now he has single-handedly killed an entire season.

Why in the world do you keep him other than no one else is dumb enough to take on his ludicrous contract?

There are dozens of players in baseball (majors and minors) who could give you the same production for 1/4 the cost, AND who are not mental midgets. Do you think any free agent pitcher wants to come to Texas knowing that Andrus is his starting SS? Do you think Cole Hamels is real thrilled about Andrus right about now?
Trade Andrus. Trade Fielder. And get Derek Holland some counseling. Then we may be in business in 2016.

Jesus, you've made your fucking point, and nobody cares to respond. But maybe if you make about 5 more posts about the exact same thing, somebody will respond and think you're a good poster. So, carry on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus will never recover from his "Bill Buckner" moment. Not with his 10 cent head that already is an unfocused mess. Not trying to pile on but JD has got to trade him.

He doesn't hit very well.
He is one of the worst defensive shortstops in baseball.
He is one of the most careless and downright bad baserunners in baseball.

And now he has single-handedly killed an entire season.

Why in the world do you keep him other than no one else is dumb enough to take on his ludicrous contract?

There are dozens of players in baseball (majors and minors) who could give you the same production for 1/4 the cost, AND who are not mental midgets. Do you think any free agent pitcher wants to come to Texas knowing that Andrus is his starting SS? Do you think Cole Hamels is real thrilled about Andrus right about now?
Trade Andrus. Trade Fielder. And get Derek Holland some counseling. Then we may be in business in 2016.
I'd have to disagree with you on a few points. One, Holland was coming back from an injury, it's not like he had time to build his arm strength as pitchers do in spring training and over the course of the season. Also, Andrus played a terrible 7th inning, no question, but I'm sure no one feels worse than he does. The kid has been a good player for the Rangers, and it's not his fault the Rangers brass chose to give him a huge deal. I'm sure Hamels was pissed yesterday, but I'm also sure he's had days where he got knocked off the mound by the 3rd inning, it happens.
I'd look at the opposite side of things. I was pissed off as anyone yesterday, but the truth is, Toronto is a better team, they have been all season. The Rangers were right there, despite being ravaged by injuries. I think with Yu coming back from injury, and if the club could go out and get one more bat for the OF, this club will be as good as anyone in the AL next season

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait you guys still care? Season is over man! GO home!!!!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about how crazy it would have been had the umps called the game a Jays forfeit because of the fans trashing the field. If it would have continued much longer, it was a real possibility.
They wouldn't have done that. They were about 15 minutes away from clearing the whole stadium and playing without anyone in attendance.

I blame the umps for allowing the Blue Jays to act like toddlers at home the whole series. The crowd was clearly feeding off the infantile over reactions to every little perceived slight that the Jays felt went against them. Tulo was allowed to yell directly at the home plate umpire on more than one occasion without being warned.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A partial list of free agents I would be interested in includes, Chris Davis, Yeonis Cespedes, and Matt Wieters. I wouldn't mind finding another reliever as well. This team hasn't increased payroll much the past two years so it is time to change that. It is time to increase payroll substantially.

I'd be ok with Cespedes or Upton. But either one would require moving Choo or Fielder or Elvis. (or 2 of the 3).

My dream offseason would be to snag Grienke & one of Cespedes/Upton. While trading away Fielder & Choo (part "free up money" move, part "need less LH bats" move).
Oh, and extend Darvish.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with Cespedes or Upton. But either one would require moving Choo or Fielder or Elvis. (or 2 of the 3).

My dream offseason would be to snag Grienke & one of Cespedes/Upton. While trading away Fielder & Choo (part "free up money" move, part "need less LH bats" move).
Oh, and extend Darvish.
I think we need an upgrade in the OF and at 1B so that is why I chose Davis as well. I could live without Wieters, but I feel it is very important to get two guys who can hit a lot of HRs. That is especially the case if we get rid of both Choo and Fielder. I just think we are severely lacking in the power department in our 4 corners and DH as an overall package. I would really like to see Wieters here as well. I wish we could make all three happen.

I feel okay about our pitching once both Holland and Perez are farther out from their injuries. Darvish will probably be back by early May and I think he will look very close to what he looked like before by the break next July. We need hitting way more than pitching in my opinion. I think we have needed more hitting for about 3 years now. It is also a lot easier to convince very good hitters to come here than it is to convince very good pitchers to come here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 2 games in the AFL Profar hasn't played yet.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A partial list of free agents I would be interested in includes, Chris Davis, Yeonis Cespedes, and Matt Wieters. I wouldn't mind finding another reliever as well. This team hasn't increased payroll much the past two years so it is time to change that. It is time to increase payroll substantially.

Wieters is t

Cespedes contract is being rumored to be somewhere around 7 years 150M so i don't see us pursuing him. Davis will return to Baltimore so of the 3 Wieters seems the best possibility. Upton or Heyward look like the best possibilities for us

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't have done that. They were about 15 minutes away from clearing the whole stadium and playing without anyone in attendance.

I blame the umps for allowing the Blue Jays to act like toddlers at home the whole series. The crowd was clearly feeding off the infantile over reactions to every little perceived slight that the Jays felt went against them. Tulo was allowed to yell directly at the home plate umpire on more than one occasion without being warned.

I wouldn't think they would have but the MLB radio guys thought it was a real possibility at the time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wieters is t

Cespedes contract is being rumored to be somewhere around 7 years 150M so i don't see us pursuing him. Davis will return to Baltimore so of the 3 Wieters seems the best possibility. Upton or Heyward look like the best possibilities for us
We should have the money to get what we need. Why do you think Chris would choose to go back to Baltimore if we were willing to pay him top dollars to come home?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't think they would have but the MLB radio guys thought it was a real possibility at the time.
They just might have to set an example to keep crowds from getting more and more unruly.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and extend Darvish.

why would it have to be that way?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have the money to get what we need. Why do you think Chris would choose to go back to Baltimore if we were willing to pay him top dollars to come home?

just think he would rather stay in Baltimore. he got toasted by Rangers fans while here and might not want to return here

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants prospect Ray Black hit 104 MPH on the gun in the AFL this week.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just might have to set an example to keep crowds from getting more and more unruly.

It will certainly be interesting to see how the games in Toronto go moving forward. My guess is we won't see anything like this again but it would be interesting to see what they do if it does.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just think he would rather stay in Baltimore. he got toasted by Rangers fans while here and might not want to return here
The fans at the ballpark were good to Davis. It was the ones on the blogs who toasted him and he is oblivious to them. I think a kid from Longview would much rather play here than in Baltimore if the pay was similar.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now equally best case is Elvis reinventing himself so he handles pressure better IMO

IMO, this is not even a possibility. When you've played any game, you know the guys who come through in the clutch and the one's who don't. Elvis is in the don't category, and this isn't something you learn or practice. Intestinal fortitude is something youre either born with or your not.