• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock - is that the Miz (aka Mike from the Real World)?

its off an old chappelle show skit

the mad real world

"hey fat boy, shut your mouth before i cut some bacon off your back"

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles
Rays
Sox
Yankees
Jays

Thats mine revised after 1 month

For context, what was your original order?

Any of the top 4 teams can really win it.

Only the Jays completely played themselves out of it before fans even got to their seats

"but..... but..... but..... scorched earth! Did you see how they obliterated the Mariners yesterday, managing to salvage a game at home against them"

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its off an old chappelle show skit

the mad real world

"hey fat boy, shut your mouth before i cut some bacon off your back"

Yeah now I remember. That's Christian Finnegan being choked about by Chappelle. Used to be on Best Week Ever.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only the Jays completely played themselves out of it before fans even got to their seats

"but..... but..... but..... scorched earth! Did you see how they obliterated the Mariners yesterday, managing to salvage a game at home against them"

I'd post everyone's original picks but it would require quite a bit of CBS hacking. I was hoping Snoogins could help with that.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good argument. Look at it in a different way: in order to go 82-48 the rest of the way, they'd have to be on a pace that would be 102-60 over the course of an entire season. Do they have a 102-win roster? I don't think so. And with Reyes out for at least 70 games, the challenge becomes even more difficult.

agreed on it becoming that much more difficult. and i also agree that they dug themselves a hole early. but the one thing i got hope for is that they have so many head to head games with the division. and altho they are struggling big time i do think they will start to become the players they have been and that will translate to more wins. luckily its may and not june or july when they are playing this horrible. but there is less margin for error i do admit that

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed on it becoming that much more difficult. and i also agree that they dug themselves a hole early. but the one thing i got hope for is that they have so many head to head games with the division. and altho they are struggling big time i do think they will start to become the players they have been and that will translate to more wins. luckily its may and not june or july when they are playing this horrible. but there is less margin for error i do admit that

Don't give up heat. The Brewers almost did it last year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone hear that caller on WEEI bitching and moaning that the Watertown police were going down the street and door to door with their weapons drawn? He claims they shouldn't have done that! What an idiot!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

better to suck now then in august and september... But this is a pretty big hole they have dug themselves.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah now I remember. That's Christian Finnegan being choked about by Chappelle. Used to be on Best Week Ever.

thats his name lol

his girlfriend comes down from maine

"my man lysol will take care of katie"

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a good argument. Look at it in a different way: in order to go 82-48 the rest of the way, they'd have to be on a pace that would be 102-60 over the course of an entire season. Do they have a 102-win roster? I don't think so. And with Reyes out for at least 70 games, the challenge becomes even more difficult.

You're being way too polite.... it ain't happening

This isn't a case of a team just having a rough stretch - i.e. a 7-8 game losing streak because of bad luck or injuries

They're consistently losing series after series, they're pitching is terrible, they're offense is terrible, they're losing at home, they're losing on the road, they're losing to good teams, they're losing to bad teams, they're losing to lefties, they're losing to righties etc. etc.

At a certain point (10 games out by Cinco de Mayo being well past that point), it's time to call a spade a spade.... they're just not a good team. Period.

If they fall this far behind the current of Yankees, what's going to happen when the Yankees get Granderson, Youkilis and Tex back?

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you see how this works everybody.. had morrow pitched a horrific game. this would be about morrow. but since he didn't it's "the jays salvaged a game in the series". :lame:

nothing about the mariners coming in hot. nothing about pettite getting bombed his last two starts. nothing about the yankees losing a series to the A's. :clap::clap:

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pretty much universally accepted he did a bad job in the draft, provided little to no depth at key positions (injuries forced guys like barbosa, when he was in, to play PG...and terry is a SG, not a PG, by nature)

he tried to bring allen back, he tried to draft well, he tried to scramble to get parts to overcome injuries

tried/failed

ainge hasnt done well since getting the big 3, as far as scoping talent and maximizing trades.

jeff green i can give you...

all we got from green is a few flashes of how great he can be, and a lot of head scratching

This is pretty much all totally inaccurate.

Sullinger was labelled one of the steals of the draft. People talked about how their depth rivaled San Antonio's..

You're just pulling shit out of your ass. None of it is accurate.

Saying the Celtics had no depth this year is as dumb as anything you've said this side of "Manny Pacquaio has better technique than Floyd Mayweather"

When Mayweather is pretty much known as the greatest technician that the sport has ever seen.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i haven't given up. it's too early to. i know my boys have stunk it up big time. i know that there is a streak coming and when it does. they will be right back in the hunt.

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree that everyone sans the Jays are still in it.

I believe I originally had it

Rays
Orioles
Jays
Sox
Yanks
But truly believed that the range from last to first was going to be 70-90 wins. I never saw anyone being dominant in this division this year and thought any one of the teams could win.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brewers were a 95 win team the year before, played in a horrific division, had the best player in the National League.... and didn't actually come back

And that was one of the better attempts at getting out of that hole.

The Blue Jays don't have 36 games against the Cubs and Astros to fall back on

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see how this works everybody.. had morrow pitched a horrific game. this would be about morrow. but since he didn't it's "the jays salvaged a game in the series". :lame:

nothing about the mariners coming in hot. nothing about pettite getting bombed his last two starts. nothing about the yankees losing a series to the A's. :clap::clap:

I think it should really be noted how bad the other "paper Champs" LAA has been playing too...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty much all totally inaccurate.

Sullinger was labelled one of the steals of the draft. People talked about how their depth rivaled San Antonio's..

You're just pulling shit out of your ass. None of it is accurate.

Saying the Celtics had no depth this year is as dumb as anything you've said this side of "Manny Pacquaio has better technique than Floyd Mayweather"

When Mayweather is pretty much known as the greatest technician that the sport has ever seen.

sullinger was the only real quality guy they drafted, and hes a reach...could have gone 2nd round

his back issue? yeah, he had that at OSU...lets hope its not chronic

terry replaced allen, and that was a lateral move at best...turns out it was less than that

they had no size depth...i said that once already...no one effective to spell KG.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being way too polite.... it ain't happening

This isn't a case of a team just having a rough stretch - i.e. a 7-8 game losing streak because of bad luck or injuries

They're consistently losing series after series, they're pitching is terrible, they're offense is terrible, they're losing at home, they're losing on the road, they're losing to good teams, they're losing to bad teams, they're losing to lefties, they're losing to righties etc. etc.

At a certain point (10 games out by Cinco de Mayo being well past that point), it's time to call a spade a spade.... they're just not a good team. Period.

If they fall this far behind the current of Yankees, what's going to happen when the Yankees get Granderson, Youkilis and Tex back?

lol. who said they won't be playing better by the time the yankees get those players back. pettite is starting to regress already. CC isn't CC and the regression of those players you have been humping has started to show. keep thinking the jays are gonna hit .220 as a team.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should really be noted how bad the other "paper Champs" LAA has been playing too...

from yahoo:

Less than a year ago, Josh Hamilton hit 3,621 feet worth of home runs in one week. He was the best baseball player on the planet, and nobody offered much of an argument. Not Mike Trout, who was barely back in the major leagues from Triple-A, nor Miguel Cabrera, coming off an April in which he didn't hit .300. It was Hamilton alone, thanks to 18 home runs in 31 games and a swing that looked as if it never met failure.

Then came the rest of his season – the .252 batting average, the sub-.500 slugging percentage, the copious strikeouts (134 in 440 at-bats, a higher rate than Adam Dunn over his career), the blaming struggles on blue eyes and chewing tobacco, the dropped fly ball, the booing in Texas and, finally, Los Angeles Angels owner Arte Moreno playing TARP to Hamilton's AIG with a five-year, $125 million bit of heavenly manna.
Following the Angels' 31st game Sunday, all of the I-told-you-so'ers and Schadenfreudophiles are wearing permagrins at the failure that has been the Hamilton-Angels marriage.

The Angels are 11-20 after another loss to Baltimore on Sunday. Hamilton, hitting between Trout and Albert Pujols, has been one of the worst hitters in baseball. Looking at him compared to 2012 at this juncture is like seeing the fresco of Jesus turn into a monkey.

....................BA OBP SLG OPS HR RBI R BB K
Hamilton 2013 .208 .255 .296 .551 2 9 12 7 38
Hamilton 2012 .402 .457 .877 1.334 18 41 30 13 28

Through 31 games last year, he was Steroid Barry Bonds. Through 31 games this year, he is Eric Sogard (career over 271 plate appearances: .202/.256/.298).

All of this is playing out like Moreno's nuclear stinkbomb of 2012, the Pujols deal, which stretches another eight years and $212 million beyond this season, in which he's hitting .237/.319/.407 and grinding through debilitating plantar fasciitis. And it leaves us to wonder: How much of this is small-sample, sky-is-falling blather, and how much concern does it genuinely merit?

To answer that, we shall bust out our first 10 Degrees Floating Head Scale of the season. This is not Dubious Face or Dominant Face. Hamilton's start calls for Panic Face, and nothing personifies Panic Face quite like Edvard Munch's classic painting "The Scream."

Just picture it. The man is standing on a boardwalk. The ocean swirls behind him. Turns out this iconic painting is just of another frustrated fan in the OC lamenting …

Last edited by a moderator: