• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow Stafford traded

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never considered Stafford a Hall of Fame QB and I doubt going to the SB with the Rams will do it for him. But if he had played for a better team and actually had chances to win big throughout his career as I said he would be in the discussion.

I think it's clear that he will win now, will he get to the SB is another question.
Just on raw stats Stafford on a clear trajectory for the Hall, but his decade of losing weighs FAR more than his stats. If he becomes a winner now people are not going to care where the stats came from.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on raw stats Stafford on a clear trajectory for the Hall, but his decade of losing weighs FAR more than his stats. If he becomes a winner now people are not going to care where the stats came from.

The guy put up video game numbers his whole career...If he won one, he'd definitely go to the Hall...There's no question in my mind.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy put up video game numbers his whole career...If he won one, he'd definitely go to the Hall...There's no question in my mind.

I hope you are right. He has been underappreciated his entire career. You would not believe all the nonsense I read on another Washington board as posters point only to his win/loss record. Idiots.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. He has been underappreciated his entire career. You would not believe all the nonsense I read on another Washington board as posters point only to his win/loss record. Idiots.

I mean...Have they ever watched football? The Lions destroyed what many consider the greatest NFL running back in history's career...Matthew Stafford is like a walk in the park for that franchise.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions destroyed Barry Sanders's career? Sanders btw is a hall of famer. Yeah they really destroyed him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions destroyed Barry Sanders's career? Sanders btw is a hall of famer. Yeah they really destroyed him.

Lions should have been dominant with that man toting the rock for them. He was one of a kind. LOL...He retired because he was done with their bullsh*t...How do you have the one of the best RB's in NFL history and suck so bad that he's like "F*ck this I'm out?" Answer: Be the Detroit Lions.

Even when the Vikings f*cked it up so hard time and time again for Adrian Peterson, he never was like "I'm done with this football thing" because of them.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a "destroyed" hall of famer.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a "destroyed" hall of famer.

Next time you see Barry Sanders, ask him if he thinks the Lions legit could have ever won the Super Bowl during his time there...Take it in...The destruction.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next time you see Barry Sanders, ask him if he thinks the Lions legit could have ever won the Super Bowl during his time there...Take it in...The destruction.

Whether the Lions could have ever won the SB or not has nothing to do with whether Barry was "destroyed".

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the Lions could have ever won the SB or not has nothing to do with whether Barry was "destroyed".

A player, especially one like Barry Sanders, wants to win the Super Bowl...and I assure you feels unaccomplished because he didn't...

Imagine being one of, if not the, best players at your position and you touch the ball 25+ times a game...and your team never wins sh*t.

Dude was "destroyed" even if not literally. He took his ball and went home.

I would normally digress this nitpicky deal you got going on with the word "destroyed." But I don't like cheeseheads...so you get nothing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions wrecked what should be a potential HOF career out of Stafford. If that dude was on any other competent franchise, he would have had much more success and multiple playoff runs.

Yeah it sucks that the Lions got a ton of picks for him, but if anyone reading this right now thinks management/ownership matters and/or harps on how we’ll never win sh*t with McCaskeys/Phillips...There’s no way you can give two sh*ts about the Lions getting picks because Lions ownership makes McCaskeys/Phillips look like George Halas and Art Rooney.

Basically, until I actually see the Lions win on the field consistently, I’m not believing it.
It’s a potential HOF career again now.

He wins a SB, it’s a done deal.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was "destroyed" even if not literally. He took his ball and went home.

You know how he feels? I assume you know him personally?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how he feels? I assume you know him personally?

Fine...I'll give you his words and then you can go back to nitpicking the "destroyed" verb usage...

"I was crying because I knew it was over," Sanders says in the book, "Barry Sanders: Now You See Him ... His Story in His Own Words," an as-told-to book written with longtime friend Mark McCormick of The Wichita Eagle.

As the clock ran out in Baltimore, he said, "It also ran out in my career. I decided they could go on without me."

It would be months before Sanders shared that decision with the rest of the country in a brief retirement statement that only hinted at his true feelings. His retirement shocked the sports world because he was only 31 and on the verge of breaking Walter Payton's all-time NFL rushing record.

Although the statement referred to his loss of will to continue in the NFL, it did not openly criticize the Lions' front office.

Sanders changes course in the book, saying a "communications gap" opened between him and the Lions' front office as the team unloaded quality players.

After working to help Detroit try to build a winner throughout the 1990s, Sanders suffered as the Lions slumped to 5-11 in two of his last three seasons.

"After all these years, I'd come full circle," Sanders says in the book. "It was tough to stay focused and motivated."

The realization that management no longer cared about winning "slammed me harder than any linebacker had ever hit me in my entire career," Sanders says. "That realization trivialized everything I did during the off-season to prepare myself. It trivialized everything I dreamed about from the time I was a kid in Wichita ..."

On an aside, I actually want to read this book now...I was a big Barry Sanders fan. Emmitt Smith couldn't hold that dude's jock...That argument used to piss me off so much.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions sat Sanders despite knowing how talented he was, that would equate to the "Lions destroyed" him. But Sanders had a hof career--hardly qualifies as destroying a guy. If that's destroying, please Lions, destroy me too.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine...I'll give you his words and then you can go back to nitpicking the "destroyed" verb usage...

It's always nice to be a step ahead of the cheeseheads...Broken ass foam cheese-wearing record...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people have no clue how dumb they actually are.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy that will argue for two pages over semantics.

All i said was Sanders was not "destroyed" by Lions. He's the one that kept going. If Sanders was destroyed, he wouldn't be a HOFer. Pretty simple logic.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i said was Sanders was not "destroyed" by Lions. He's the one that kept going. If Sanders was destroyed, he wouldn't be a HOFer. Pretty simple logic.
Oh, well since you put it that way...