• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankee Payroll

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for Non Yankee fans:

Why do you care about the Yankee payroll so much?

I see it brought up so much, just curious.

There's plenty to troll about ON the field.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because wins per dollar is more important than actual winning percentage!!

I cant see any other reason besides jealousy...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mystery to me that fans of teams that can't afford to spend as much as a team like the NYY root against the NYY. To see that, try to imagine that you are a Mets fan. Hope that helps.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really couldn't give two shits, to be honest.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a random example:

Gloat to me when the Yankees stop bumbling their payroll, mkay? I might be waiting awhile.

:scratch:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Yankees fans brag about the "front office" being great, its much easier to be a great front office when you have money to fix the mistakes.

There is a reason the Yankees don't have to or do develop much home grown talent, because the front office has the money to go shopping for it instead of growing it and they know it. Its not a bad thing, its just the way it is but don't claim its a "better front office"...give that type of money to every front office, then compare teams.

Jeter, Rivera and Posada are almost the end of the era of home grown talent. The Yankees will have a few and far between homegrowns now, not the only team doing it..its just the evolution of baseball.

Until the league takes the CAP rules that other sports do, its tough to compare fairly. The front offices in Football and Basketball can be compared and its great that fans of every team can actually blame the front office, lol.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Yankees fans brag about the "front office" being great, its much easier to be a great front office when you have money to fix the mistakes.

There is a reason the Yankees don't have to or do develop much home grown talent, because the front office has the money to go shopping for it instead of growing it and they know it. Its not a bad thing, its just the way it is but don't claim its a "better front office"...give that type of money to every front office, then compare teams.

Jeter, Rivera and Posada are almost the end of the era of home grown talent. The Yankees will have a few and far between homegrowns now, not the only team doing it..its just the evolution of baseball.

Until the league takes the CAP rules that other sports do, its tough to compare fairly. The front offices in Football and Basketball can be compared and its great that fans of every team can actually blame the front office, lol.

\
But nobody is trying to compare... You really think yankee fans care about KC??

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name of the game is winning. Doesn't really matter how you do it, as long as you get it done.

Yankees are notorious for winning. Not much else to debate about.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. No Yankee fan should be bragging about how great the front office is, they miss more often than not.
  2. The Yankees don't develop much home grown talent because they are notorious for drafting poorly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most yankee fans will admit that the Yankees don't spend wisely... Their problem is the whole win-now philosophy... So they will sign long term deals where that player helps right away, and then they fall apart... For example Yankees sign CC and Tex and then win the WS, but both had such a long contract and already on their way down, that now the Yankees have so many high payroll players who are just not good... And the Yankees can not get rid of them, because nobody wants them anymore(due to money, and not being good) and they get paid too much to be benched!!!

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win-now philosophy is due in large part to the fact that they have a fan base that won't tolerate a rebuild, so we get band aids instead.

It doesn't work, except for 2009, but we had a better core then.

Right now we have zero core, just Tanaka.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The win-now philosophy is due in large part to the fact that they have a fan base that won't tolerate a rebuild, so we get band aids instead.

It doesn't work, except for 2009, but we had a better core then.

Right now we have zero core, just Tanaka.

Not just the fans, in fact it was mostly George when he was around!!! Then the newer steinbrenners, after a year or 2 of mediocrity had so much pressure on them that they caved in!!!

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just the fans, in fact it was mostly George when he was around!!! Then the newer steinbrenners, after a year or 2 of mediocrity had so much pressure on them that they caved in!!!

Good point.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is going to be scary, 2 seasons in a row with the Yankees not making the playoffs, and with not much in the minor leagues... Hell will break lose with the yankee payroll!!!

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is going to be scary, 2 seasons in a row with the Yankees not making the playoffs, and with not much in the minor leagues... Hell will break lose with the yankee payroll!!!

And, Arod comes back on the books! Unless they make a trade like Boston did with Nick Punto two years ago, New York is already on the hook for Rodriguez, Teixiera, Sabathia, Tanaka, Ellsbury, McCann, Beltran & Gardener (for almost $160m)... I think they just have to suck it up for three more years.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During the draft I was wondering to myself if they would trade Beltran for the pick they gave up to get him, i bet they would have.

We may have a protected top 10 pick in the 2015 draft, so there's that.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for Non Yankee fans:

Why do you care about the Yankee payroll so much?

I see it brought up so much, just curious.

There's plenty to troll about ON the field.

I don't care but I can see why some fans view it as a sore point when the Yankees are pouncing on high priced free agents every off season. As I see it most of those acquisitions were good in the short run but awfully in the long run and that's where Yankees baseball is today. They're going to have a very difficult time competing in the next few years.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most are just jealous because their own team won't spend any money....

It is a little better now, with more teams figuring out how to spend wisely and the Yankees trying to (or at least talking about trying to) reduce their payroll....

Highest Paid Players | Cot's Baseball Contracts

completely agree, jealous, frustrated...like I said, it is what it is, the yankees and a few other teams have an advantage for being able to afford better quality players. Until they finally put a Cap on each team, its not changing, so just got to do what you can to complete. But when Yankees fans (not all but some do) completely dismiss that advange then thats where you realize the ignorant ones.