• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your team's All Time favorite top 4?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban, Bear, Namath, Alexander

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VY and Earl for sure. Colt maybe if you really think he was more deserving than James Street who won a NC, was 20-0 as a starter at QB and also pitched the last perfect game at Texas. But dumbass Ricky over Darrell Royal whose name is on your stadium? No way.

I picked players only. If I went coaches that would be 4 by itself.

Ricky was arguably one of the greatest collegiate backs of all time. Not sure how you can complain about that.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not complaining, Star. I just didn't know you were excluding coaches. But I would still put James Street in over Ricky any day. James Street was a once in a century player. He was the "white Bo Jackson". The guy played outstanding football and baseball and he could also play elite golf and tennis. Unbelievable athlete. And he won one of the greatest NC games of all time. How quickly we forget.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My time at Ohio State was 2003-200

Kind of a long story because it has a variety of reasons. Nugent's time was also my time as a student. Him working with Jeff Wilkins (YSU and St Louis Rams kicker)between his freshman and sophomore year and completely coming out a new kicker was really cool to see. Only kicker in Ohio State history to be given MVP honors. Tresses ball doesn't work nearly as well without him. The guy was money. I loved that they would always play the intro to Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold" anytime he was about to kick the ball. Lastly, on senior day, with all the big names that were going out with him, Nuge got the loudest cheer of all in the stadium that day.

All in all, if I were to sit down and really think about it, I don't know if Mike would still be on there. For some reason those four were the first four I thought of. Was also trying to keep it to players I personally remember so couldn't do Archie or Woody.

Thank you for the explanation. Thinking back, I don't think I ever bothered to watch FGs or XPs his last 2 years because I pretty much knew they were going to be good.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not complaining, Star. I just didn't know you were excluding coaches. But I would still put James Street in over Ricky any day. James Street was a once in a century player. He was the "white Bo Jackson". The guy played outstanding football and baseball and he could also play elite golf and tennis. Unbelievable athlete. And he won one of the greatest NC games of all time. How quickly we forget.

Didn't forget......but let's be honest, between Texas and OU, it's pretty hard to narrow it to 4. So much greatness has passed through both campuses.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't forget......but let's be honest, between Texas and OU, it's pretty hard to narrow it to 4. So much greatness has passed through both campuses.

No kidding. And OU has the state of Texas to thank for a couple of our all time greatest players: Billy Sims and Adrian Peterson. And Jack Mildren would be up there too along with about a dozen other players who came from the state of Texas. Thank God for scholarship limits or UT would have the market cornered on the best players in Texas.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great, you two geniuses just started the end of the world, thanks.

Revelations 61:44

"I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, 'Come!' I looked, and there before me was a Longhorn and Sooner sharing mutual respect."

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, you two geniuses just started the end of the world, thanks.

Revelations 61:44

"I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, 'Come!' I looked, and there before me was a Longhorn and Sooner sharing mutual respect."
hell-frozen.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My time at Ohio State was 2003-200

Kind of a long story because it has a variety of reasons. Nugent's time was also my time as a student. Him working with Jeff Wilkins (YSU and St Louis Rams kicker)between his freshman and sophomore year and completely coming out a new kicker was really cool to see. Only kicker in Ohio State history to be given MVP honors. Tresses ball doesn't work nearly as well without him. The guy was money. I loved that they would always play the intro to Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold" anytime he was about to kick the ball. Lastly, on senior day, with all the big names that were going out with him, Nuge got the loudest cheer of all in the stadium that day.

All in all, if I were to sit down and really think about it, I don't know if Mike would still be on there. For some reason those four were the first four I thought of. Was also trying to keep it to players I personally remember so couldn't do Archie or Woody.
Nice, we were there during the same years it sounds like. Where'd you stay in 03-04?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Mariota, Steve Prefontain(cross country/track), Ashton Eaton(track), Mike Bellotti

Football only
Marcus Mariota, La Michael James, Haloti Ngata, Mike Bellotti

Last edited:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again a longhorn leaves a 3 time National Champion coach off the list. I find that a little odd. I understand Earl, Street, & VY, but Ricky? Not saying you're wrong. After all its "your 4", but how does a 3X NC coach not make the cut. He isn't even in the honorable mention.

I decided I was just doing players-football players. Hard enough to find four when just taking football players; to include coaches, BBall, Baseball,etc., was above my pay grade.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General Neyland
Reggie White
Al Wilson
Deon Grant

*Tee Martin and Eric Berry were hard for me to leave off.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and all you guys doubting Ricky Williams? Damn, thinking you're just colored by his pot smoking, or anxiety disorder, etc.

I watched Earl (even saw him in high school, I was a kid who's two best friends' big brothers played for Austin Reagan-a perennial state champ contender/winner, and who went on to play at UT with Earl), Roosevelt Leaks, Butch Hadnot, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf, all in person.

And other than Earl, Ricky was the best. He had the knack, the ability to get it done.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman also has a National Championship ring he got at Oklahoma but he never talks about it. Aikman's always been a bitter little man about getting replaced by Holieway after he got his ankle busted up against Miami. There is a hell of an inside story at OU about how Switzer went out of his way to help Aikman after that happened. But Aikman never talks about that does he?

Not entirely true. Switzer lied to Aikman about changing the offense. Aikman would have left even without the ankle injury and getting replaced by Holiway. Switzer made a token call to UCLA. UCLA would have taken him anyway.
I was going to school with his sister so she told me the real story.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and all you guys doubting Ricky Williams? Damn, thinking you're just colored by his pot smoking, or anxiety disorder, etc.

I watched Earl (even saw him in high school, I was a kid who's two best friends' big brothers played for Austin Reagan-a perennial state champ contender/winner, and who went on to play at UT with Earl), Roosevelt Leaks, Butch Hadnot, Cedric Benson, Jamaal Charles, Priest Holmes, Eric Metcalf, all in person.

And other than Earl, Ricky was the best. He had the knack, the ability to get it done.
favorite =/= best

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rimington
Scherr
Suh
Rozier