• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankee Payroll

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every owner doesn't make the same amount of money, your lost with that statement. There is about 10 teams that can spend whatever, 10 teams that could spend alot more and 10 teams that could spend a little more. But to say they all can spend the same amount is like saying everyone living in the same neighborhood can spend the same amount, some live below their means, some live above their means and some live at their means...you can tell by the temp of the porage.

I'm saying every owner can spend money, perhaps not as much as the Yankees and Red Sox and now Dodgers but they can spend it. They chose not to spend any money and improve their team. Look at the Marlins (new ballpark not withstanding)... They get players via farm system and don't spend to keep them. Sure they might not be able to spend 25 million a year on said player but they can dip into their pockets and try to give said player more money.

Again, not saying every owner has ALL the money but they have it.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, I figured as much with the jealousy but like the songs says, "more money more problems".

Some problems you can't buy your way out of, and in the Yankees case of late, they more they spend the deeper the hole they're in gets.

That's a product of poor management not too much money.

The Yankees spend stupidly. If they were halfway intelligent and without major injuries they should win the World Series every year.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every owner doesn't make the same amount of money, your lost with that statement. There is about 10 teams that can spend whatever, 10 teams that could spend alot more and 10 teams that could spend a little more. But to say they all can spend the same amount is like saying everyone living in the same neighborhood can spend the same amount, some live below their means, some live above their means and some live at their means...you can tell by the temp of the porage.

I don't know about that.

It looks like the best way to make money in MLB is to field a AAA team and pocket revenue sharing. If you can fleece a city and get them to build a stadium for you then that's just gravy.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for Non Yankee fans:

Why do you care about the Yankee payroll so much?

I see it brought up so much, just curious.

There's plenty to troll about ON the field.

the Yankees fans should be the ones who don't like the payroll. the front office spends too much money on crap because they are too lazy to develop in their own pharm. how expensive are the seats at Yankees stadium? I guess there's no outrage for rich white people.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying every owner can spend money, perhaps not as much as the Yankees and Red Sox and now Dodgers but they can spend it. They chose not to spend any money and improve their team. Look at the Marlins (new ballpark not withstanding)... They get players via farm system and don't spend to keep them. Sure they might not be able to spend 25 million a year on said player but they can dip into their pockets and try to give said player more money.

Again, not saying every owner has ALL the money but they have it.

you're missing a huge point here

I get it, spend. but then you have to take into account the UNION. now we have to pay $10 million for a shortstop who can't even play :L

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, spend. but then you have to take into account the UNION. now we have to pay $10 million for a shortstop who can't even play :L

Yeah that is a good point. HOWEVER, NO OTHER TEAM wanted Drew (but I get why he had to be paid that)...You can thank Boras

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But don't have owners bitching and crying that they can't get players because in reality these owners chose NOT to spend the money

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If an annoying little imp (CSD) pokes enough buttons, I feel obligated to put the troll in his place.

I like pushing buttons and watching sensitive fans like yourself get all riled up is mildly amusing. Don't like it? put me on ignore. Same goes for you $500 Million.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is the weird part about baseball... Veterans hold out because they "deserve" more money... While the younger unproven players still get near the minimum... And generally the younger players are better than players like Drew...

Every year we see players that are free agents that are good enough to be on teams, but they just cost too much and just not worth want they want... But this really is an unfixable problem!!!