• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your team's worst draft pick since 1990

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is anyone worse than Dimitrius Underwood for the Vikings?

A horrible pick for sure. But we actually came out of that draft with a somewhat decent haul. So it wasn't really a killer. Just another in a LONG line of busts for the Vikes.

The pick that killed us the most IMO was Christian Ponder. And there really isn't a close 2nd. We ruined Peterson's prime with him and set the franchise back 3 years with that selection. If the Vikes don't pick him, there is a better than solid chance that Ryan Tannehill is selected by the Vikes the following year. And while he isn't Brady or anything, he is good enough that we would have been an interesting team the last couple of years.

There really is no bigger mistake in the NFL than taking the wrong QB in a draft. It almost guarantees you 2 or 3 years of some pretty ugly football when you make that mistake.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible list of the Vikes now that I read it. They put Kenechi Udeze on there and he wasn't even that big of a bust. He was disappointing in that he couldn't rush the passer but he was well above average against the run and really looked to be finding his niche in his final season before he was diagnosed with Leukemia.

Williamson was a PR disaster more than anything. What killed about that pick is the decision to trade Moss more than the decision to draft Williamson.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David LaFleur & Shante Carver. However if you went back to 89' wasting a 1st round pick on Steve Walsh after taking Aikman #1 was pretty stupid if you ask me.

Do you know that with one of the picks that we got from NO for trading Walsh we drafted Erik Williams?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can argue against Jamarcus Russell being the worst pick of the last 25 years. We are talking the 1st overall pick who was hyped up by every analyst out there as the next great thing in the league to see him only start a handful of games and then get addicted to whatever it was that he got addicted to. Only player close is maybe Ryan Leaf because well he just blew a fuse one day but other than the mental anguish he actually showed some promise as a quarterback in the few games he got to play in. Just mentally wasn't ready.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1a) Jason Smith, OT Baylor #2 overall

1b) Sam Bradford #1 overall over Suh

The Rams own this thread.

What? No Trung Candidate? No Robert Thomas? No Damione Lewis or Adam Archuleta? No Lawrence Phillips?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

Ted Thompson was reportedly the only GM in the league with a first round grade on the guy - drafted 16th overall in 2007. He was injured before he was drafted and Thompson drafted him anyway. He touched the field in a grand total of 14 games through four miserable injury-plagued seasons with the Packers and accrued a whopping 18 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and 0 interceptions in those games.

My personal least favorite draft pick is CB Ahmad Carroll. He was a primary reason the Packers drafted 5th overall in 2006.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can argue against Jamarcus Russell being the worst pick of the last 25 years. We are talking the 1st overall pick who was hyped up by every analyst out there as the next great thing in the league to see him only start a handful of games and then get addicted to whatever it was that he got addicted to. Only player close is maybe Ryan Leaf because well he just blew a fuse one day but other than the mental anguish he actually showed some promise as a quarterback in the few games he got to play in. Just mentally wasn't ready.

NFL TV on their Top Ten draft busts had Russell No.1 and Leaf #2. Russell got the money and his weight balooned. He wasn't motivated. It was reported in our local paper that he bailed on the team's end of season meeting and was spoted in Los Vegas partying.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the worst 1st round pick for my team ever, arguably the worst first round pick ever........

Jamarcus Russell

Agreed. I'm just thankful the Lions weren't the worst team the year before. Otherwise, Millen would have taken Russell, and the Raiders would have had to settle for Calvin Johnson.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions had Matt Millen for 8 years.

Don't even go there.
The Lions got out of their funk before the Rams, though, due to getting Stafford instead of Jason Smith. Then again, the Lions did just draft Ebron and he seems kinda busty at this point

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions got out of their funk before the Rams, though, due to getting Stafford instead of Jason Smith. Then again, the Lions did just draft Ebron and he seems kinda busty at this point

Don't get me started. I wanted Donald. :rant:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions had Matt Millen for 8 years.

Don't even go there.

Rams might have been the worst team in NFL history in a 10 year span from 2003-2012. Their draft picks were pretty bad.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oher has had a pretty long career. Hard to claim he was a bust.
I don't think he as a bust, I just listed who I thought were the 5 worst 1st round picks in Ravens' history.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

Ted Thompson was reportedly the only GM in the league with a first round grade on the guy - drafted 16th overall in 2007. He was injured before he was drafted and Thompson drafted him anyway. He touched the field in a grand total of 14 games through four miserable injury-plagued seasons with the Packers and accrued a whopping 18 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles and 0 interceptions in those games.

My personal least favorite draft pick is CB Ahmad Carroll. He was a primary reason the Packers drafted 5th overall in 2006.

I will go with Jamal Reynolds... #10 overall and was out of the NFL after 2 years.... 16 career tackles.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of yuck... But the most disappointing has got to be LIMAS SWEED!

Still hate that bastard.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else having problems typing & posting comments this morning? Once again the lag's & delay's on SportsHoopla are totally fucked up. Although this is nothing new, it's been happening a lot lately.
Have you tried taking off your pants before you post?