• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your team's All Time favorite top 4?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Steinbrenner - (graduated from Ohio St and was an assistant coach under Woody Hayes) - probably the most successful owner of any sport ever
Woody Hayes - led the Buckeyes to 3 consensus national championships and 2 others. 3-time coach of the year award winner
Jesse Owens - arguably the greatest track and field athlete of all-time
Jack Nicklaus - arguably the best golfer of all-time

Fun fact: Bob Knight - didn't actual coach at Ohio St, but attended Ohio St

The list doesn't get much better. Arguably the best owner, one of the best coaches in college football, arguably the best golfer ever, and arguably the best track star.

:wave:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely true. Switzer lied to Aikman about changing the offense. Aikman would have left even without the ankle injury and getting replaced by Holiway. Switzer made a token call to UCLA. UCLA would have taken him anyway.
I was going to school with his sister so she told me the real story.

And I was told point blank by someone who was in the room during their conversation about what was said between Switzer and Donahue. The person who told me was in the University of Oklahoma athletic department for 35 years and I have no doubt he told me the truth. Switzer went out of his way to help Aikman. And the situation at OU when all this came down was Aikman was not going to be replaced by Holieway while Aikman was still healthy. If Aikman hadn't gotten hurt, even the Miami players said years later after the game that OU would likely have won that game. Aikman was definitely good enough to have won the NC. If that had happened who knows what would have ever happened to Holieway?

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Steinbrenner - (graduated from Ohio St and was an assistant coach under Woody Hayes) - probably the most successful owner of any sport ever
Woody Hayes - led the Buckeyes to 3 consensus national championships and 2 others. 3-time coach of the year award winner

The list doesn't get much better. Arguably the best owner, one of the best coaches in college football, arguably the best golfer ever, and arguably the best track star.

Oh, yeah... we got Ari Gold!

ari-gold-entourage.jpg

Technically, the fictional character

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greatest owner in sports? Jerry Buss (Wyoming BS USC gradschool PHD)) owned the Lakers for 10 championships while Georges Yankees won seven.George was banned from the sport for few years . Jerry helped make the NBA what it is today with showtime and the Laker girls and made basketball cool. When he took over the NBA finals were on tape delay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatest owner in sports? Jerry Buss (Wyoming BS USC gradschool PHD)) owned the Lakers for 10 championships while Georges Yankees won seven.George was banned from the sport for few years . Jerry helped make the NBA what it is today with showtime and the Laker girls and made basketball cool. When he took over the NBA finals were on tape delay.

That's why I said probably. Definitely in baseball he is.

Steinbrenner was richer, so it makes him better :laugh3:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 40 NCAA HOF, there are to many to mention.... Now if I was a fan of lets say Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State or Oklahoma, that would be real easy to say...

I'll help you out, only maybe a fraction of those players weren't paid off so you can select from that group.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers Basketball
Frank the Tank best player in the Country
Sam Decker
Arlando Tucker
Devin Harris
Jermichael Finley

Badgers Football
Russel Wilson: Best QB in the NFL under 30
JJ Swatt: Best defensive player in the NFL
Chris Borland: Was looking like the best MLB in the NFL until injury forced early retirement
Melvin Gordan: One of the best seasons in NCAA history ever as a RB

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State
Kirk Gibson - held the team receiving record for almost 20 years and was kicked out of his last game for fighting
Le'veon Bell - one of the top running backs in the NFL right now and hurdled several players. Awesome to see him run
Mark Dantonio - best head coach Michigan State has ever had
Bubba Smith - the man who stopped a Polk High Fullback from scoring a 4th touchdown but those fucking refs screwed up.

Honorable mention - Morten Anderson - all-time leading scorer in NFL history

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting topic. If we're talking strictly football:

Jerry Kramer
Dennis Erickson
John Friesz
Doug Nussmeier

Arguments could be made for John L. Smith.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting topic. If we're talking strictly football:

Jerry Kramer
Dennis Erickson
John Friesz
Doug Nussmeier

Arguments could be made for John L. Smith.
Fuck JLS

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dat Nguyen.......Forgot how good he was as an Aggie.

My 4 are:
Dat
John David Crow
Quentin Coryatt
Ray Childress

Also receiving votes
Jack Pardee
Sam Adams
Kevin Murrary....His son may be a douche, but Dad was a great Aggie QB
Dave Elmendorf.....All American in football & baseball (Academic AA in both also)
Lester Hayes
Curtis Dickey

Forgot about him, he was a good one. I knew a lady (believe she played on the 'other' team, if ya know what I mean) who worked for the justice system in Texas...she had a huge picture of Childress in her office, like 30 x 40, and a few smaller mementos. She was a big fan. She was also big, mean and black as night and carried a gun. Thank goodness she liked me and was a friend.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might swap Ross Browner for Ara, but that's a tough call.

Montana because of what he did at ND or in the NFL? Wouldn't Tim Brown or even Teo rate as better at ND?
Just wondering.