• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have company eventually. This yankees team = cooked.

Well the Sox got exposed this weekend so maybe it'll be the Os in first and the rest of the division tied for second (or last depending on how you want to look at it).

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ainge? lets see

perkins

missing out on kenyon martin (simply because ainge didnt like the guy)

giving doc a roster of total garbage for the most part, ESPECIALLY on the bench

no backup PG to speak of

no size/depth

granted, injuries..but when someone went down, what did he do?

dumpster dove.

oh, and whats a fab melo? wasted pick if there ever was one

you listen to 98.5...dremond green

What are you talking about? Roster of total garbage? No depth? That's just fucking stupid...

Going into this season, the Celtics had one of the deepest teams in the NBA.. It's the only reason they were able to absorb the injuries to Rondo, Sullinger and Barbosa and still make the playoffs and give the Knicks a series.

Pierce, Garnett, Bass, Rondo, Terry, Green, Lee, Sullinger, Barbosa, Bradley all started the season as part of the roster. What other teams run ten deep like that? 0.0 of those players are "total garbage"

And he tried like hell to bring back Ray Allen... That would have been ELEVEN deep...

Terry was supposed to play backup PG... and he'd have been fine in that role sharing ball handling duties with Pierce for 7-8 minutes a game that Rondo wouldn't have been on the floor.

They lost their best player to injury... And it hurt like crazy.. But that was a hella deep team that Danny gave Doc...

And yeah.. The Perkins trade hurt in the short term... but how many Hatiaan orpahans would the OKC brass murder right now to swap Perkins back for Jeff Green? Danny walked away with the best player in that deal by a country mile. It's not his fault that Green needed heart surgery that set him back two years.

And Fab Melo was a project pick. They had no room for another rookie on the roster, so they a raw kid with big size with the hopes of stashing him in the DLeague for a couple years and hoping they end up with a good player in a couple years. I had no problem with that pick either. Still don't.

Fuck dude, if you're going to bash Danny Ainge, at least have your ducks in a row when you do it.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's going to cut it for Pete or Cowboy. You probably need to post a note from your boss.

update your teams. we're Bs fans now

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 11-21. Let's say the Red Sox or Fraudkees* or Rays or Orioles win 92 games. In order for the BJs to win the division, they'd have to go 82-48 the rest of the way. I don't know, HW. I just don't see it happening.

we are talking large samples blade. you can only play the games now. you're looking at it and making it seem awfully difficult (and to some extent it will be). the jays finished april 8 games under .500 suppose this month they finish 10 games over .500. teams go on spurts. every team loses 60 games at least per year. it's what you do after you lose those 60 that makes or brakes your season.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad you're back. it wasn't east trying to fill your enormous clown shoes:suds:

did anyone else spew lies in my absence?

like im friends with dom irrera or something?

BUCCS469

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
we are talking large samples blade. you can only play the games now. you're looking at it and making it seem awfully difficult (and to some extent it will be). the jays finished april 8 games under .500 suppose this month they finish 10 games over .500. teams go on spurts. every team loses 60 games at least per year. it's what you do after you lose those 60 that makes or brakes your season.

theyd need to get to .500 in may first...before they can finish 10 games over wouldnt they?

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, i am

its universally recognized as a bonehead move

Yeah, no it isn't...

What is universally recognized is what a stupid decision it was for Martin to have his teammates dress in black for "The Celtics Funeral"...

They passed on him for a reason. And I'm still glad they did.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update your teams. we're Bs fans now

I'm still a Celtics fan - but a fan of the celtics in the alternate universe where Rondo didn't get hurt. In case you are wondering that team just advanced to the second round.

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate making revisions to my preseason predictions only 1 month into the season, but extenuating circumstances have made that unavoidable.

So I am making my first revision - flipping the Sox and Jays in the standings

1) Rays
2) Yankees
3) Orioles
4) Sox
5) Jays

I can't even remember the last time I ever changed a standings prediction so early, but then, teams usually have more than 1 series win by Cinco de Mayo

Orioles
Rays
Sox
Yankees
Jays

Thats mine revised after 1 month

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did anyone else spew lies in my absence?

like im friends with dom irrera or something?

That's confidential. But yes

But I meant I started awesome threads like you would have.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same reason dirt VP (suddenly busy) are very quiet.

doesn't have something to do with "bad predictions"
pettite becoming bad again
the yankees losing a series
or hafner and wells starting to return to their normal selves
oooooor get this. ichiro ain't batting that .288 you were humping last week :laugh3::lol::yahoo:

Geez, get over yourself. I posted this morning. I'll be posting throughout today

I'm too lazy to look it up.... is there anyone among the Yankees top 4 starters that wouldn't be leading the Jays in ERA?

Is there anyone in the Jays starting lineup that has a higher BA than Hafner or Wells or Ichiro?

Losing a series at home to the Mariners. Just when you thought the Jays couldn't set a new low

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a good argument. Look at it in a different way: in order to go 82-48 the rest of the way, they'd have to be on a pace that would be 102-60 over the course of an entire season. Do they have a 102-win roster? I don't think so. And with Reyes out for at least 70 games, the challenge becomes even more difficult.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seguin needs to step his game up

kessells problem was he feared contact...never went hard into corners, etc

seguin? same deal

hes FAR more talented than kessell, he just hasnt done much with it

No, he's not.

Phil Kessel has long been called one of the most skilled hockey players alive. I've read more than one comparison that his talent is comparable to Sidney Crosby.

But Kessel is a complete pussy, refuses to ever fight in the dirty areas or scrap at all... and he has the mental makeup of a puddle.

and before Rock goes off on a "Ron thinks Kessel is as good as Crosby"

Compare Kessel to JD Drew. People always said JD Drew was as gifted as any player of his generation.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a Celtics fan - but a fan of the celtics in the alternate universe where Rondo didn't get hurt. In case you are wondering that team just advanced to the second round.

So you need another to day to mourn. I get that

GO B's!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Roster of total garbage? No depth? That's just fucking stupid...

Going into this season, the Celtics had one of the deepest teams in the NBA.. It's the only reason they were able to absorb the injuries to Rondo, Sullinger and Barbosa and still make the playoffs and give the Knicks a series.

Pierce, Garnett, Bass, Rondo, Terry, Green, Lee, Sullinger, Barbosa, Bradley all started the season as part of the roster. What other teams run ten deep like that? 0.0 of those players are "total garbage"

And he tried like hell to bring back Ray Allen... That would have been ELEVEN deep...

Terry was supposed to play backup PG... and he'd have been fine in that role sharing ball handling duties with Pierce for 7-8 minutes a game that Rondo wouldn't have been on the floor.

They lost their best player to injury... And it hurt like crazy.. But that was a hella deep team that Danny gave Doc...

And yeah.. The Perkins trade hurt in the short term... but how many Hatiaan orpahans would the OKC brass murder right now to swap Perkins back for Jeff Green? Danny walked away with the best player in that deal by a country mile. It's not his fault that Green needed heart surgery that set him back two years.

And Fab Melo was a project pick. They had no room for another rookie on the roster, so they a raw kid with big size with the hopes of stashing him in the DLeague for a couple years and hoping they end up with a good player in a couple years. I had no problem with that pick either. Still don't.

Fuck dude, if you're going to bash Danny Ainge, at least have your ducks in a row when you do it.

its pretty much universally accepted he did a bad job in the draft, provided little to no depth at key positions (injuries forced guys like barbosa, when he was in, to play PG...and terry is a SG, not a PG, by nature)

he tried to bring allen back, he tried to draft well, he tried to scramble to get parts to overcome injuries

tried/failed

ainge hasnt done well since getting the big 3, as far as scoping talent and maximizing trades.

jeff green i can give you...

all we got from green is a few flashes of how great he can be, and a lot of head scratching

Last edited by a moderator:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not.

Phil Kessel has long been called one of the most skilled hockey players alive. I've read more than one comparison that his talent is comparable to Sidney Crosby.

:wtf2:

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock - is that the Miz (aka Mike from the Real World)?

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L O L

Another "boston wasn't beat, the refs, the wind, the weather, the taliban, etc gave away the game".

I see another MAJOR sporting event that you were in attendnence for... You are living the dream. Is there any major Boston sports event you aren't at?

Upper level, cornered on the same side that Spike Lee was on. Row 1.. $115 at Ace Ticket.

Pregamed in Cambridge for beers, took the subway to Causeway st, grabbed a slice of pizza then hit Hurricane O'Reilly's for a scotch.

Post-gamed at Brownstone in Back Bay...

One of the loudest non-football crowds I've ever been in.

Anything else you wanna know, Peter?