• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Texas Rangers are 2015 AL West Champions!

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's next for the Rangers? Five players they must make decisions on | SportsDay

1. Yovani Gallardo: Seems a no-brainer the club will tender the $15.8 million one-year offer necessary to insure they receive a draft pick in compensation if he signs elsewhere.

2. Mike Napoli: The Rangers need more right-handed power. There seems to be mutual desire about making the reunion last longer than just a couple of months.

3. Leonys Martin: He is eligible for arbitration but was making $3.75 million this season, lost his job as leadoff hitter and center fielder and then thumbed his nose at going to Arizona to stay prepared when he was left off the playoff roster. Probably will not be tendered a contract.

4. Colby Lewis: Contract negotiations with him have usually been a breeze, but expect him to seek at least a two-year commitment. And any chance of a hometown discount probably went out the window when the Rangers bumped him from the playoff rotation.

5. Mitch Moreland: Coming off his best full season and heading into his final year of arbitration. Does he have more value in a trade that would remove one left-handed hitter from a lineup that may be too heavy with left-handed hitters?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we did trade both Choo and Fielder how much payroll do you think we could realistically save when you consider how much we would have to pay them if they stayed minus how much we have to pay other teams to take them? $10 million on each on average? Maybe $20 million total savings?
Ben Rogers is on twitter saying Cespedes needs to happen. Apparently Moreland will be fine as an everyday first basemen even though he's never proven that. He had his best year no doubt, but is that enough to say he will be fine?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Rogers is on twitter saying Cespedes needs to happen. Apparently Moreland will be fine as an everyday first basemen even though he's never proven that. He had his best year no doubt, but is that enough to say he will be fine?
I think we got a lot more out of Moreland than we thought and it might be time to cash in on that. I would love to land Davis so we can trade Mitch.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the 2015 salary figures I am seeing if Gallardo, Lewis, Feliz, Leonys, and Moreland are gone that frees up just about $29 million.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the 2015 salary figures I am seeing if Gallardo, Lewis, Feliz, Leonys, and Moreland are gone that frees up just about $29 million.

Darvish won't be able to be counted on until the ASB probably. Not sure they can afford to let Gallardo and Colby go as well. I see a QO made to Gallardo, which he will decline without a doubt, and then what? You have Hamels, Holland and Perez, with Chi Chi and NMart as options for the rotation possibly as well, I guess. Chi Chi needs an out pitch. After leaving Colby out of the postseason rotation, will he be ready to come back at a discount again? Doubtful, we shall see. Lets get the speculation under way on all these moves

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got a lot more out of Moreland than we thought and it might be time to cash in on that. I would love to land Davis so we can trade Mitch.

Mitch gets absolutely frigid when he cools off, and when he's hot it only seems to last a handful of games if that long. I think this team still needs a 30 HR 100 RBI type bat in the lineup, but where does that come from? Does Upton not K too often? His last 2 seasons were 29 and 26 HR's with 81 RBI this season, is that enough production? He did miss time with injury too

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they can find someone better than Mitch. I always felt like he was a Dean Palmer starter kit. Good power, but it goes silent for long stretches at a time. And he was no where to be found in the playoffs.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch gets absolutely frigid when he cools off, and when he's hot it only seems to last a handful of games if that long. I think this team still needs a 30 HR 100 RBI type bat in the lineup, but where does that come from? Does Upton not K too often? His last 2 seasons were 29 and 26 HR's with 81 RBI this season, is that enough production? He did miss time with injury too

Nelson Cruz...... Oh wait. Still can't believe he wasn't brought back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very big difference in spending like the Dodgers and doing what I want to do. We were $130 million behind the Dodgers in payroll in 2015.

Hey, you have always told me they would spend when they found something worth spending for. There are players worth spending for and we need hitting to win it all. It is time.

we have a good core team right now with what we've got and have minimal needs other than a RH hitting LF'er and at least one SP why unload start rebuilding again?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Magadan stay? I can say they were a bit better this year but still not good executing w RISP, is that on the players only?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a good core team right now with what we've got and have minimal needs other than a RH hitting LF'er and at least one SP why unload start rebuilding again?

if i've read the comments correctly so far: 1) get rid of DDJ and bring in Brinson, 2) unload Choo, 3) unload Fielder, 4) unload Moreland 5) unload Andrus. so our batting order would be:

1. unknown/Brinson

2. unknown

3. Beltre (maybe)

4. unknown

5. unknown

6. unknown

7. unknown

8. Chirinos

9. Odor

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i've read the comments correctly so far: 1) get rid of DDJ and bring in Brinson, 2) unload Choo, 3) unload Fielder, 4) unload Moreland 5) unload Andrus. so our batting order would be:

1. unknown/Brinson

2. unknown

3. Beltre (maybe)

4. unknown

5. unknown

6. unknown

7. unknown

8. Chirinos

9. Odor

Not exactly. I said if Brinson and Mazara fulfill their potential then I'm not sure I see a spot for DDJ.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 3rd in the Major League in RBI, granted just ahead of two others, for the year. But to be in the top 5 is pretty good for a team which didn't hit the HR ball consistently.

Surprising to see how many just want to move on from a guy in DeShields who, despite is lack of power and arm, was the catalyst which got this team in the PS. He scored almost 50% of the time he reached base, and it seems other teams were always aware of his speed. Generally speaking, he had a good eye at the plate as well.

I see the Rangers moving MM as almost a sure thing. We'd lose a very good 1st BM, but he's an injury in waiting and runs very hot/very cold at bat too often, and we've got to rid of all these left handed bats.

If we expect Mazara and Gallo fairly soon, that's two more lefties in waiting too.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 3rd in the Major League in RBI, granted just ahead of two others, for the year. But to be in the top 5 is pretty good for a team which didn't hit the HR ball consistently.

Surprising to see how many just want to move on from a guy in DeShields who, despite is lack of power and arm, was the catalyst which got this team in the PS. He scored almost 50% of the time he reached base, and it seems other teams were always aware of his speed. Generally speaking, he had a good eye at the plate as well.

I see the Rangers moving MM as almost a sure thing. We'd lose a very good 1st BM, but he's an injury in waiting and runs very hot/very cold at bat too often, and we've got to rid of all these left handed bats.

If we expect Mazara and Gallo fairly soon, that's two more lefties in waiting too.

I agree on Mitch, if we're going to replace him with a legitimate bat. Mitch's value will never be higher. Now's the time to move him. Napoli could play 1b, but I'm not sure he'll give us consistent production all year, still an option.

Again, you and Scotty are misinterpreting what I'm saying about DeShields. I like him a lot, but there's no comparison of ceilings between he and Brinson and Mazara. If Brinson and Mazara meet their potential, and with us having Choo for the foreseeable future, where does he fit in? I'm not kicking DeShields out the door. I'm going to make those guys earn it. But if they do, we're in a great spot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. unknown/Brinson

2. unknown

3. Beltre (maybe)

4. unknown

5. unknown

6. unknown

7. unknown

8. Chirinos

9. Odor
I believe you are picking and choosing which part of the comments to pay attention to. You are leaving out important parts of those comments.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding to the payroll by upgrading is not rebuilding at all. What are you talking about?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy one year anniversary to Banister on his signing as manager. Another thing Eric Nadel mentioned yesterday was that he thought the managing job Banny did this year was the best job of managing that he has witnessed since he has been here. And Eric has been around here for a long time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Mitch, if we're going to replace him with a legitimate bat. Mitch's value will never be higher. Now's the time to move him. Napoli could play 1b, but I'm not sure he'll give us consistent production all year, still an option.

Again, you and Scotty are misinterpreting what I'm saying about DeShields. I like him a lot, but there's no comparison of ceilings between he and Brinson and Mazara. If Brinson and Mazara meet their potential, and with us having Choo for the foreseeable future, where does he fit in? I'm not kicking DeShields out the door. I'm going to make those guys earn it. But if they do, we're in a great spot.
If Brinson and Mazara continue to develop then having a guy like DeShields as the odd man out would be a great problem to have.