• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible, but I'm not sure they don't try to leave Gallo in OF or at 3b to take advantage of his arm.

Last season Brinson hit 20 homers in 100 games. Now that was in a combined 3 different leagues, but nevertheless that's very good for a CF. he also had a 1.004 OPS. Id say that power potential is definitely there. Certainly more so than with DDJ.

Yeah, you're probably right about Gallo. I'd honestly hate to see us move him again unless we view it as long term and imperative to do so.

I just looked up the regular season numbers, by team, and I'm shocked to see the Rangers had the 3rd most RBI in the ML. So maybe our RBI situation is not near as dire as I (some of us) deemed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd's got me really fired up about my guy. Says he thinks he'll be able to run masters and maybe derby in the spring.

Sweet, that would very cool

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a good mentor next to him at 3rd in Beltre he can learn from. Just needs to listen

Well, he's had that same mentor for the last 5 years. How much longer for the dye-to-be-set in that wool?

Sorry......I'm still being Mr Sourgrapes here.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's had that same mentor for the last 5 years. How much longer for the dye-to-be-set in that wool?

Sorry......I'm still being Mr Sourgrapes here.
Me to Donaldson. I still want him gone. He had 22 errors this year. Way to many errors for what how much he is getting paid.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me to Donaldson. I still want him gone. He had 22 errors this year. Way to many errors for what how much he is getting paid.

This may work out for all parties though. Sometimes, just a change of scenery helps the player to succeed, and the team to rid themselves of him. And Elvis isn't the only one out there who's under this same situation. Think Kinsler and Fielder. There's a team or two out there who can't wait to get rid of old so-and-so.

Look, I was overall pleased with EA this year, in spite of it all. But that 7th inning meltdown, on top of all the other problems he's had, and or created, is too much for him and us to endure.

It would be good to move him, b/c if we don't, no matter what he does - or anything less than leading us to a ring - will damn near be unacceptable. He'll get unmercifully booed with every mistake, every SO, every-everything.

He brought this on himself, but it's gonna be real ugly for him in the near future in Arlington.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may work out for all parties though. Sometimes, just a change of scenery helps the player to succeed, and the team to rid themselves of him. And Elvis isn't the only one out there who's under this same situation. Think Kinsler and Fielder. There's a team or two out there who can't wait to get rid of old so-and-so.

Look, I was overall pleased with EA this year, in spite of it all. But that 7th inning meltdown, on top of all the other problems he's had, and or created, is too much for him and us to endure.

It would be good to move him, b/c if we don't, no matter what he does - or anything less than leading us to a ring - will damn near be unacceptable. He'll get unmercifully booed with every mistake, every SO, every-everything.

He brought this on himself, but it's gonna be real ugly for him in the near future in Arlington.
You mean the same town that welcomed Josh back with open arms?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two numbers make him being gone and they are 7 and 89.5. And then who takes his place

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope the fans would show a little compassion towards Elvis next year. He didn't make those errors on purpose. Pinning the entire season on him is not fair. I'm sure his soul was crushed yesterday. He has taken full blame for his goofs. He feels like shit. This may haunt him forever. I don't see how booing him every chance they get helps the situation. It's simply not productive. I don't know what the future is going to be for Elvis. But while he's here, I wouldn't try to make him feel worse. He needs his teammates and some confidence right now. How well is he going to play feeling like crap?

Its a team game. The only reason the Rangers had a lead in the 7th was because of one of the most bizarre plays in baseball history. Maybe if Prince or Mitch actually did, oh I don't know--anything resembling an offensive threat, and put some runs on the board, the Rangers wouldn't have been in that situation where Elvis made those errors.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just can't see that as a whole....certainly some fans, but not the majority... in my opinion

I agree. The Rangers had to massively overachieve to win the division, and again to take it to a game 5 with the BJ's. Not saying anyone should just shrug off what happened, but let's be honest: Elvis didn't cost us a championship here, and I'm betting the majority of the fans realize that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same town that welcomed Josh back with open arms?

Josh lead us to the WS twice. Lets not forget that.

And we got him back for damn near nothing. EA is costing a fortune.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh lead us to the WS twice. Lets not forget that.

And we got him back for damn near nothing. EA is costing a fortune.
I am just saying that the bulk of the fans that go to the ballpark do not hold grudges. I just think the average fan that attends the games will be fine with Elvis. A lot of folks on these blogs had a very low opinion of Elvis back in June and yet I never heard him booed when I attended a game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beyond surprised at the outpouring of benevolence and kindness being shown Andrus.

At the half way point of this season many of ya wanted to send his ass away at any cost, and I believe one suggested "shooting him to the moon." Over the past 3 years, he's been horrid for 2 1/2 of them.

No, he didn't single-handedly cost us the game, and yes we definitely overachieved to have been there to begin with. But it doesn't change the fact EA melted down on the big stage of epic proportions.

Maybe he'll get over it and lead us next season. But I'll bet nothing on him doing so myself.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just saying that the bulk of the fans that go to the ballpark do not hold grudges. I just think the average fan that attends the games will be fine with Elvis. A lot of folks on these blogs had a very low opinion of Elvis back in June and yet I never heard him booed when I attended a game.

Nor I.......good point. Frankly, I wouldn't boo him to begin with. Never been much of a boo-er to begin with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted him gone. Do I like his contract? No. But that's not Andrus' fault--its Jon Daniels' fault for offering it to him. You think Andrus is going to turn down that kind of money? I sure as hell wouldn't. The reason why I didn't want him gone--a couple of reasons. 1, He's still young, and yes, he acts like it. Recent events may cause him to do some growing up fast though. I still think he can improve. 2, Who are the Rangers going to replace him with? Profar? Seriously? That kid hasn't played major league baseball in 2 years. And even when he was playing, it was too early to tell if he was going to be a star player. We know even less now. How is he going to be post-surgery? There isn't anyone out there on the market better than Andrus, either. His stock is extremely low right now. Good luck finding someone who wants him. I'd rather make do with what I have than just go with whoever.

I'm showing kindness because sticking his nose in it when he KNOWS AND FEELS HORRIBLE about it is counter-productive. Just my opinion. When someone makes a mistake and falls down, you don't kick that person in the stomach. He's here and is going to be here for the foreseeable future. Yes, he did have a meltdown. I'm willing to wait and see how he reacts to this shitty hand life has dealt him. If he goes on carefree like nothing ever happened and reverts to they way he was at the beginning of the season, then yeah, he's not going to be in my cool book. What I would like to see happen is he looks at the situation, refocuses himself, and takes that awful moment and turns it into positive motivation. Its up to him to make the decision.

Call me a softy or whatever, I don't care.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$

As it sits currently, 10 players are under contract to make $120 million next year. Factor in raises for arbitration... and that should put the Rangers at or over what they opened up this season at (~140 million)

That's before signing any free agents.

okay who takes them?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never wanted him gone. Do I like his contract? No. But that's not Andrus' fault--its Jon Daniels' fault for offering it to him. You think Andrus is going to turn down that kind of money? I sure as hell wouldn't. The reason why I didn't want him gone--a couple of reasons. 1, He's still young, and yes, he acts like it. Recent events may cause him to do some growing up fast though. I still think he can improve. 2, Who are the Rangers going to replace him with? Profar? Seriously? That kid hasn't played major league baseball in 2 years. And even when he was playing, it was too early to tell if he was going to be a star player. We know even less now. How is he going to be post-surgery? There isn't anyone out there on the market better than Andrus, either. His stock is extremely low right now. Good luck finding someone who wants him. I'd rather make do with what I have than just go with whoever.

I'm showing kindness because sticking his nose in it when he KNOWS AND FEELS HORRIBLE about it is counter-productive. Just my opinion. When someone makes a mistake and falls down, you don't kick that person in the stomach. He's here and is going to be here for the foreseeable future. Yes, he did have a meltdown. I'm willing to wait and see how he reacts to this shitty hand life has dealt him. If he goes on carefree like nothing ever happened and reverts to they way he was at the beginning of the season, then yeah, he's not going to be in my cool book. What I would like to see happen is he looks at the situation, refocuses himself, and takes that awful moment and turns it into positive motivation. Its up to him to make the decision.

Call me a softy or whatever, I don't care.
I agree. We really don't have a replacement for him yet so I don't see how we can get rid of him. To me he is a very likable kid and I understand that he has made some mistakes over the years, but I have a lot of respect for him in facing up to those problems and correcting them mid season. I don't lump all of his past shortcomings in with yesterday. The past is past and to me yesterday doesn't belong lumped in with all of that. He made a couple of errors yesterday and they were at a very bad time. I can't hate him for that.

At least he didn't tell Banister that Banny could take his glove and go field the balls himself the way Choo did earlier.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay who takes them?
The Yankees wanted Choo when we signed him and I believe they offered him more money. I would start there in trying to trade him. Prince had a somewhat revitalized year this year, but he will still be difficult to deal. He is dealable I would think. Detroit is already paying for some of Prince so if we throw in some I think we could find a suitor.

We had better be ready to open up the pocketbook for a couple of hitters if we do that though. They need to be significant improvements. That is why I suggested Cespedes and Davis. It is time for this team's payroll to expand.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees wanted Choo when we signed him and I believe they offered him more money. I would start there in trying to trade him. Prince had a somewhat revitalized year this year, but he will still be difficult to deal. He is dealable I would think. Detroit is already paying for some of Prince so if we throw in some I think we could find a suitor.

We had better be ready to open up the pocketbook for a couple of hitters if we do that though. They need to be significant improvements. That is why I suggested Cespedes and Davis. It is time for this team's payroll to expand.

Fielder is owed 120M over the next 5 years, how much do we contribute to the other team to unload him?

Choo is owed 102M over the same 5 years, how much do we contribute to unload him?

Andrus is owed 104.5M over the next 8 years how much?

any one of them and you can forget any FA's