• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Pettitte's start yesterday would be what is considered "above average" in Blue Jays circles.

More important is how it stacks up in Yankees' circles.

Are they going to overcome every 4-run, 4-walk outing he puts out? Or is he going to suffer from one of those mysterious maladies that Roy Halliday is about to experience?

Shoulda stuck with his third retirement.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN!
The players that they have been?

WHo?! WHo exactly is not exactly what you should have expected?
Johnson?
Burhele?
Melky?
Lawrie?
Bautista?

They are all low OB% guys that strike out a ton and hit HR's. - Except non Steroid Melky, he is just not a MLB player and should be wearing a mask every time he cashes a pay check

stupid ass..
is johnson the player he has been his career.
is bautista the player he has been
melky
bonifacio
buehrle
dickey
izturus
lawrie

any of them performing up to career standards. or even up to recent standards?
you keep saying this and that. and have nothing absolutely nothing FACTUAL to present.
you asked me the other day to tell you all the players who batted over .270 and give you OBP. i did and you disappeared from that argument cus it made you look dumb. then you're boy VP tried to save you to no avail. so again.. if the players play up to their career numbers or recent numbers the jays will go on a run. just like i have been saying

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you felt the need to bring it up.

Yes, Peter. There are people in the world who earn a good living and manage their money like an adult... They can elect to attend professional sporting events without missing a mortgage payment.

It's a combination of responsible adulthood and die hard sports fanaticism.

Haters hate out of jealousy. Fact, not opinion.

pete rode his gold embossed, rhino leather reclining motorized office chair around manhattan all weekend

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nd as soon as they get some consistent games on both sides of the ball they will go on a run

Um... the Jays have been consistent on both sides

No team in baseball has been more consistent than the Jays

The way they are playing now is the way they were playing 2 weeks ago, and the way they were playing 4 weeks ago and the way they were playing the minute the season started

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love how the Cardinals are playing so well yet they haven't gotten David Freese or Alan Craig where they normally are.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pete rode his gold embossed, rhino leather reclining motorized office chair around manhattan all weekend

Nope, me and my six roomates ate cup of noodles while getting high!

that's cool!

I wasn't in the city this weekend...my gold chair was safely in the office.

Thanks for your concern.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stupid ass..
is johnson the player he has been his career.
is bautista the player he has been
melky
bonifacio
buehrle
dickey
izturus
lawrie

any of them performing up to career standards

Make sure to remind everyone that for "career standards", Roidtista's and Dickey's career started 3 years ago, Melky's started 2 years ago, and Lawrie's ever started

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--

oops!

Meant Jays

Rays, fully expect them to be right there contending for division and playoffs, as usual

Jays.........not sure Heat.......thats a big hole

and it is getting late pretty early for them

it is a big hole. i agree. but i truly believe they will make a run.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys who post pictures of dogs that look like furry cocks really shouldn't comment on how others spend their time.

Go lick my avatar.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... the Jays have been consistent on both sides

No team in baseball has been more consistent than the Jays

The way they are playing now is the way they were playing 2 weeks ago, and the way they were playing 4 weeks ago and the way they were playing the minute the season started

And as usual I get proven correct...the rays are as inconsistent as they always are.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure to remind everyone that for "career standards", Roidtista's and Dickey's career started 3 years ago, Melky's started 2 years ago, and Lawrie's ever started

yes so there is a pattern of being good for at least 3 years. large enough sample size to expect that what they are giving a the current moment is under performing. thanks for making my point asshole:yahoo::yahoo:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love how the Cardinals are playing so well yet they haven't gotten David Freese or Alan Craig where they normally are.

I've had it up to here with Freese. I had a chance to pick up Matt carpenter to replace him, but nooooo, Freese will come around they said. Just wait it out they said.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Buccs, if you're lurking...maybe you've already seen, but Yeovil have beaten the Blades on aggregate, so United will be staying put in League One.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had it up to here with Freese. I had a chance to pick up Matt carpenter to replace him, but nooooo, Freese will come around they said. Just wait it out they said.

I never said it..while he should come around, no sense on passing on Carpenter with his 2B eligibility.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More important is how it stacks up in Yankees' circles.

Are they going to overcome every 4-run, 4-walk outing he puts out? Or is he going to suffer from one of those mysterious maladies that Roy Halliday is about to experience?

Shoulda stuck with his third retirement.

How does Pettitte handle his eventual demotion to the bullpen?

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, me and my six roomates ate cup of noodles while getting high!

that's cool!

I wasn't in the city this weekend...my gold chair was safely in the office.

Thanks for your concern.

I'll let you know just as soon as I start giving a fuck.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady: ?I Feel Like I?m 25? « CBS Boston

Tom Brady: ‘I Feel Like I’m 25′

May 6, 2013 11:38 AM

View Comments

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady will turn 36 years old this summer. He hasn’t led the Patriots to a Super Bowl win in nearly a decade. He just lost the most reliable receiver he’s ever had to free agency, and he enters the 2013 season with the most questionable receiving corps he’s had since 2006.
So you wouldn’t be crazy to have some doubts about the upcoming season … but you would be crazy if you think Brady has any doubts of his own.
“I feel like I’m 25,” Brady said in an extensive feature story in ESPN The Magazine.
The story captures Brady, his mind-set, his goals, his challenges raising children in a celebrity-obsessed culture and his never-ending quest for perfection, which we’ve all gotten familiar with over the past dozen years.

“Could we win the Super Bowl every year? Of course — and that’s the goal,” Brady said in the magazine. “But the reality is based on injuries and different margins for error. In certain games, you have to be perfect, and if you’re less than perfect, you’re gonna get beat.”
Brady’s learned that, of course, on some grand stages over the years — the AFC Championship Games in 2006 and 2012, the Super Bowls in 2007 and 2011, most notably. He said that he still regrets a bad throw to Laurence Maroney in Super Bowl XLII, one that could have changed the entire game, and also the slightly off-target pass that Wes Welker could not hold onto in Super Bowl XLVI.
“I’ve learned that it’s hard to close it out,” he admitted. “In 2001, it was miraculous for us to win. In 2007, it was miraculous for the Giants to win. But no one remembers that. They remember who got the trophy.”
Still, past missteps serve only as motivation for Brady, and when he takes the field in September, he’ll be wholly focused on the task at hand. That’s due mostly to Brady’s inner drive, but he said that his determination was aided by — of all things — a documentary on an 85-year-old chef’s quest to improve upon his sushi.
“It smacked me in the face as a reaffirmation,” Brady said in the feature. “Just be in the moment. What’s better than what you’re doing? Nothing.”

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it..while he should come around, no sense on passing on Carpenter with his 2B eligibility.

I know - just kidding around. Some numbnuts in my league cut carpenter and I was being greedy waiting for him to clear waivers. Turns out another guy put in a waiver claim for him.