• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your programs top 10 QBs according to you

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but Tom Brady at the top is a joke. Split time with Henson. Highest passing total was 2427. He had 14 TDs and 10 Ints. 2200 his senior yr with 16 TDs and 6 Ints. Great NFL player, but no way was he the best Michigan QB in college

brady is top 10 nfl, not top 10 for his own school, ironic but so true

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerry Collins and that 94 Penn State team was the real deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes not, he wasnt good at all.........was just highly touted

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Turner Gill
2. Tommie Frazier
3. Scott Frost
4. Eric Crouch
5. Dave Humm
6. Vince Ferragamo
7. Jerry Tagge
8. Steve Taylor
9. Gerry Gdowski
10. Jammal Lord

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the guys I remember:
1). Tom Clements
2). Tony Rice
3). Joe Theisman
4). Joe Montana
5). Terry Hanratty
6). Rick Mirer
7). Brady Quinn
8). Jimmy Clausen
9). Steve Beurlein
10). Ron Powlus

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He may be the #1 dual threat high school QB in the nation for 2015, but Kyle Allen was the #1 rated overall QB period in 2014 and completely burned up last year's Elite 11. I watched a couple of his high school games and he's an absolute stud. I bet there's a good chance he keeps Murray on the bench. You're gonna love him. Don't be surprised if he wins the QB job outright as a true freshman this season.

Short, dual threat QB's excel in Sumlin's offense. Murray is listed as 5'11, which means he's probably around 5'9. Allen played his high school ball in the state of AZ, which is some of the worst high school football in the country. Connor Brewer was a highly ranked pro style QB out of Scottsdale, AZ who committed to Texas. He was terrible, couldn't beat out 3 star David Ash and was 4th on the depth chart. He transferred and I'm not sure if he's still playing football. I lived in the Tempe/Scottsdale area for almost 10 years and watched that god awful high school football. Don't be surprised if Kenny Hill or Murray are starting after Allen busts out.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short, dual threat QB's excel in Sumlin's offense. Murray is listed as 5'11, which means he's probably around 5'9. Allen played his high school ball in the state of AZ, which is some of the worst high school football in the country. Connor Brewer was a highly ranked pro style QB out of Scottsdale, AZ who committed to Texas. He was terrible, couldn't beat out 3 star David Ash and was 4th on the depth chart. He transferred and I'm not sure if he's still playing football. I lived in the Tempe/Scottsdale area for almost 10 years and watched that god awful high school football. Don't be surprised if Kenny Hill or Murray are starting after Allen busts out.

We'll see.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kenny Hill ran pretty much the same offense in HS and has had a little bit of playing time moping up against some scrubs last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kenny start this season and Murray getting a red shirt next season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Hill ran pretty much the same offense in HS and has had a little bit of playing time moping up against some scrubs last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Kenny start this season and Murray getting a red shirt next season.
-
Redshirting is just so important, especially for a guy like Murray. Obvious talent, but he is a little guy. WOuld serve him well to add 15 LB of muscle and learning the offense. Throw him in early and you can pretty much guarantee that if his first option is not open, he will just take off. Not a knock on him, but a knock on pretty much any mobile freshman QB.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Tommie Frazier
2- Turner Gill
3- Scott Frost
4- Eric Crouch
5- Jerry Tagge
6- Vince Ferragamo
7- Joe Ganz
8- Steve Taylor
9- Dave Humm
10- Brook Berringer
11- Gerry Gdowski
12- Zac Taylor
13- .... oh, sorry, I'll stop now.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every year Phoenix has multiple high school teams ranked in the top 25 and the city produces a ton of four and five star players. There's good football being played out here. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year Phoenix has multiple high school teams ranked in the top 25 and the city produces a ton of four and five star players. There's good football being played out here. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I think both of you are over-estimating Phoenix in different directions. Arizona is still relatively a minor recruiting ground, but the population growth seen there has seen its importance grow. It is actually an area that I think Texas should be more involved in. Relatively few major players involved and weak in-state options (for now). Basically the entire West outside of Ca is going to become more important to recruit.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus Kenny Hill played ball at one of the best powerhouses in all of the country. Southlake Carroll is QB High. No other high school in the country has produced more D1 QB's in the last 10 years than Carroll has.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they don't. In fact, according to Max Preps, only one high school from the Phoenix metro area has finished in the top 25 the last 3 years (Chandler Hamilton) and they finished #17 last year. Again, I lived in Scottsdale for a decade and watched plenty of high school football during that time frame. There is a reason ASU and UofA are never NC contenders and aren't powerhouses; the in state talent is just mediocre.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both of you are over-estimating Phoenix in different directions. Arizona is still relatively a minor recruiting ground, but the population growth seen there has seen its importance grow. It is actually an area that I think Texas should be more involved in. Relatively few major players involved and weak in-state options (for now). Basically the entire West outside of Ca is going to become more important to recruit.

Not really. Mack already recruited one QB from AZ who was one of the top QB recruits in the country and he wound up 4th on the depth chart (behind Case freakin' McCoy, mind you) and transferred. Grant it, that's only one player, but that state lacks talent in a severe way.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. In fact, according to Max Preps, only one high school from the Phoenix metro area has finished in the top 25 the last 3 years (Chandler Hamilton) and they finished #17 last year. Again, I lived in Scottsdale for a decade and watched plenty of high school football during that time frame. There is a reason ASU and UofA are never NC contenders and aren't powerhouses; the in state talent is just mediocre.

They have a much better recruiting bed than Oregon. The Ducks seem to be in the NC hunt without a state rich talent pool.

That Cali pipeline is exploited by the whole west coast.

The reason Zona and ASU haven't really done anything is because of choices at HC. Which they both seem to have made good hires.

But I do get it, obviously if your program is in one of the mega recruiting hotbeds it is a huge advantage.

But it is more about the coaching staff. Evidenced by the fact that the program with the best recruiting grounds in the country, UT didn't have a single player drafted.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a much better recruiting bed than Oregon. The Ducks seem to be in the NC hunt without a state rich talent pool.

That Cali pipeline is exploited by the whole west coast.

The reason Zona and ASU haven't really done anything is because of choices at HC. Which they both seem to have made good hires.

But I do get it, obviously if your program is in one of the mega recruiting hotbeds it is a huge advantage.

But it is more about the coaching staff. Evidenced by the fact that the program with the best recruiting grounds in the country, UT didn't have a single player drafted.

Meh, 1st time since 1937 that happened. Eventually, that streak was going to end. Not sure if there is another school out there who had at least 1 player drafted in the AFL/NFL for 76 years in a row. Plus, I don't think there is another coach out there who has produced more elite NFL talent than Mack Brown has, but regardless, he needed to step down; his time was up. They don't have that much of a recruiting hot bed than Oregon, IMO. You don't need to recruit in state in order to have a good program. Hell, OU would have to drop football altogether if they had to recruit in state only and Oregon seems to do just fine without elite in state talent. I was just pointing out to the BSU fan that the state of AZ plays some mediocre high school football and that's simply b/c the state of AZ doesn't produce enough elite talent. Just checked out Rivals rankings for 2015 and the state of AZ has one player ranked in the top 100.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Kenny Hill played ball at one of the best powerhouses in all of the country. Southlake Carroll is QB High. No other high school in the country has produced more D1 QB's in the last 10 years than Carroll has.

I heard somewhere that Southlake recruits HS kids and several big wheels will give their parents coush jobs makin six figures so that they can move to that school district. That place is too rich for me. Tried to exit there once and my steering wheel wouldn't turn. Cars under $60K are programmed to stay out of Southlake.