• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF is going on in Baltimore?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 arrests this off season?!

Ravens' Jimmy Smith arrested for disorderly conduct - NFL.com

Now, in Jimmy's defense it sounds like he was trying to do the right thing and keep this woman from falling over as she was throwing up in a sink....nonetheless, when a police officer tells you to step out of the bathroom, you don't say, "I play for the Ravens, what the **** are you doing to do"?

They're going to arrest and charge you, dumb ass. Badge > football player.

5 arrests this off season in Baltimore. Two more they get a free set of steak knives.

We all know about Ray Rice and his Mike Tyson moment with his then GF in the elevator, but taking a look at the other 3....

Jah Reed was arrested for battery. Basic large man gets drunk beats up on someone, security comes over and large drunk man smacks them around, too. At least he didn't shoot himself in the leg.

Deonte Thompson was arrested for felony pot possession. I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as felony pot possession, but OK. Charges were dismissed.

And Lorenzo Taliaferro rounds it out by pulling the window out of a taxi cab. He was drunk and called a cab rather than drive. (YEAH! Someone finally figure this shit out!!) After getting out he leans in, grabbing the window for balance and him and the driver get into it verbally. The cab pulls away and he doesn't let go of the window. How do you not let go of the window? Especially if you're a RB? It was nothing serious medically but he could have cut his hands to the point where he'd done tendon and/or nerve damage and there goes his career. You gotta be smarter than that, man.

Granted, the only serious one here was Ray Rice and his 'knockout game - the home version' but 5 arrests in one off season?

:wtf2:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins vs Ravens for offseason champs?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lorenzo Taliaferro rounds it out by pulling the window out of a taxi cab. He was drunk and called a cab rather than drive. (YEAH! Someone finally figure this shit out!!) After getting out he leans in, grabbing the window for balance and him and the driver get into it verbally. The cab pulls away and he doesn't let go of the window. How do you not let go of the window? Especially if you're a RB? It was nothing serious medically but he could have cut his hands to the point where he'd done tendon and/or nerve damage and there goes his career. You gotta be smarter than that, man.

Pretty sure the damage it could have done to the hands would affect any player of any position. So saying "especially if you're a RB" makes no sense to support your argument.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the damage it could have done to the hands would affect any player of any position. So saying "especially if you're a RB" makes no sense to support your argument.

If you're a DL or OL, not as much as a RB. I remember seeing DL and OL play with casts on their forearms and one year I think Jared Allen played with his entire hand taped up like a ball.

What you think? Do you think a RB could pull that off?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy was good at mugging too

still2.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a DL or OL, not as much as a RB. I remember seeing DL and OL play with casts on their forearms and one year I think Jared Allen played with his entire hand taped up like a ball.

What you think? Do you think a RB could pull that off?

If it wasn't his dominant hand, then maybe.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this fact... Thought I should share

"The Ravens have had five players arrested, and the other 31 teams combined have had 14 arrests. This means 1 out of every 4 NFL players arrested this offseason have been Ravens."

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is going on in Baltimore?
Inbreeding?:noidea: Oh wait,are you just talking about the Ravens?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens were really bummed that they finished 3rd in the division last year so John and Ozzie vowed to win the offseason.

Unfornunately, the players thought they ment lead the divison and league in arrests. They were chasing Cinnci after all!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is anyone surprised? The Ravens have always had a roster of thugs.

It's just par.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Meh... disorderly conduct is just a little more serious than a parking ticket. It's an indication that you're probably a low-brow, vulgar kind of person; but in and of itself it's not a big deal.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that he did anything wrong here. His friend (or whatever) is in need of help. It's not like he's trying to hide in the bathroom, and he wasn't doing anything illegal.

Analogy: If my friend/family member is having a medical crisis and I am speeding to get them to the hospital... I'm not stopping for any police sirens. I will promptly call 911 and inform them that the police can meet me at the hospital.

This smells very much like a butt hurt cop abusing discretion.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 arrests this off season?!

:wtf2:

You should be able to answer this question. The Steelers had 6 players arrested in an 18-month span in 2009/2010 AND 2 alleged sexual assaults against Roethlisberger on top of that.

So you tell me... :wtf2:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be able to answer this question. The Steelers had 6 players arrested in an 18-month span in 2009/2010 AND 2 alleged sexual assaults against Roethlisberger on top of that.

So you tell me... :wtf2:

So what we did in 18 months you're just one shy of in a single off season.

Get it?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what we did in 18 months you're just one shy of in a single off season.

Get it?

Because 18 months is a really long time to have 6 arrests on top of the Roethlisberger incidents???

The point is that teams tend to go through spurts with this kind of crap. It sucks and it's aggravating, but the only serious incident with the Ravens was Rice.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 18 months is a really long time to have 6 arrests on top of the Roethlisberger incidents???

The point is that teams tend to go through spurts with this kind of crap. It sucks and it's aggravating, but the only serious incident with the Ravens was Rice.

Have to agree with this in every team...even the best in the league have things like this happen every once in a while. It seems once one incident happens the flood gates open. Last year I got to the point that I was afraid to open any sports related blog because I knew another Bronco player or personnel person had probably been arrested or suspended. Yet this season *knock on wood* there has only been one incident that has pretty much been cleared up as a misunderstanding. I don't think the Broncos were any worse character wise of a team last year compared to this year but it just so happened all decided to be idiots all at once.