• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow Stafford traded

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Rams for 2 1st round draft picks + 3rd round pick + Goff

That is A LOT more than I thought the Lions could get for Stafford. Price for Watson just went up big time.

Those 2 1st round picks are late 1st round picks though so there is that.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Rams for 2 1st round draft picks + 3rd round pick + Goff

That is A LOT more than I thought the Lions could get for Stafford. Price for Watson just went up big time.

Those 2 1st round picks are late 1st round picks though so there is that.
Yeah, still a high price for a QB in his mid-30s who is getting more and more fragile! Rams are pushing their chips in for this window, obviously.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team who has a window and knew their QB was holding them back. I have no idea how they can absorb the biggest dead cap in history with the Goff trade and take on Stafford's contract along with their other huge deals. It's a big gamble but I like the aggressiveness. I'll be rooting for the Rams. I'm a big Stafford guy and I'm really disappointed he's not going to Washington.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb ass Rams, they got taken to the cleaners on this one. Lions fans must be dancing in the streets.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they play the Bears I’m 100% on the Rams train. Stafford is a really good qb that got his career eaten by the Lions franchise.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a team who has a window and knew their QB was holding them back. I have no idea how they can absorb the biggest dead cap in history with the Goff trade and take on Stafford's contract along with their other huge deals. It's a big gamble but I like the aggressiveness. I'll be rooting for the Rams. I'm a big Stafford guy and I'm really disappointed he's not going to Washington.

Great point here. Likely the voluminous number of picks given up was to offset Goff's terrible contract.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they play the Bears I’m 100% on the Rams train. Stafford is a really good qb that got his career eaten by the Lions franchise.
Not gonna argue that Stafford is better than Goff, he is, and I'm not sure that Goff will ever improve enough to the point that he was ever worthy of having been a 1st round pick. But what the Rams surrendered in order to obtain Stafford's services are enormous. Nothing short of winning the Super Bowl will have justified this trade. And no, not just making the playoffs or advancing in them - the Rams have already accomplished this, so let's immediately rule these out. They'll have to win the Super Bowl, plain and simple, in order to merit this lopsided trade.

I wouldn't have cared if all this happened involving a team outside our division or better yet, outside our conference. I don't two shits about the Rams, unless we play them. But it's the Lions, a Norris rival, who will soon reap the benefits of this. I don't care if that 3rd rounder and two 1st rounders fall later in the respective rounds, they're still damn valuable picks. So if the Rams go on to win the Super Bowl, I'll take all this back. But if I'm a betting man, I'd hedge that bet very, very carefully.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna argue that Stafford is better than Goff, he is, and I'm not sure that Goff will ever improve enough to the point that he was ever worthy of having been a 1st round pick. But what the Rams surrendered in order to obtain Stafford's services are enormous. Nothing short of winning the Super Bowl will have justified this trade. And no, not just making the playoffs or advancing in them - the Rams have already accomplished this, so let's immediately rule these out. They'll have to win the Super Bowl, plain and simple, in order to merit this lopsided trade.

I wouldn't have cared if all this happened involving a team outside our division or better yet, outside our conference. I don't two shits about the Rams, unless we play them. But it's the Lions, a Norris rival, who will soon reap the benefits of this. I don't care if that 3rd rounder and two 1st rounders fall later in the respective rounds, they're still damn valuable picks. So if the Rams go on to win the Super Bowl, I'll take all this back. But if I'm a betting man, I'd hedge that bet very, very carefully.

The Lions wrecked what should be a potential HOF career out of Stafford. If that dude was on any other competent franchise, he would have had much more success and multiple playoff runs.

Yeah it sucks that the Lions got a ton of picks for him, but if anyone reading this right now thinks management/ownership matters and/or harps on how we’ll never win sh*t with McCaskeys/Phillips...There’s no way you can give two sh*ts about the Lions getting picks because Lions ownership makes McCaskeys/Phillips look like George Halas and Art Rooney.

Basically, until I actually see the Lions win on the field consistently, I’m not believing it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions wrecked what should be a potential HOF career out of Stafford. If that dude was on any other competent franchise, he would have had much more success and multiple playoff runs.

Yeah it sucks that the Lions got a ton of picks for him, but if anyone reading this right now thinks management/ownership matters and/or harps on how we’ll never win sh*t with McCaskeys/Phillips.. There’s no way you can give two sh*ts about the Lions getting picks because Lions ownership makes McCaskeys/Phillips look like George Halas and Art Rooney.
Basically, until I actually see the Lions win on the field consistently, I’m not believing it.
I do agree with you on the history of the Lions and how they handle their high end picks - yes, historically even worse than the Bears. But that doesn't mean they'll fail this time around. So why give them the opportunity.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree with you on the history of the Lions and how they handle their high end picks - yes, historically even worse than the Bears. But that doesn't mean they'll fail this time around. So why give them the opportunity.

Not really sure what any other team would have given up. Maybe that is the actual market and it is what it is? Deshaun Watson trade may be telling in regards to this. Rams do some stupid sh*t so them overpaying wouldn’t be a surprise but I’m still not believing the Lions do anything but Lion until proven otherwise. If the Vikings pulled some sh*t like this off with Cousins, I’d be a lot more worried. Of course, Stafford is a ton better than Cousins.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff has to be really pissed, going from LA to shit hole Detroit. I see a potential train wreck there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure what any other team would have given up. Maybe that is the actual market and it is what it is? Deshaun Watson trade may be telling in regards to this. Rams do some stupid sh*t so them overpaying wouldn’t be a surprise but I’m still not believing the Lions do anything but Lion until proven otherwise. If the Vikings pulled some sh*t like this off with Cousins, I’d be a lot more worried. Of course, Stafford is a ton better than Cousins.
I can't even fathom now what it will take to land Watson. Houston must be licking its chops.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much. They must really hate Goff.

They sent him to the Lions. They loathe that mother f*cker...lol. Literally the NFL version of burn in hell...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I would not worry about the Lions. They just gave up a QB who had he played his career in Pittsburgh may be considered a HOF QB. Sure they got a haul but 2 late first round picks, with no QB on the roster, won't change who the Lions are and always have been.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would not worry about the Lions. They just gave up a QB who had he played his career in Pittsburgh may be considered a HOF QB. Sure they got a haul but 2 late first round picks, with no QB on the roster, won't change who the Lions are and always have been.
That is my favorite part of the trade. If Stafford now has some success then he is still likely to get into the hall. Right now he has the stats, but he never won anything, if he ends his career on a good team winning then it is clear the issue was the Lions and not him.

If he continues to lose, then he was always an appropriate match for the Lions and we will all know it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my favorite part of the trade. If Stafford now has some success then he is still likely to get into the hall. Right now he has the stats, but he never won anything, if he ends his career on a good team winning then it is clear the issue was the Lions and not him.

If he continues to lose, then he was always an appropriate match for the Lions and we will all know it.

This is a good point. He's somewhat of a barometer for just how inept the Lions are...If he goes to the Super Bowl with the Rams, I mean...How could anyone NOT read that as Lions management being just the pinnacle of fail?

I mean, here on the Bears board we've been saying for basically our entire lives: "If only the Bears could find a legit QB"....If Stafford took the Rams to the promised land, that literally means the Lions HAD the QB to win it all...and blew it. That possibility blows my f*cking mind honestly.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good point. He's somewhat of a barometer for just how inept the Lions are...If he goes to the Super Bowl with the Rams, I mean...How could anyone NOT read that as Lions management being just the pinnacle of fail?

I mean, here on the Bears board we've been saying for basically our entire lives: "If only the Bears could find a legit QB"....If Stafford took the Rams to the promised land, that literally means the Lions HAD the QB to win it all...and blew it. That possibility blows my f*cking mind honestly.

I am also just thrilled that instead of following the CJ/Sanders model, he allowed a trade over early retirement

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never considered Stafford a Hall of Fame QB and I doubt going to the SB with the Rams will do it for him. But if he had played for a better team and actually had chances to win big throughout his career as I said he would be in the discussion.

I think it's clear that he will win now, will he get to the SB is another question.