• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes so there is a pattern of being good for at least 3 years. large enough sample size to expect that what they are giving a the current moment is under performing. thanks for making my point asshole:yahoo::yahoo:

The Jays have a 20 year sample size of mediocrity, so I expect them to get their act together and imporve from "horrific" to "underwhelming"

Has any team in baseball been more consistent since the start of the season than the Jays? They have the same outcome every single series!

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jays have a 20 year sample size of mediocrity, so I expect them to get their act together and imporve from "horrific" to "underwhelming"

Has any team in baseball been more consistent since the start of the season than the Jays? They have the same outcome every single series!

The Reds have been consistently worse than the Cardinals all year. Stop lurking nerd boy.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Pettitte handle his eventual demotion to the bullpen?

Let's see...I'm guessing, with honor and pride. And with a sense of tradition & history.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, get over yourself. I posted this morning. I'll be posting throughout today

I'm too lazy to look it up.... is there anyone among the Yankees top 4 starters that wouldn't be leading the Jays in ERA?

Is there anyone in the Jays starting lineup that has a higher BA than Hafner or Wells or Ichiro?

Losing a series at home to the Mariners. Just when you thought the Jays couldn't set a new low

yes. pettite and nova and phelps

actually the crappy ja happ has a better era than andy pettite. :lol::laugh3: the same guy you bash consistently. isn't that some shit:omg:

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty much the only Yankee fan here who said they expected anything out of Pettitte was Dirt... And he hasn't been here in a long time.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. pettite and nova and phelps

actually the crappy ja happ has a better era than andy pettite. :lol::laugh3: the same guy you bash consistently. isn't that some shit:omg:
Nova and Phelps aren't among the Yankees top 4 starters

thanks for the heads up.... so 3 pitchers on the Yankees have lower ERA's than every single pitcher on the Jays, and 1 pitcher who has a 0.08 ERA higher than 1 of the Blue Jays pitcher (while averaging 1 more inning per start)

When you put it like that, your "you have to be an idiot to think the Yankees rotation is better than the Jays" argument before the season looks great!

:suds:

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know - just kidding around. Some numbnuts in my league cut carpenter and I was being greedy waiting for him to clear waivers. Turns out another guy put in a waiver claim for him.

I have definitely been there!

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thanks for the heads up.... so 3 pitchers on the Yankees have lower ERA's than every single pitcher on the Jays, and 1 pitcher who has a 0.08 ERA higher than 1 of the Blue Jays pitcher (while averaging 1 more inning per start)

When you put it like that, your "you have to be an idiot to think the Yankees rotation is better than the Jays" argument before the season looks great!

deflection 101.. when your :lame: point is proven to be just that:lame:and wrong. try to change the topic and go to something else.

might i remind you how you were humping pettite as if he were 20 again a couple of starts ago. now the awful JA happ(as you so eloquently stated on a daily basis) has a better era than him and now there is some kind of excuse. :laugh3:

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good afternoon bitches..

Let me guess "wait till next year, if we had a healthy Rondo and Sullinger......."

How close am I? Or are we still blaming refs?

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, pretty much the only Yankee fan here who said they expected anything out of Pettitte was Dirt... And he hasn't been here in a long time.

I expect Pettitte to pitch ok when he's healthy.

His usual schtick - eat innings, respectable ERA, several DL stints, money in October

That's ace caliber in Toronto. In New York, we'll take that as a pretty good #3

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crackin down on the sexy avs. Hope my new one is OK

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deflection 101.. when your :lame: point is proven to be just that:lame:and wrong. try to change the topic and go to something else.

might i remind you how you were humping pettite as if he were 20 again a couple of starts ago. now the awful JA happ(as you so eloquently stated on a daily basis) has a better era than him and now there is some kind of excuse. :laugh3:

My point? I asked if any Jay had an ERA lower than any of the top 4 yankee starters. You pointed out that 1 of the starters had an ERA 0.08 higher than one of the Jays starters, and I said you were correct

What exactly was I deflecting from?

I don't think "deflection" (or "consistent" for that matter) mean what you think it does

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but remember when i got." phelps is replacing Nova idiot " like he was good or something like that. how's that working for ya.
ohhh. another "prediction gone wrong"

but but but.. i am VP my predictions are always right.:lol:

i guess not so much :laugh3:

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good afternoon bitches..

Let me guess "wait till next year, if we had a healthy Rondo and Sullinger......."

How close am I? Or are we still blaming refs?

Actually Pete was taking attendance this morning and wondering why you were absent.

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point? I asked if any Jay had an ERA lower than any of the top 4 yankee starters. You pointed out that 1 of the starters had an ERA 0.08 higher than one of the Jays starters, and I said you were correct

What exactly was I deflecting from?

I don't think "deflection" (or "consistent" for that matter) mean what you think it does

your number 3 starter. who you hump like he is the second coming. he gets better with age.

-vp

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to take the emoticon feature away from Heatwave

He's turned into NySmokey, but without the baseball knowledge

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Pettitte to pitch ok when he's healthy.

His usual schtick - eat innings, respectable ERA, several DL stints, money in October

That's ace caliber in Toronto. In New York, we'll take that as a pretty good #3

deflection is thy name

-VP :lame:

Sake Bomb Sam

FREE UNO!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crackin down on the sexy avs. Hope my new one is OK

I hope they don't ban mine. I tried to tone down the raw sex appeal that oozes from my loins as i conduct music.....but that's almost impossible.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but remember when i got." phelps is replacing Nova idiot " like he was good or something like that. how's that working for ya.

It's hard to say, since he's only made 1 start

If he pitches like a Blue Jay for another 3-4 starts, then we can safely assume he sucks