• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you're probably right about Gallo. I'd honestly hate to see us move him again unless we view it as long term and imperative to do so.

I just looked up the regular season numbers, by team, and I'm shocked to see the Rangers had the 3rd most RBI in the ML. So maybe our RBI situation is not near as dire as I (some of us) deemed.

other than finding a LF'er we could survive with what we've got based on the numbers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Choo. He performance in the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs is what they were paying for when they signed him. He seems to be on the right track now.

Prince, I don't know, man. The Rangers brought him in to do major damage--like 35+ home run damage. I just don't see it happening. But he is an awesome guy in the clubhouse and great with the young players. He has a lot of intangibles.

Also, if you start unloading guys left and right, how is that going to make Hamels feel? I mean, he just came from a rebuilding situation.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beyond surprised at the outpouring of benevolence and kindness being shown Andrus.

No, he didn't single-handedly cost us the game, and yes we definitely overachieved to have been there to begin with. But it doesn't change the fact EA melted down on the big stage of epic proportions.

Speaking for myself, I was simply making the point that I don't think Andrus will be vilified by most Rangers fans for his game yesterday.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking for myself, I was simply making the point that I don't think Andrus will be vilified by most Rangers fans for his game yesterday.

And you may quite well be 100% correct. I think I didn't consider the fan base enough, b/c we aren't a NY/Philly type fan base who boos/throws objects, etc.

We'll see how he, and the organization responds over the next 4 months though.

Did you see the Prince for Kinsler trade coming? Like at all? Me neither.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep Choo. He performance in the 2nd half of the season and in the playoffs is what they were paying for when they signed him. He seems to be on the right track now.

Prince, I don't know, man. The Rangers brought him in to do major damage--like 35+ home run damage. I just don't see it happening. But he is an awesome guy in the clubhouse and great with the young players. He has a lot of intangibles.

Also, if you start unloading guys left and right, how is that going to make Hamels feel? I mean, he just came from a rebuilding situation.
You only do that if you are going to replace them. In the scenario I mentioned before I would think Hamels would be ecstatic. You don't just get rid of them to be getting rid of them. You would only get rid of them to help you afford two better bats.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Eric Nadel interviewed today and he thinks Rangers pitchers will throw at Bautista multiple times next year. He thinks even pitchers who are with the Rangers now and who find themselves on another team next year will throw at him as well. He also said when he watched the TV coverage of the 7th inning today that he didn't think Fox Sports 1 did a good job at all in expressing the seriousness of the issue in the top of the inning. He didn't think they were anywhere near critical enough of the fans. He said in person it was a much more serious situation than was shown on television.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with Cespedes or Upton. But either one would require moving Choo or Fielder or Elvis. (or 2 of the 3).

My dream offseason would be to snag Grienke & one of Cespedes/Upton. While trading away Fielder & Choo (part "free up money" move, part "need less LH bats" move).
Oh, and extend Darvish.

I would love to have Cespedes and Grienke, but you're talking about over 350+ million for those 2.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems only like yesterday we were ranting and raving on the off season thread and here we are again. Where did my brown hair go? Time flies!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is owed 120M over the next 5 years, how much do we contribute to the other team to unload him?

Choo is owed 102M over the same 5 years, how much do we contribute to unload him?

Andrus is owed 104.5M over the next 8 years how much?

any one of them and you can forget any FA's
There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to increase our budget substantially next season. We have held back two offseasons in not increasing the budget very much. Now is the time to take advantage of not committing ourselves to a bigger payroll in the past. It is time to spend.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems only like yesterday we were ranting and raving on the off season thread and here we are again. Where did my brown hair go? Time flies!
If you find it let me know. My brown hair may be in the same place.

Yes, it flies faster all the time. Remember when we were younger and it took forever for the school year to end or for Christmas to come.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to increase our budget substantially next season. We have held back two offseasons in not increasing the budget very much. Now is the time to take advantage of not committing ourselves to a bigger payroll in the past. It is time to spend.

I don't think you're really in a position to say that since you're not the one signing the checks. Unless you have some inside information. We're never going to spend like the Dodgers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Eric Nadel interviewed today and he thinks Rangers pitchers will throw at Bautista multiple times next year. He thinks even pitchers who are with the Rangers now and who find themselves on another team next year will throw at him as well. He also said when he watched the TV coverage of the 7th inning today that he didn't think Fox Sports 1 did a good job at all in expressing the seriousness of the issue in the top of the inning. He didn't think they were anywhere near critical enough of the fans. He said in person it was a much more serious situation than was shown on television.

I know that I've never seen a team's players plead with their home crowd to settle down.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're really in a position to say that since you're not the one signing the checks. Unless you have some inside information. We're never going to spend like the Dodgers.
There is a very big difference in spending like the Dodgers and doing what I want to do. We were $130 million behind the Dodgers in payroll in 2015.

Hey, you have always told me they would spend when they found something worth spending for. There are players worth spending for and we need hitting to win it all. It is time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very big difference in spending like the Dodgers and doing what I want to do.

Hey, you have always told me they would spend when they found something worth spending for. There are players worth spending for and we need hitting to win it all. It is time.

I'm just saying you're speaking in ways you can't possibly have the knowledge to be speaking the way you are. It will be an interesting offseason to be sure. I really do hope they find a big bat to spend on as I think they're close. I'm not sure Davis or Wieters is that bat though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the ownership probably feels they have given Jon Daniels too much to play with already. I don't see them willing to go over 150M, which doesn't give him much wiggle room. He has signed some mammoth contracts over the past couple of seasons. And Darvish is looming...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If my memory is correct, Saddles preaches the same every year. I don't blame him either. I want the Rangers to be up around the 140-150 million range.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my memory is correct, Saddles preaches the same every year. I don't blame him either. I want the Rangers to be up around the 140-150 million range.

They're already there without spending a single dime on a FA.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My goodness. I take Eric Nadel as pretty much gospel. And there's a lot of good reasons I do so.

If he thinks this, my money is on Eric's prediction, as far as nailing Bautista.

But this is down right alarming on how he viewed the situation from a crowd control standpoint.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did my brown hair go? Time flies!

What hair, regardless of color, and time indeed does fly. ha ha ha

We've chatted for the better part of a year now about how the great game is a marathon, yet here we sit, and season is over, it seems like in a few weeks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grant Brisbee had a an awful article about how great that game was on SB Nation...I typically really like Grant, but that game was a heartbeat away from a public nightmare for baseball.

It's so shortsighted for people to be upset that the game might have been decided by the catcher throwing the ball at a batter, but were perfectly fine with 4 misplays in an inning being the deciding factor. Seriously? That's your form of justice? Nothing about that game was objectively good. The fans and Jays ruined it with their behavior.